Thread: Istaria Wikipedia Entry

Default Istaria Wikipedia Entry

I had posted in another thread, but it was offtopic, so I'm moving it here:
    Quote Originally Posted by gopher65 View Post
    Velea, could you guys make sure to post about these things on the News page? Sending out private emails and making forum posts about these things means that this information cannot be added to Wikipedia. Therefore, as far as anyone who uses Wikipedia is concerned, Istaria will not run on their Vista/Win7 machines.

And it will have to stay that way until either 1) a press release is issued, or 2) news is posted on the website.

I'd also ask for someone to put together either a press release or a news post (not a *forum* announcement, mind you. Those are useless) on the Dralnok's Doom content update/mini-expansion (whichever you are calling it).

Thanks.
    I've reworked the HZ Wikipedia entry as much as I can without additional sources and image resources.

In order to make the article more complete, I need two things:

1) What is mentioned in the post above. Non-forum, non-email, non-patcher sources of information for things like Vista compatibility.

2) I don't want to go through all the fuss (and it is a royal pain) of trying to get a copyrighted image onto Wikimedia Commons (where Wikipedia and other Wikimedia wikis store their files, such as images), so I need some screenshots of Istaria released into the public domain. Just putting them on your website with a note below them saying that they're public domain publicity shots would be all that is needed. Make sure you choose good shots though:P.

3) Third on my list of 2 things that I'd like to point out: I'd ask the Community Manager this directly, but unfortunately their forum PMs seem to be turned off, and they don't seem to have an email account. This makes them of limited utility for me, since I have no way to contact them.
    Last edited by gopher65; July 15th, 2009 at 01:28 AM.

Thread Information