Thread: What's going on about plots...

Default What's going on about plots...

Hello,

first of all we would like to apologize for the second time for all the troubles caused by the plots auctions.

In all honesty this is exactly what happened:

- Two communities were not included in the files that we applied today, therefore players were able to buy plots
    - We had to take Unity down to force the sale of all the plots in order to restart auctions properlu
    - During the reboot couple of hundreds plots automatically got set to ?For Sale? status
    - We tried forcing everything to auction status once again with another reboot, but still they?re automatically reset as soon as the shard goes live
    - We can force a sale status change only when the shard is not running therefore once they?re automatically changed to ?For Sale? there?s nothing we can do
    - We are now basically stuck in an endless loop because of this problem

At this point we need the database developers from Artifact Entertainment to look into the issue in order to have a proper fix for this situation.

We advise you to NOT buy any plot put for sale as they?re not actually for sale (but you should well know that) in order to avoid any possible future issue for your characters.

The bid system shouldn?t be affected and the existing bids will remain, the only problem will be that on 254 plots it is currently not possible to place a bid. We hope to address this situation within the next 24 hours once and for all as soon as we receive a working fix.

Thanks for your understanding.

Unity will be online again in a few minutes.

Take care,
    Luca

Morenth

Default Re: What's going on about plots...

Thx for the info Luca, and for all the work you do [Y]

SmallFluffyBunny

[<:o)] Bet that fix will need a reboot ;) [<:o)]

oki doki

thanks luca

hope to see the auctions finished soon so everyone can buy a plot =)

Wailmer

can you please teel us something on the event and the rop too is greatly apreciated

May the people who bought plots just lose their cash, after all they are supposed to know they aint for sale :p
    Hope we can play for the rest of the day with out another reboot
    Ishar Xhaan => Ishar_Wind Xhaan => Imrryr Xhaan Lunus Destroyer
    and his biped slave KalTorak XhaanSlave Ice Disciple
    == Ancient Order Of Istarian Knights ==

How on Earth is this possible after all the plot debacles on the NA servers? Can someone with atleast more then 2 braincells try and explain this to me ?

Morenth

I can't Ari, I'm sorry : I have only 2 braincells ... one connected to my stomach, and one connected to my ...ermm... well you see where [:D]

Bed we get a down time soon AGAIN!!

ty for update

BTW: Unity is on
    Onnidrah: Half Gaint - Retired
    Warrior: 100 Cleric: 100 Mage: 100 Spiritist 100
    Armourer: 62

Unity [Formerer ICE]
    Old Beta Player
    Tazoon irc: IRC

Cheers Luca for an expanation of where we find ourselves.

It seems such a ******** shame you are so dependent upon AE for help and advice when all goes wrong. Hopefully they will support you fast and this muddle can be sorted out.

Any chance you might like to tell us exactly how many players have plot tokens to helpus decide whether to forfeitour chance atour own plot for a real gamble on a new one. There was a nice list on Tazoon that said the numbers and values of the tokens and it was supplied, I believe, by an AE dev. So that list would be very useful if they could quickly fax a copy to you. Well I can hope can't I???

Rainbow

Quote Originally Posted by Rainbow
    Cheers Luca for an expanation of where we find ourselves.

It seems such a ******** shame you are so dependent upon AE for help and advice when all goes wrong. Hopefully they will support you fast and this muddle can be sorted out.

Any chance you might like to tell us exactly how many players have plot tokens to helpus decide whether to forfeitour chance atour own plot for a real gamble on a new one. There was a nice list on Tazoon that said the numbers and values of the tokens and it was supplied, I believe, by an AE dev. So that list would be very useful if they could quickly fax a copy to you. Well I can hope can't I???

Rainbow

Yeah that would be nice, alot of peeps would like to have a better idea of what chances they have for bids on certain plots are!

Eigohr

great thx Luca !

trollkind

I bet it's a date issue where the auctions look at the time/date when they go live and realize they should already have ended, see they don't have a winning bidder and set themselves to sale. No wait, that doesn't make sense with the few bids already made, hmm, maybe because those bids were made already after the (wrong) end time of the auctions.
    Or something is just set on readonly or something is forcing a backup to overwrite the modified data.
    Hopefully you can work it out THIS time.

Ps: Cylian said I would get my money back, still waiting for that...

It seems that finally the real issue has been found (it involved structures rebuilding as they were affecting plots status, especially bridges), we should receive a fix for it very soon.

Thanks for your patience.

We just recevied the needed hotfix and we will apply it as soon as possible (more likely later during the nightto avoid having a downtime during prime time).

Fed Apocalypse

plz warned ingamemore than 5 min

Thread Information