Thread: question about launcher (and .NET)

Default question about launcher (and .NET)

Hey all, I plan on coming back to Istaria for the summer (and maybe during school days if I find the time to), I heard about the new launcher and such, so I updated and was told that I needed .NET version 2.6--- My question is, if I install the latest version, which I think is 3.0 or 3.5, will it work correctly? I don't want to screw up my launcher
    BlueFire Mertandel, angel of the blue mist

Default Re: question about launcher (and .NET)

I want to say I read here on the boards that said 3.0 had the correct .net that was needed. So I would guess 3.5 also has it.

Thanks for your answer Just wanted to make sure because the old launcher used .net framework 1.1 (I think) and when I installed the latest version on another computer, the launcher would not work because the latest .net did not support its 1.1 version

Correct - old launcher used v1.1 of .NET Framework. New launcher uses v2.0 of .NET Framework.

v2.0 of .NET Framework is the "engine", and v3.0 and v3.5 build on top of that. So really, v3.0/v3.5 of .NET = v2.0 of .NET with "extra stuff".

Summary - install v3.0 or v3.5 and launcher should work fine

I have both version 2.0 and 3.0 installed and the same thing keeps happeneing. It says Istaria has loaded successfully but the game itself never launhces.

yeah many people have this issue... I don't know why it does this, never did to me, even if my firewall tries to block the game

Thread Information