Thread: Frosty Maelstrom

Question Frosty Maelstrom

Could someone please fill me in on what this is and how to obtain it?
    In advance, thank you very much

EDIT: ok scratch that, so I talk to Eilen in the mage tower....
    now to find the mage tower

(should really search before opening my cute little dryad mouth)

AND now to search for Volcano too
    Last edited by hallucin8; July 14th, 2009 at 10:24 PM.
    --- iuvenilis --- [Officer of The Alliance]
    Demonslaying since July 2004

Default Re: Frosty Maelstrom

new ice spell?
    Cauri BloodBane - Order
    100 DADV / 100 D C R A

Would guess it is the Epic Ice spell.

Nothing epic with it, I'm sorry.

It was part of the 2009/02/24 Live Patch:

- Quest "Assist Eilen the Mage with her Icy research" now gives a new spell, "Frosty Maelstrom", when completed. - For those who have already completed the quest, Eilen will give you the spell directly.
    Firebrandcrest Arma: Ancient Helian Dragon | Dragon 100 / Dragon Crafter 100 / Dragon Lairshaper 100 / Dragon Crystalshaper 100 (Order) | My MODs: Zexoin's and Firebrand's Sound Emotes Pack v2.5.4.0, Alternate Dragon Bolt Casting v1.4, Old Istarian Ambiance v1.0.8.

Ah ok. Oh well was hoping it was something nicer but I am sure more Ice spells was needed. /9->

Do you happen to know what schools can take the quest?
    I'd rather do it as conj than mage, only cause of their damage shield really :P Thanks to all for the help, and the nice screeny... bit a pitty really, but atlest its only 2 min timer

how does the damage on that compare to ice bomb?
    Cauri BloodBane - Order
    100 DADV / 100 D C R A

Quote Originally Posted by hallucin8 View Post
    Do you happen to know what schools can take the quest?
    I'd rather do it as conj than mage, only cause of their damage shield really :P Thanks to all for the help, and the nice screeny... bit a pitty really, but atlest its only 2 min timer
    I think you just need a school, a level and Ice skill that fit the spell requirements. I did it as lvl 100 Mage, but I'm pretty sure you can do it as Conjurer.

Ice Bomb IV (unteched) deals 60 - 72 ice. Ice Bomb V deals 82 - 97 ice. I guess this spell is near Ice Bomb IV damages. I have not tested it much though, I did the quest mostly for fun and to see the nice spell effect.
    Firebrandcrest Arma: Ancient Helian Dragon | Dragon 100 / Dragon Crafter 100 / Dragon Lairshaper 100 / Dragon Crystalshaper 100 (Order) | My MODs: Zexoin's and Firebrand's Sound Emotes Pack v2.5.4.0, Alternate Dragon Bolt Casting v1.4, Old Istarian Ambiance v1.0.8.

Cool *** spoler alert ****

Well i've got it now, only took about an hour or so though, quite quick I thought. Haven't had a chance to use it yet, but looking forward to giving it a shot.

*** Spolier ***

For anyone who wants to a quick run down of the quest, it's all pretty straight forward and simple:

Run to the mage tower NW of of Morning Light, speak to Eilen.

She actually has 2 quests, but the one for the spell is about helping her with her research. The other one is for geting tokens to buy the Ice Bolt forms from her (or so i'm told).

You then have to go outside the mage tower to the Icy Dire Wolves(?) lvl 80+ I believe. Watch out for the Alpha's and ofcourse the named (Skaar, i think).

Keeping killing and looting until you get 10 Icy Bones, take them back to Eilen, and then she'll send you to Kirasanct to talk to the Mage trainer, he'll process them into marrow for you. A bit of chat to him, and then some waiting, and then another chat and some waiting, and you'll be heading back out to Eilen and then you've got the spell, congratulations.

I did it as conjurer, Glaring Quills made short work of them, ended up pulling 2 groups at once by mistake, and even had the stoopid named in it, lots of running around healing, but got there in the end. FIRE DAMAGE IS YOUR FRIEND Good luck and happy hunting

Thread Information