Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Toonami n TV

Delaware, USA that little state no one knows about XP

Angry Toonami n TV

I was watching some Wolf's Rain episodes on my iPod Touch on YouTube right, and I decided to search for the username that posted them. The username was The Toonami Legacy and what the search found was tributes to that action cartoon block that had been running on Cartoon Network for the past 11 years. I watched a tribute and it made me realize how much I miss that cartoon block of awesomeness. Granted, the past few years of Toonami sucked for the most part, but back in the good ol' days it was the greatest thing ever! Why Cartoon Network?! WHY!!?? It was my childhood companion for ages! I remember watching Batman and Zoids and Sailor Moon and they even had Powerpuff Girls on there! That was back when they had it on weekdays. When they moved it to Saturday nights, I was like 'okay', but it was still there and still awesome. It had Samurai Jack and Megas XLR (has greatest opening theme song IMO), and moar Zoids (still my obsession). I never really watched Dragon Ball Z much, but it was always there. All those random Gundam shows too. Of course, the last few years of Toonami weren't quite what they used to be; Bobobo? wtf? In fact I stopped watching it every Saturday, but when I learned they canceled Toonami last September I couldn't believe it! And today I just kinda really missed my Toonami. :/ You will live on in my memories forever!

Like Toonami, the rest of TV has turned to absolute crap these past few years. More AND more commercials take up all the air time. Sometimes it's so bad you forget what you were even watching. I realized that, generally, TV shows are about 20 mins, the rest of the time is taken up by the most horrendously STUPID commercials EVER! I swear, my brain dies every time I sit through a Progressive or Geico or insert-random-car-company commercial. Some you can't even tell what the hell they're trying to sell!

And the stupidity doesn't stop there... no. It's leached into the actual shows! I hardly even watch TV anymore except for Bleach on Adult Swim. The shows nowadays I don't even bother with, there's no point to them. Have you seen any of the new cartoons they have out now? Garbage!! The last real gem, at least as far as cartoons go, was Avatar but now that series has finished. Now I'm convinced that the last really good era of TV has gone with the 90s. I watched TV a lot more than I played video games then. *sighs* I want my 90s TV back! TV today is nothing but a brain-killing pile of CRAP! Seriously W...T...F... Stop screwing around and start making TV good again!!

Okay... rant over.
    Anariah, Callihan, Selarth, Osiron, Asandra, Azayan, and Zefani of the Order Shard
    Want a pic of your character? Click here!

Default Re: Toonami n TV

I feel for ya Bright! Cartoon network in general isnt what it used to be. Very few good cartoons (Chowder and Flapjack, both of which are being cancled I hear). Lots of stupid spoofs of RL Drama and Reality tv. They're even starting to pack on non-cartoon shows now. My sis predicts that in 4-5 years it'll just be another clone of Nickelodeon/Disney. If you have Boomerang you can watch many of the old greats, same thing for Cartoon Network on Demand

Yeah I've got Boomerang (thank goodness)! But CN is just rediculous now. :/
    Anariah, Callihan, Selarth, Osiron, Asandra, Azayan, and Zefani of the Order Shard

i was one of the nickelodeon generation kids growing up in the 90's, i watched Nick back then a LOT. i remember when many of the classic shows STARTED on nickelodeon. i still remember when Rocko's modern life started out. i also watched a bit of CN too, i watched the ORIGINAL Dexter's Laboratory, when Cartoon Network also had ReBoot, and the first seasons of Dragon Ball Z. i remember when Wild and Crazy Kids was shown on Nickelodeon. i also remember when Pete and Pete was just a 30 second skit, before it came out in a show, when Danny tamborelli was just a young kid.

who loves orange soda? i do! i do i do i do i doohooo!

i remember when Doug started. :| (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdzyuJJZMCI whoever remembers this is as old as me)
    Last edited by Romirez; July 12th, 2009 at 02:44 AM.

Haha - yea you youngun's..we didn't have no Cartoon Network when I was a babe (earlier 80s)..we grew up on PBS and Nickelodean (anyone else remember Today's Special, Pinwheel, and of course the after school classic - YOu can' Do that on Television which started the slime craze.

Anyone remember Turkey TV? I'd say a predeseccor to Adult Swim and esp. Robot Chicken if there ever was one. Why I'd bet money Seth Green grew up watching Turkey TV just like I did..,lol.

And on Saturday (or after school) - who had the best cartoons - why the NETWORKS - Smurfs! Heman! Transformers! Thundercats! Dungeons and Dragons! AWESOME!

Not sure why cartoon network doesn't show THOSE cartoons - much better than the latest "ripoff" pokemon or teenage mutant/hero cartoons (which is all I see anywhere).

As for Adult Swim - no, no now don't go knockin' that. Wolf's Rain played on AS a few years ago (god the end of that show drives me nuts..I WANT MORE WOLF's RAIN!), I dont know why uit mentions Toonami..that was no Toonami show. We watch Adult Swim each and every night from start till about 1 am (through Venture Brothers and stuff).

Bleach isn't the only thing people watch, nor is it the only thing worth watchign on AS! :P

(edit: P>S> Avatar is the name of the new 3d ultraawesomeimaxcgispectacular James Cameron's new movie - due out this xmas I THINK. If you're a fan like me you know we've been waiting over a decade for his new movie (last one was Titanic - eh give me Aliens), and the word for this new creation is nothing short of "OMG AWESOMESAUCE"..though I have noi dea if its connected to the cartoon series or the comic series I've heard about of hte same name...)
    Last edited by Frith-Rae; July 12th, 2009 at 02:59 AM. Reason: added the awesomesauce
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

bah i grew up on warner bros cartoons (bugs bunny as the barber of seville makes me pee, its so funny), popeye, chilly willy, woody woodpecker - the classics!!!
    you young'uns are just too spoiled, i tell ya!!!!!

ooo yeah i love the last airbender too!! (just got snake an avatar coincounter from the dollar store, cause it was soo kewl!) snake's got all the available seasons on dvd and we are always watching it - was an avatar marathon this week!
    Last edited by velveeta; July 12th, 2009 at 03:02 AM. Reason: [penguins is practically chickens!!!]
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

"going to try and typ this right "

i rember how the cartoon ues tobe yes and they were grate : ) we as keds most likey knew that it was a cartoon ..

now a day parens rather call up the tv compny and monand gon about what there puting on tv for the kids . . " hell i rember the First power rangers XD "

it all come down to parnter rather call up and complan the juset chang the tv chanle . and cartoon new wrok back in the day was the best thing ever XD lets seen what i can rember ... dragon ball Z / "i cant rember the name but it was a card thing ... Not pokemon or yougo ... .. ahh "beats head on table .. i only rember a name in the one .. youa or how ever its spelled : P ... "but any way .. most to the cartoon now a day are sooo ... not like thay ues to be "i know i'll add to the list in some point and time lol still trying to rember . XD.) and yes i rember sailermoon hehe

prety much the same with some games as well but i wont add on that.

most of the cartoon i wich now is bleach XD on at a later time "no littel eyes to wich it :P
    http://staronlightwing.deviantart.com/
    Hellenia hord 95869756, lv's 100.100.63 Staron hord 151402610 lv's 100.100.83 Josanna hord 2275812 lv's 100.100.87 Figes hord 126074906 lv's 57.34.00

Quote Originally Posted by Romirez View Post
    i was one of the nickelodeon generation kids growing up in the 90's, i watched Nick back then a LOT. i remember when many of the classic shows STARTED on nickelodeon. i still remember when Rocko's modern life started out. i also watched a bit of CN too, i watched the ORIGINAL Dexter's Laboratory, when Cartoon Network also had ReBoot, and the first seasons of Dragon Ball Z. i remember when Wild and Crazy Kids was shown on Nickelodeon. i also remember when Pete and Pete was just a 30 second skit, before it came out in a show, when Danny tamborelli was just a young kid.

who loves orange soda? i do! i do i do i do i doohooo!

i remember when Doug started. :| (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdzyuJJZMCI whoever remembers this is as old as me)
    OMG yes! Rugrats, Ah! Real Monsters, oh, and there was that Legends of the Hidden Temple thingy too. All That, Alex Mac, Are You Afraid of the Dark. Psshh, I watched all those Nick shows. Watched all the Cartoon Network ones too. In fact I watched Dexter's Lab last night on Boomerang. :3

Quote Originally Posted by Frith-Rae View Post

As for Adult Swim - no, no now don't go knockin' that. Wolf's Rain played on AS a few years ago (god the end of that show drives me nuts..I WANT MORE WOLF's RAIN!)..

Bleach isn't the only thing people watch, nor is it the only thing worth watchign on AS! :P
    I watched a lot of the other animes they had on AS too. Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, etc. And yes, I agree, moar Wolf's Rain! Bleach is the only thing I currently watch regularly on there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frith-Rae View Post
    (edit: P>S> Avatar is the name of the new 3d ultraawesomeimaxcgispectacular James Cameron's new movie -..though I have noi dea if its connected to the cartoon series or the comic series I've heard about of hte same name...)
    As far as I know, Cameron's movie has absolutely nothing to do with Avatar the Last Airbender. M. Night Shamylan (however you spell it) is making a live-action Airbender movie.

Quote Originally Posted by velveeta View Post
    bah i grew up on warner bros cartoons (bugs bunny as the barber of seville makes me pee, its so funny), popeye, chilly willy, woody woodpecker - the classics!!!
    you young'uns are just too spoiled, i tell ya!!!!!
    Who can beat Bug Bunny? x3 I love me some Warner Bros too!

Quote Originally Posted by Hellenia View Post
    "i cant rember the name but it was a card thing ... Not pokemon or yougo ... .. ahh "beats head on table .. i only rember a name in the one .. youa or how ever its spelled : P ...
    Cardcaptors? Other than that, the only other card thing I can think of is Duel Masters but I'm pretty sure that's not it.

more wolf's rain, more inuyasha um... i remember spider-man the 90s cartoons on saturday i also remember heman, used to wake up to Extreme dinosaurs (curse you digimon and pokemon for kicking them off!!!))) and my favorite was godzilla ((after the new godzilla with awesome sauce cgi effects with nick totopilos)) im only 18 so no calling me old
    100/96/21 32.2 mill hoard Killer 87% socializer 47% explorer 40% achiever 40%

I remember having satellite tv and a pvr. Lots of commercials but the pvr was like a magic dose of ad-b-gon or 'well I missed what he said cause my sister was having a tantrum, lets watch it again'.

I moved across the country and suddenly we can't use either... our house is stuck with cable (Although it is free but still) and there is almost always nothing on worth watching. I'm serious. Not that I have really ever watched a lot of tv but now I don't think I can watch tv here...

I dont really watch tv muvh anymore but everything mentioned here i loved an used to watch. Reboot card captors thudercats looney tunes megas Awesomeness XLR Gundam Wing Big O wolfs rain witch hunter robin digimon not to much a poke fan, but just everything was awesome spiderman, gargolyles , DBZ/GT/DB,sailor moon, FMA , Bleach and Especially ONE piece an Fairy tail

An the avatar movie has to due with the series because in the ad it says based off the show Avatar the last airbender.
    ^.^ *Speed Demon of order..*

I must admit that I am disgusted at the mindless drivel they have for cartoons now. My mind still aches from the 10 minutes I watched of the new Transformers cartoon. I used to watch it way back when it had some intelligence in it. I had recently seen the first movie and was flipping through channels and saw it listed. It was only horrified fascination that kept me watching it that long. I still get the willies thinking about it.

I remember when growing up with the Bugs Bunny & Road Runner show how the adults claimed it was too violent. But I'll take that over the #*$% on TV now any day. My all time favorites will always be the Road Runner vs. Coyote cartoons. Can't get much better than that. Anyone see the parody they did of those on an episode of Farscape? I never laughed so hard at a TV show ever! Literally laughed until it hurt to laugh anymore. Good stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by rizo/nawkia View Post
    ...but just everything was awesome spiderman, gargolyles , DBZ/GT/DB,sailor moon, FMA , Bleach and Especially ONE piece an Fairy tail
    Yay! Gargoyles! That was the first cartoon series that I started to watch regularly (and my foray into "fandom"). What did I like? Content for "older kids": complex characters, intricate plots, and just a little bit of harsh reality. (see: Deadly Force)

The shows I (try to) watch regularly are few and far between these days. My DVR is begging for action, but, nothing really catches my attention. Yeah, there are a few "live action" shows I'll watch, but as far as animation goes, I've been mostly watching DVDs and fansubs -- you know, the ones that aren't sanitized to American standards.
    You can get anything you want in life -- just make a lot of noise and bite the right people.

I really wish cartoons would go back to being cartoons. You know the slapstick jokes and anvils and just plain fun. Im tired of all these boring it has to be educational blah blah blah cartoons.

What? Oh, right. I don't watch TV anymore. There's no point to it.

* snuffles curiously*
    [Visit The Order Underground]

I'm pretty much on the verge of shutting out TV all together. You're right Cal, there's really no point to it anymore. It's all a big steaming pile of crap. And yet I still find myself flipping through the channels. :/

I haven't had any sort of TV service (cable, satellite, etc) in over 2 years now. I don't miss it at all!

Big crunchy ancient dragoness of Order

i rember back when i was a littel i ues to "get home from school . get coookies and milk and wick all kinad of carttons ""baer with me on spelling ""

Drakwingduck . bear tailes . to name a few "that i rember XP ..
    Now a days cartoons are Far from what they ues to be .

the only true cartoon the i do wach
    inuasha bleach and a few more that i dont rember the names . but thow are on lat at night away from the littel eyes and ears

And yes i rember Tonami when it frist aired from the .. blue man to the ... aline thing in the sub .. they did have grat shows . from he-man to salermoon''i think" and cieborg 009 . and the stromhawks . one of the batter shows that i liked

but most of the reson the it has changed is ...kides Not know what is realy and what is not and mom's and dads not teling what is and what is not .

heh i did post the other half:P dont wish to typ it agin .
    it all come down to parents not whant there kids to cry to be made at them in changing the tv or "blocking that show" . (no mom nor dad can ever rase and kide with out a few bumps along the way. )
    http://staronlightwing.deviantart.com/
    Hellenia hord 95869756, lv's 100.100.63 Staron hord 151402610 lv's 100.100.83 Josanna hord 2275812 lv's 100.100.87 Figes hord 126074906 lv's 57.34.00

I feel like I've missed something. Ah well...at least documentaries haven't gone to the dogs! > But I'm agreeing on the cartoon front...why DO they remove the better shows? If I see another batch of copy-paste drivel with the drawing skill of a dead dog I swear, the TV is getting maced (and so am I, when dad finds out.) Although...flame me for this, but, I kinda like Ben 10 :V Not the Alien Force rubbish, though.

I'm with Callak... heh, the only thing I use my TV for is my PS3 and some movies I'd play in it.

Ri'ta'ra'thi Is'mi'nei: Season 100 ADV/100 CRA/100 BLK(former)/100 LSH/ 1.11 BILLION hoard
    Kytitia Pyrrithia: Unparalleled Rating 212 Saris Sorceror, Rating 234 Crafter

Thread Information