Thread: issues patching?

Default issues patching?

I'm trying to log in at the moment, I've downloaded the newest launcher (as I've had to do the last couple of patches).

The launcher gets past character select (so I'm assuming the servers are back up?) and hangs on "waiting for downloads to finish"

Data downloaded 0/2980kb files 0/6

I am pretty sure it's not just a slow connection as I've restarted the patcher 4 times now, and the last time, I left it to run for a full half hour!

I will raise a support ticket if I can find the support site (! - support.istaria.com says it's down for maintenance?) but wondered if anyone else had any ideas?

I'm on Windows XP, and have been running Istaria for many years without issue...
    Bobda Bilda (Chaos) - www.hzconfectioner.org.uk
    http://www.painefreecrafts.com - what takes up most of my spare time now..

Default Re: issues patching?

Put the flags for full patch and multithreaded on in the patcher options and try that way (thats what i did earlier).
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

no change. It's the launcher.exe.auc file it's failing on every time :/

I've tried all the options I think now.

*goes back to playing Sims 3 interspersed with Spore Galactic Adventures, while pining for her little gnome confectioner*
    Last edited by Arietna; July 14th, 2009 at 09:05 PM.

Mine hasn't worked all day either - I just selected full scan, and I'm up and running

launcher.exe.auc.... does the file even exist? >.>

unfortunately I'm still having the same problem today. I've managed to raise a ticket on the support site though.

Seems Bobda won't be back in Istaria for a bit.

i love the quick responses to tickets

I have a workaround (to skip patching) until they find out what the problem affecting quite a few people is.

Managed to log in (briefly, to test, before bed).. so I'll be back!

welcome back Arietna Have fun
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

This still waiting to be fixed? Just installed today from download and having the freezing after downloading istaria.exe.auc. Trying the patch skipping...
    Conodar Banestorm (Human)
    24 Shaman, 34 Spellcrafter/12 Blacksmith

wb Threxx, unfortunately, yes this is still an issue.

I'm having this problem too. I couldn't get past the 'waiting for downloads to finish' part of the patcher no matter if I had multithreaded, full scan, clear world cache, etc. "on" or "off".

The only way I can get in is if I turn patching off (skip patching).
    Should I submit a ticket? I would hate to swamp them if they already know it's an issue.

Big crunchy ancient dragoness of Order

again I have the same prob too
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

i had this happen last night as well, first time for me, skipping patching allowed me in, but i had lots of trouble moving around.
    "Knowing others is intelligence,knowing yourself is true wisdom.
    Mastering others is strength,Mastering yourself is true power"
    by Lao-Tzu

Couple things I did that allowed me to patch and get in last night (NOTE: I'm running Vista SP2):

- I moved all Istaria game files outside the Program Files folder (i.e. went from C:\Program Files\Istaria to C:\Istaria). This should only be a factor in Vista. XP doesn't lock down the Program Files folder the way Vista does.

- On the properties for the shortcut, I checked the options "Run in compatibility mode:" and selected Windows XP Service Pack 2 in the dropdown. Also, I checked "Run as administrator"

This circumvented the problem partially. I noticed that the file would copy properly and continue IF the patcher was still scanning. If it was not scanning (read: Waiting for downloads to finish) then it would freeze when a file finished downloading.

This essentially allowed me to "brute force" the patch through multiple attempts (I'd get 1 or 2 files every attempt to run). Hope this helps give the devs some focus on where to resolve this issue!

Edit: Also, skipping the patcher does not work if you are creating a character. You'll get an error for "Invalid biote number" and Istaria will crash.

Edit 2: Wow, just saw my join date... it's been two years since I last tried the game and left. My how time flies (and things change, judging from last night!)
    Conodar Banestorm (Human)
    24 Shaman, 34 Spellcrafter/12 Blacksmith

i still have one(older)pc that will not patch latest patch
    i am assuming a fix will happen in time..i just log in with out patching on that pc
    All alone in the dark

Chaos..Morrtoc
    Unity..Brainbasher(MorrBasher on Chaos)

Please see this page for an update on resolving issues where the patcher stalls while downloading:
    http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...d.php?p=229632

Amarie

Quote Originally Posted by Amarië AncalÃ**mon View Post
    Please see this page for an update on resolving issues where the patcher stalls while downloading:
    http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...d.php?p=229632

Amarie
    I would like to know whether or not these fixes are supposed to apply to pre SP2 versions of .net 2.0.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarog View Post
    I would like to know whether or not these fixes are supposed to apply to pre SP2 versions of .net 2.0.
    The post says to file a support ticket if you still have problems with the patcher. What did the support folks say?

Just a note (I had to ask a computer expert friend of mine so I could figure out what was what here), if you are confused about what patch to apply, the x64 patch is for 64 bit systems and x86 is your standard 32 bit thing.

Thread Information