Thread: what the .....is up with selling plots?

Default what the .....is up with selling plots?

i have a dual sub 1 plot and i cant buy a plot? says i have 2 plots atm. i did buy a plot from a player and then sold back, now i wanna buy another plot but i get this crap, was never an issue b4 and im down right losing my cool, i waited for near 12 hrs after i sold a plot back to the owner, look its quite simple, i added a 2nd sub so i could do things like this and if i cant, you owe me some coin, its best you fix this, i mean wtf?

Gothos of Chaos, second Saris of Istaria to achieve adventure rating of 278

Default Re: what the .....is up with selling plots?

i can get loader if needed alot loader, a squeeky wheel

Gothos, put the keyboard down and walk away slowly from the computer. Take a break man, give someone a chance to respond.

ya i will, i just get so worked up over things that should not be, imo go to mmorpg site and post there for a bit

You said you gave it 12 hours? Try giving it a full 24. It seems some people have been having similar issues. Calm down, take a few breaths. It'll get sorted out soon enough, I'm sure. If it's still not working after a full 24 hours, you might file a support ticket.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

Its now after hours here in the states, most likely everyone in Vitrium has gone home for the day. Even during peak/work hours, it can take a couple hours before someone has time to take a moment and browse the boards.

Furthermore, there was a "fix" implemented a few months back that requires you to wait 24 hours before purchasing a new plot/lair after you sell your old one, this may be your problem, and why you are still showing as owning 2 plots rather than just 1. You may also want to submit a ticket as this could also be a bug, written in a calm and clear manner will help get your issue resolved quickly (with-in 24 hours in most cases).

Tcei, the process was that you couldn't sell a plot w/in 24 hours of buying it; not that you sell a plot and can't buy another one for 24 hours.

This problem's been reported in other threads.
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster
    I'm gonna post in this one too!

Quote Originally Posted by Creme View Post
    Tcei, the process was that you couldn't sell a plot w/in 24 hours of buying it; not that you sell a plot and can't buy another one for 24 hours.

This problem's been reported in other threads.
    This is also incorrect. I just sold a plot and can't buy another one because the game still think I own the one I sold for 24 hours.

not good

plots are the best thing in Istaria, hope that this will get fixed soon

Quote Originally Posted by Shian
    This is also incorrect. I just sold a plot and can't buy another one because the game still think I own the one I sold for 24 hours.
    No, the correct process is a 24 hour hold upon purchasing a plot. What you and other players have seen is a different situation, but IS occurring. Per the rules on plot purchasing/selling, is not supposed to happen, unless the rules changed and no one was informed; however, given that the message received is that you STILL own the plot you just sold (when you try to purchase one), it seems to be that the server isn't recognizing the correct number of plots the player owns.
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster
    I'm gonna post in this one too!

perhaps a message saying when the sale of the plot will be officially recorded at the istarian real estate offices would help?

This is happening because someone has to buy the Delgarath Labrynth Entrance. Empire is pissed no one has paid for that land.

Suggestion: Anger Management.

Don't feel bad.
    I have been here since beta.
    Should have bought a plot when the game first went live.
    The current prices for plots will keep me from buying one till I'm level 100.
    Playing when I can (lvl 39).

I officially deem the plot system to be junk!

Again its bugging - fix it, dont play around with it(devs)!
    Last edited by Velea; July 14th, 2009 at 11:00 PM.
    Dakoren Ironhand - Multiclassed Half-Giant
    Krondel Bloodclaw - Ancient Dragon

I'm having the same problem....i found a plot next to the resources I intend on working with and sold my other plot.....low and behold...my old plot is for sale...and I cannot purchase the new one because the system still thinks I own one.....

Just please fix this ASAP devs.....

Has everyone that had problems submited a ticket?

Aye, posting and then getting mad on the forum sthat something isn't being fixed - isn't the most efficient way to actually GET something looked at...

Tickets...if this is happening to you - file a ticket!
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

There was a problem with account services not updating correctly when someone sold a plot. I've consulted with our lead programmer and he believes that the problem was fixed as of Friday, July 10th.

If you experience a problem with purchasing a plot after July 10th (morning) because the plot you recently sold was not "cleared" from your account properly, please submit a support ticket. As has been said by others, posting on the forums is not an effective way to let us know that there is a problem with the plot system.

Thread Information