Thread: Considering coming back...

Default Considering coming back...

Hi all! Old dragon crafter missing flying the skies of Istaria.... I'm considering coming back for a month but I'm wondering... (Been gone since April 2008)

1.) How's the plot situation? I almost had my T6 Grand chamber done, which means my bank is *FULL* of way too many novians, and I remember enough about the game to know I need my bank back Any lairs big enough worth having left on Chaos?

2.) I also remember how long it took just to get that far, and my hand hovers AWAY from the rejoin button, lol. Has the slooooooow grind improved at all? Or is dragon crafting still about slow-as-possible?

3.) And, being a dragon, what's the state of dragons nowadays? Any new/improved quests? Any nerfs/enhancements I should know about?

Thanks in advance...

Vermithrax - Chaos
    Vermithraxx Draconis, Spirit Shard 12/29/03, 1st Helian Adult 03/17/04 [Retired]
    Vermithraxis Draconis, Chaos Shard 06/28/07, Lunus Adult 07/18/07, 100/100/100 09/03/07
    Biped: HLR 100/SPRD 45/CNJ 44/MIN 100/TNK 100/ARM 100/SPL 100/WPN 90/JWL 100/OUT 69/BLK 58/GTH 76/ENC 53...

Default Re: Considering coming back...

Quote Originally Posted by Vermithraxx
    Hi all! Old dragon crafter missing flying the skies of Istaria.... I'm considering coming back for a month but I'm wondering... (Been gone since April 2008)
    Hello Verm, good to see that you're ok, more than a couple people were worried about you.

1.) How's the plot situation? I almost had my T6 Grand chamber done, which means my bank is *FULL* of way too many novians, and I remember enough about the game to know I need my bank back Any lairs big enough worth having left on Chaos?
    Your lair got reclaimed/purchased @ auctions, prior to novians reverting back to the owner so I doubt that you have novians from your lair. The lair was quite bugged and didn't quite ever get fixed as far as I know, so I believe it's up for sale (but whether or not you'll be able to work it or not I don't know).

2.) I also remember how long it took just to get that far, and my hand hovers AWAY from the rejoin button, lol. Has the slooooooow grind improved at all? Or is dragon crafting still about slow-as-possible?
    Cargo disks are faster, all dragon lairshaping T6 materials are in game. No transmuting t5 gems or buying up t6 bonus gems required.

3.) And, being a dragon, what's the state of dragons nowadays? Any new/improved quests? Any nerfs/enhancements I should know about?
    New dragon quests (5 T&C/Primal/Dragon Gift) prior to this new content rollout; several more with the new content (dragon specific I mean). As for nerfs, that's pretty much going on all the time in some fashion. Question is do the nerfs outweigh the improvements and does that apply to all classes or just some.
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster
    I'm gonna post in this one too!

Quote Originally Posted by Creme View Post
    Cargo disks are faster, all dragon lairshaping T6 materials are in game. No transmuting t5 gems or buying up t6 bonus gems required.
    Tricuts now require one of each gem instead of two!

Adamantium bars were streamlined so they are now 2:3 instead of 3:3

There was one other major crafting change too but I can't remember it.

Novians, should you have any (I hope you do!) are now zero bulk, so you will have your bank space regardless.

Heya Creme, good to BE around, tho I don't honestly remember which layer of hell I was dealing with back in 2008, heh.

Ok, so possibly no Novians, so I have to decide whether its worth starting over from scratch. When you say the lair was bugged, do you mean my old one back in the Istarian backwaters of Heart?

Which reminds me, did they ever fix the issue with having tons of biped plots and nobody wanting them because they were too small? Did those plots ever get re-shaped/combined?

And, if I do come back, IS there a good sized dragon lair for sale? (Of course, now that I think back to my databases, plenty of lairs of the same size existed, just were all owned.)

"several more with the new content (dragon specific I mean)"... Is there a new content rollout coming soon? If so, when?

And thanks to everybody for the crafting change details Good to know T6 finally made it into the game after all these years, heheh. I assume we're still at T6? (i.e. Did they add T7?)
    Vermithraxx Draconis, Spirit Shard 12/29/03, 1st Helian Adult 03/17/04 [Retired]
    Vermithraxis Draconis, Chaos Shard 06/28/07, Lunus Adult 07/18/07, 100/100/100 09/03/07
    Biped: HLR 100/SPRD 45/CNJ 44/MIN 100/TNK 100/ARM 100/SPL 100/WPN 90/JWL 100/OUT 69/BLK 58/GTH 76/ENC 53...

Ok, so possibly no Novians, so I have to decide whether its worth starting over from scratch. When you say the lair was bugged, do you mean my old one back in the Istarian backwaters of Heart?
    Yep, it got "moved" into a new community and then your old T6 structures on it were unavailable. The new owner couldn't interact with them and couldn't decon them...I think VI had to give him novians for it and demolished the lair because it was so broken.

Which reminds me, did they ever fix the issue with having tons of biped plots and nobody wanting them because they were too small? Did those plots ever get re-shaped/combined?
    A lot have been resized but there are still a lot of 40x40 and 40x50s around.

[quote[And, if I do come back, IS there a good sized dragon lair for sale? (Of course, now that I think back to my databases, plenty of lairs of the same size existed, just were all owned.) [/quote]
    Many lairs available.

"several more with the new content (dragon specific I mean)"... Is there a new content rollout coming soon? If so, when?
    Just put in @ end of June.

And thanks to everybody for the crafting change details Good to know T6 finally made it into the game after all these years, heheh. I assume we're still at T6? (i.e. Did they add T7?)
    No T7, and only T6 construction/resources + 1 admantium cooking knife so far. Oh, and admantium keys (tinkerer).

Several plots were recombined/redrawn. Decent lairs should be pretty easy to find, it's a matter of proximity to portals that may be harder to sort offhand. And yes, the dralnok's doom content (recently released) has quite a bit of interesting stuff, some of it dragon-specific, most of it geared towards higher-end players. Short-version of dragon perks - new techs, new breath weapon, new quest/spell line, new spells. Drop by, if nothing else, we can go over the details and you can play around with some of the new toys we get, see how things have changed up close.
    Last edited by Archangelico; July 19th, 2009 at 12:43 AM.
    ~Without death, life is meaningless. Without evil, good is naught but arrogance. Without balance, nothing is complete.~
    Archangelis Draconis: 100|100|100 Ancient Dragon, 26.8M Hoard GM of Venatoris Tenebrae (Chaos)

Heh, I'm logged in right now, running around as a hatchling... my old, old acct somehow qualified for a free subscription (demo), but it also let me make a hatchling.

Looking at my lair.... yep, same as it ever was, nice to see all the buildings still exist. "Temporarily Unavailable" for purchase, lol. Looks like they may have done some terraforming in the area, that East wall is unstable as ever. Only thing I could ever fit into Level 0 - East were libraries since they didn't follow the object collision rules.

Personally, I considered all those ghost doorways as "Emergency Escape Hatches" =D. Need to get topside it a hurry? *POP*.

I can see where that might have given other users problems... . I wonder if the GMs would let me buy it back so I could nuke it for novians and start over .

Arch: Soon as I remember how to send private msgs in game, I'll send you one when I see you online I'm still ghosting the night shift, only 15 peeps in the Dragon channel atm, heh.

Quick update:

Filed a ticket asking if I could get my lair back since it still existed and was intact

Which reminds me of another important question.... do they still do reclaims? If I come back and spend another 1000+ hours (ugh) building a lair, what are the chances of it going away?
    Last edited by Velea; July 22nd, 2009 at 11:49 PM.

Yes the reclaim script is up and running again. So as long as you stay subbed your safe.

Heya, welcome back. I hope you decide to stay. You don't know me but I can remember seeing you playing a long time ago. For some reason I always remembered your name, plus I think you were one of the first big dragons I saw. Alot has changed in Istaria and I'm having a blast playing it again. Just wanted to say welcome back. I hope you enjoy your stay.

ty medweasel

Creme: I've been talking to the GMs, and, well, all the contents from my lair seem to have vanished from the database without a trace.

Help me out on the timeline... My old lair got put up for sale while intact and somebody bought it... When they bought it, far as you know, were any of my old items in the T4 Hall? (Specifically, I'm trying to determine the fate of 40+ crafting scales.)

If the answer is yes, that's fine, I'm glad SOMEbody got them... as it is, they may have disappeared in a database glitch, I'd just like to know which it is, heh.

btw, postscript... lol

Arch, if you see this, I haven't given up on getting the scales back yet... instead, my computer died. Seems the Southbridge on my motherboard decided to die a fiery death, parts are on order, I'll be back in the game soon as I can resurrect.

(I managed to pull this 1994 64-meg laptop out of the closet to make this post... took 15 minutes <snicker>)

Hello Vermithraxx,

Your old lair got reclaimed and was auctioned in the October 2008 auctions (around the 15th). I don't know if anything in your lair was accessible. The lair got rezoned into another community and was bugged when I saw it. From my understanding, the player that bought it was unable to decon (some or all of it) for novians because he couldn't interact with some of the structures inside it. I don't know whether or not he was able to get your scales out of the hall or not. I'll give you more details on it next time I see you in game.
    Help me out on the timeline... My old lair got put up for sale while intact and somebody bought it... When they bought it, far as you know, were any of my old items in the T4 Hall? (Specifically, I'm trying to determine the fate of 40+ crafting scales.)

If the answer is yes, that's fine, I'm glad SOMEbody got them... as it is, they may have disappeared in a database glitch, I'd just like to know which it is, heh.

Hi Vermithraxx,

I'm the one bought your lair though it wasn't at auction. After I bought it, it showed me as the owner (on website) but when I tried to do anything with it (even renaming it) would tell me I wasn't the owner, also wouldn't allow me to add anything or decon anything cause said along with not being the owner, it was not in a community or somthing like that. If you look for a post about problem with lair in cauldrons edge, you can see what all was going with it if interested. On top of that had broken connectivity to some chambers.

I could continue building what was unfinished though, and while I spent about 3 months with the devs trying to get it fixed I finished the Grand Hall Christmas eve. If I remember right it was about 70% done when I got it. Thankfully all the high end stuff was done and I was able to finish the low end stuff.

After about 3 months of them trying to fix it they finally gave up and gave me novians for what was there and I relocated. I was able to buy a lair in Bristigo (which also ended up being bugged but thats another story and finally got it fixed) and rebuilt the Grand Hall there, though I did built it as Helian themed as I am. Somehow either didn't get quite all the novians or used them (more likely) on other chambers cause I had to do another 20% to finish it again. Thankfully though again just the low end stuff.

Concerning what was in storage I really don't remember much but I'm a pack rat and rarely delete/throw away anything. I have given a few scales to others but not sure if was ones your talking about or not. Look me up in game and if anything you had stored I still have, your more then welcome to them.

Smaug
    Last edited by Smaug; August 12th, 2009 at 02:31 AM.

Thread Information