Thread: Will my old Dragon be gimped? Should I start over? -been a long time.

Post Will my old Dragon be gimped? Should I start over? -been a long time.

Hello again everyone. I really miss my old Dragon Craw who's only lv. 26 but I still did a lot of work to get there and would love to play him but so much has changed since I've been gone and I don't know if he'll be weaker than If I started a new dragon.

Basically I quit playing right when Tulga sold to EI (The company that should not be named), my dragon didn't even have a claw, I don't think they had them back then and I was still bound in New Brommel, hehehe. That used to be the "main starting area" and now there's not even any consigners there : (

Will my dragon be able to just be picked up from where I left him or will he essentially be behind a newer dragon of the same level that started this month? I figured I could go back and do any of the new stuff I missed but I don't know about stats. Would they still be the same or do characters gain more now? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks everyone.

Default Re: Will my old Dragon be gimped? Should I start over? -been a long time.

He should be fine. You should be able to go back to the Dragon starter Island and do all the quest there if you like. Also go back to New Tris and Kion and do all the quest there. That should let you relearn the game and get you some experience and such to help. I am sure also if you ask around in market some one can make you a claw. I think if you check the trainers they sale a lot of forums so that might be an option as well.

Basically I think the hardest problem will be relearning how to fight with him is the only problem you will most likely have.

Default Re: Will my old Dragon be gimped? Should I start over? -been a long time.

Aye *nods to deth's answers* as to your last question - no there are no stat or playable or well any differences between your dragon and a newly created one. You're not "behind" outside of maybe needing to tweak a few items/replace them with new things and going back and grabbing quests in areas that have been improved upon as Deth said.

But no, no stat differences!
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Smile Re: Will my old Dragon be gimped? Should I start over? -been a long time.

Cool thanks so much that was what I was hoping for. I did notice he felt a bit weak but that could be from my lack of experience with playing him in a long time. It does kinda freak me out that my lv. 8 warrior can hit for 20 to 30 depending on the ability he uses while my dragon usually hits for 40 or so - that's just his normal attack, no abilities used. Is that normal? I might need to redo some of his stats. I did notice I spread the points out alot when I was doing him instead of concentrating on health, teeth and claw.

Anyway, thanks everyone. I really appreciate it.

Medweasel,

There are three main training point patterns that most dragons use at lower levels:
    * Melee Dragon: Tooth & Claw, Strength
    * Primal Dragon: Primal, Power
    * Balanced: Tooth & Claw, Primal

As dragons get up to about level 80, they usually start experimenting with adding in armor, health, or evasion, but not necessarily. The greatest benefit is usually found by investing training points in things that only cost 3 points each and using techniques on scales to augment the others.

The first two are capable of more damage, with melee dragons out-damaging primal dragons because there is no primal version of gold rage. However, as the devs are implementing new content (Dralnok's Doom) and revamping the different lower level areas, we are seeing more mobs with effective resistances (particularly to slash in Dralnok's Doom) so I've decided to keep going with my "undecided" balanced dragon template all the way so I can be effective no matter what situation I face.
    Last edited by Oakleif; July 21st, 2009 at 11:54 AM. Reason: Added last paragraph with my personal opinions
    Exploring is a necessary skill, and its not like death is fatal. At least, not for the gifted.

Quote Originally Posted by medweasel View Post
    Cool thanks so much that was what I was hoping for. I did notice he felt a bit weak but that could be from my lack of experience with playing him in a long time. It does kinda freak me out that my lv. 8 warrior can hit for 20 to 30 depending on the ability he uses while my dragon usually hits for 40 or so - that's just his normal attack, no abilities used. Is that normal? I might need to redo some of his stats. I did notice I spread the points out alot when I was doing him instead of concentrating on health, teeth and claw.

Anyway, thanks everyone. I really appreciate it.

Also it should be noted that different mobs have different weaknesses and resistances..

Dragons are typically going to do slash damage .. this will help them against some foes but hinder them against others. Different characters may be doing fire/ice/nature/spirit... damage and may fare better against the same foe.

And don't ever forget..

You're a hatchling. You're a BABY dragon. Its by design that you are weaker than your same level biped counterparts - cuz you're a baby-waby...
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

And keep in mind that even at being a hatchling, Tagath at a 65 adventure class is able to solo a level 99 Massive Yew Treant in one-on-one combat.

(level 95 crafting and associated tier 5 scales included).
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Quote Originally Posted by Oakleif View Post
    Medweasel,

There are three main training point patterns that most dragons use at lower levels:
    * Melee Dragon: Tooth & Claw, Strength
    * Primal Dragon: Primal, Power
    * Balanced: Tooth & Claw, Primal

As dragons get up to about level 80, they usually start experimenting with adding in armor, health, or evasion, but not necessarily. The greatest benefit is usually found by investing training points in things that only cost 3 points each and using techniques on scales to augment the others.

The first two are capable of more damage, with melee dragons out-damaging primal dragons because there is no primal version of gold rage. However, as the devs are implementing new content (Dralnok's Doom) and revamping the different lower level areas, we are seeing more mobs with effective resistances (particularly to slash in Dralnok's Doom) so I've decided to keep going with my "undecided" balanced dragon template all the way so I can be effective no matter what situation I face.

Cool, I was always wondering about all of this. This will help immensely. I have been putting pts into health, primal, tooth and claw and strength. I only put a pt or two into str every few levels. I had alot of pts into either evasion or magic evasion which I took out and added to health. It only added up to like 8 or so pts in evasion but gave me over a hundred health. At lv. 29 700 or so health seems so low. I've seen alot of lower lv. bipeds who have me way beat out but they also get alot of slots for armor whereas I don't. Plus I am a hatchling. I can't fly but I like to pretend I can while gliding off of big hills.

Thread Information