Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unlocking Tier VI?

Default Unlocking Tier VI?

Good day everyone,

I posted this to Order Underground but I thought It might be worth sharing on the forums. I wasn't sure where to post it so I posted it here. There may be further comments on Order Underground as well.

I would like to share some thoughts on somethings I have noticed in Istaria lately and the conclusions that I have drawn from them. Even before the changes to the confectioner school there were some very vague hints that the level cap may be increased. Before I go into these items I would like to state that one of Virtirum’s staff denies that this is the case. It is however logical that Virtrium would officially take this stance until they are sure they can successfully implement everything necessary to make tier VI adventuring and crafting possible yet remain a challenge.

Here is what I have noticed:

• Addition of tier VI nodes for resources through out Istaria where previously only bonus resources existed for it. Tier VI porcelain used to be a bonus item when it wasn’t used anywhere will have nodes available.
    • Tier VI technique resources listing which techniques they can be used for have existed as long as tier VI creatures have existed.
    • A master level tool can be crafted by those with the skill to do so… the cooking knife.
    • Master level cooking has been available since the confectioner revamp.
    • Tier VI backpacks do exists for those lucky enough to have one.
    • Master level resource forms have long been in the game. What exactly are cut Diamonds, Sapphires, and Rubies used for?
    • Master spell forms and spell shard forms exist. These new spells have a casting requirement over level 100 meaning no one can currently cast them. When the development team was asked about it, they state that these spells are working as intended and have been added for completeness.
    • Master level potions, same as the spells above.
    • The removal of Nadia. Think about it, Nadia used to sell tier VI resource components in addition to all lower tiers. If tier VI was to be unlocked, what better way to stimulate the economy at the same time as making tier VI a challenge.
    • The existence of regular, non-epic, non-quest, creatures that are tier VII (i.e. above level 120) such as the Mylocs in Dralnok’s Doom.

It is my belief, considering the above points, that Virtrium might be silently testing tier VI to decide if it would be feasible to implement it. Whether or not this is the case will remain unknown until Virtrium makes an official statement. Should anyone have any further observations that support or contradict these observations, or have an alternate explanation for these items I welcome you to share them here or at Order Underground.

I look forward to your opinions,

Default Re: Unlocking Tier VI?

Here's what I don't get about this post, Tsargoth. Right in it you mentioned that "one of Virtrium's staff" (happened to have been Amon, the Lead Designer for Istaria), said that there are no plans to increase the level cap. Yet you then say "Whether or not this is the case will remain unknown until Virtrium makes an official statement".

*boggles*

An interesting response, but neatly avoids addressing the points at hand.
    TIGRIS EUPHRATES and TEKKA RUNECLAW. Istarian Veteran, The Original Order Shard Herald, Herald of the Spirit Shard. Storm Disciple, Flame Disciple, Spirit Disciple, Ice Disciple, Monk, Ranger, Healer, Druid, Spiritist. Grand Master Biped Crafter.

Its not something ive ever given much thought to, other than i always figured since several of the mechanics clearly exist, that if horizons ever lived long enough thats its something that would naturally evolve over time.

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

I think I have to agree with Teto on this one. As Istaria continues to survive long past the expectations of others, it will be inevitable that a level cap will have to be raised for the elder players to remain while new players are introduced along the way. It would be another way of proving that Istaria is a successful, albeit small, game with a growing membership.

The fact that Amon has stated it's not being worked on (I'll insert "now") hardly covers that it would never be raised. As the years have shown, Istaria has a unique survivability that boggles even some stalwart gaming critics out there. Personally, I'd take it as a detriment to Istaria to say that level 100 is all one can ever reach. For Istaria to grow as a game, eventually the level cap would need to be raised, even if only in incremental units (from 100 to 120, 120 to 140, etc.).

I also think it'd be a great benefit for the level cap to be raised, whether or not that's happening now. It gives some of the elder players who've long slept for reaching the 100 cap a reason to return. It brings hope that more lands would be found to make use of both the aboveground and belowground resources to expand Istaria.
    Last edited by C`gan; July 24th, 2009 at 12:16 AM.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

The developers just released the whole labyrinth full of high-end content. While players do not get class levels over 100, it takes challenges of the next tier up + to keep their interest. Maybe all this tier VI stuff is just in keeping with that, something for us to work with on quests and such that stretch our capabilities.

I have a bunch of really cool stuff in my vault that was for quest use only (water clock? gnomish pipe and bag of weed?). I loved making the new travertine bowl - not used in any recipes, just fun to be able to do. :-)

I would love to see a full tier VI complement be available for players, but I think it would be run through very quickly and then folks would be topped out again. Better would be something new across all tiers for folks to work their way up through, it'd take longer to finish and add new dimension to the game. We sort of got that with both the confectioner revamp (except old confectioners could immediately scribe all forms they could afford) and lairshaping.

Besides, didn't they say they were going to revamp lower tiers next? That would put implementing tier VI stuff quite a bit later than now, if they ever choose to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by awdz View Post
    The developers just released the whole labyrinth full of high-end content. While players do not get class levels over 100, it takes challenges of the next tier up + to keep their interest. Maybe all this tier VI stuff is just in keeping with that, something for us to work with on quests and such that stretch our capabilities.

I have a bunch of really cool stuff in my vault that was for quest use only (water clock? gnomish pipe and bag of weed?). I loved making the new travertine bowl - not used in any recipes, just fun to be able to do. :-)

I would love to see a full tier VI complement be available for players, but I think it would be run through very quickly and then folks would be topped out again. Better would be something new across all tiers for folks to work their way up through, it'd take longer to finish and add new dimension to the game. We sort of got that with both the confectioner revamp (except old confectioners could immediately scribe all forms they could afford) and lairshaping.

Besides, didn't they say they were going to revamp lower tiers next? That would put implementing tier VI stuff quite a bit later than now, if they ever choose to do it.
    I agree work across all tiers would add much more to Istaria and I'm not saying that I believe a release of tier VI is coming in the immediate future.

In my opinion for a release of Tier VI it would require the testing of, tools, gear, weapons (not yet implemented AFAIK other than a blighted claw I saw once that had a requirement of 103), spells, equipment, technique items, resources, and creatures. Most of these are already in Istaria on a smaller scale.

I am however curious how others view these points if they consider it something other than early testing for tier VI.

Take care,
    Tsargoth

I must say as eager as I am to see T6 in the game and finally have a reason not to delete all these useless T6 components and trophies, be wary.

I remember when SWG raised it's level cap from 80 to 90.

How nice! Now we older players that have explored everything multiple times over now have something to do!

Oh, wait. All the mobs are still level capped at 80 -_-

People grew vocal very quickly when they realized they could just blaze through what was once challenging content meant for groups. As this continued for weeks, we can only assume this was a huge oversight. Oops. Fortunately, SOE has a very large dev team and could comb through certain spots and raise levels and abilities to give the players something to do and to not outclass the more notable dungeons while they worked on the next expansion with the higher level content.

I doubt Istaria could afford such a mistake.

Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Or somewhere else...

Quote Originally Posted by C`gan View Post
    I think I have to agree with Teto on this one. As Istaria continues to survive long past the expectations of others, it will be inevitable that a level cap will have to be raised for the elder players to remain while new players are introduced along the way. It would be another way of proving that Istaria is a successful, albeit small, game with a growing membership.

The fact that Amon has stated it's not being worked on (I'll insert "now") hardly covers that it would never be raised. As the years have shown, Istaria has a unique survivability that boggles even some stalwart gaming critics out there. Personally, I'd take it as a detriment to Istaria to say that level 100 is all one can ever reach. For Istaria to grow as a game, eventually the level cap would need to be raised, even if only in incremental units (from 100 to 120, 120 to 140, etc.).

I also think it'd be a great benefit for the level cap to be raised, whether or not that's happening now. It gives some of the elder players who've long slept for reaching the 100 cap a reason to return. It brings hope that more lands would be found to make use of both the aboveground and belowground resources to expand Istaria.
    Elder and wise

My words are but the whisper of a forgotten wind. Let them be lost or found, as suits the seeker. And certain sure any word of mine be no thing any other might have need of heeding.

I think I have to agree with Teto on this one. As Istaria continues to survive long past the expectations of others, it will be inevitable that a level cap will have to be raised for the elder players to remain while new players are introduced along the way.
    Inevitable, wise one? Inevitable, if I understand thy words, for if not the old will pass? In some wise, inevitable that new not-old will come?

The old pass, wise one. The old pass, and the new among us pass... mayhap ere ever we know they are here. And if the old have stayed, as they have both long and long, in the absence of the thing ye speak of... then while it might keep some with us, it is not of need for others. And if new ones come to us, and dance and grow and come old.. then some thing there is that keep sthem here already.

Least I am, but I do not remain for hope of the thing ye speak of. I remain because.. I remain. Let each choose.

The fact that Amon has stated it's not being worked on (I'll insert "now") hardly covers that it would never be raised.
    The fact that a thing is not now a thing true is indeed no proof it will never be. AND IT IS ALSO NO PROOF IT EVER WILL. The fact that a thing is not now a thing true is, to my poor wit, simply that. A fact that a thing is not now true. And words ye may set to the gods' mouths, but they be no words still a god spoke.

For Istaria to grow as a game, eventually the level cap would need to be raised, even if only in incremental units (from 100 to 120, 120 to 140, etc.).
    And where ends this mathermatik? For it does not. If the thing ye speak of were set to 120 seasons this very day, then in a seven day, or two seven days, or three... the land would again be setting chatter of the same.. that more is needed. And more and more andmoreandmore.... Elder... this hath no end!

Elder.. I set no ill to thy words, nor would it be of any import to any did I do so. But, if I may, I will take me some differed stance.

We are here, we old. We are because here is a place we find it fit and meet to be. It may be we are here, if only in part, because.. because some other is here. It may be we are here because of the light the sun casts on a certain rock we once saw... and in no other land have we ever seen that light or that rock. It may be we are here because there is some thing we have not yet done. But.. I have found no new season in no small time.. and others there are I know the same. and still.. they are here. Even, aye, as others are not.

For each and all, there be many reasons we are yet here. Even as there are... are reasons others will seek the Void of a time. To sleep.. perchance to dream.. and, as some have done... perchance to wake again when here is the place they must be once more.

Elder and wise.. there are many reasons. Many and many. And Istaria will live, Istaria will grow... if there are indeed those reasons, differed for each Woken.

And while if thy mathematik comes, I do not think it would be ill... I think me, not all is mathematik. Not all that holds the land bright in the hearts that burn with it is for some thing that, however crafted, will only burn for some brief time ere the fire must be made to burn again.

And these are but my poor words. These are but the echoes of the light as I see it cast from new dawns and old stars. These are... but the whisper of a forgotten wind. Let them be lost or found as suits the seeker.

Sephiranoth, called by some ShadowSeeker
    Nobody and Nothing ever, save The Five do Feast
    A Fool that walks among the Wise

One thing of note the T6 Backpacks where given out by someone that should not have been doing it. It happened long ago and the Devs know my feelings on it. So that can not really be used as a tick towards T6 coming.

Though I`m not a collector- and not a messy at all
    I kept my t6 trophies and ressis since the days of Unity
    and still do- just in case..

I do not need t6 atm- though I sometimes gaze at my uber- biped mates and friends- and well, envy them it bit (in Labyrinth)
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

One fix to my statement. Not all of them were given out unauthorized. If they are on live the are illegal, they have been given out by Devs on Blight, I would assume as rewards to good testers. Which I am fine with.

Quote Originally Posted by peladon View Post
    Elder and wise

My words are but the whisper of a forgotten wind. Let them be lost or found, as suits the seeker. And certain sure any word of mine be no thing any other might have need of heeding.

Inevitable, wise one? Inevitable, if I understand thy words, for if not the old will pass? In some wise, inevitable that new not-old will come?

The old pass, wise one. The old pass, and the new among us pass... mayhap ere ever we know they are here. And if the old have stayed, as they have both long and long, in the absence of the thing ye speak of... then while it might keep some with us, it is not of need for others. And if new ones come to us, and dance and grow and come old.. then some thing there is that keep sthem here already.

Least I am, but I do not remain for hope of the thing ye speak of. I remain because.. I remain. Let each choose.

The fact that a thing is not now a thing true is indeed no proof it will never be. AND IT IS ALSO NO PROOF IT EVER WILL. The fact that a thing is not now a thing true is, to my poor wit, simply that. A fact that a thing is not now true. And words ye may set to the gods' mouths, but they be no words still a god spoke.

And where ends this mathermatik? For it does not. If the thing ye speak of were set to 120 seasons this very day, then in a seven day, or two seven days, or three... the land would again be setting chatter of the same.. that more is needed. And more and more andmoreandmore.... Elder... this hath no end!

Elder.. I set no ill to thy words, nor would it be of any import to any did I do so. But, if I may, I will take me some differed stance.

We are here, we old. We are because here is a place we find it fit and meet to be. It may be we are here, if only in part, because.. because some other is here. It may be we are here because of the light the sun casts on a certain rock we once saw... and in no other land have we ever seen that light or that rock. It may be we are here because there is some thing we have not yet done. But.. I have found no new season in no small time.. and others there are I know the same. and still.. they are here. Even, aye, as others are not.

For each and all, there be many reasons we are yet here. Even as there are... are reasons others will seek the Void of a time. To sleep.. perchance to dream.. and, as some have done... perchance to wake again when here is the place they must be once more.

Elder and wise.. there are many reasons. Many and many. And Istaria will live, Istaria will grow... if there are indeed those reasons, differed for each Woken.

And while if thy mathematik comes, I do not think it would be ill... I think me, not all is mathematik. Not all that holds the land bright in the hearts that burn with it is for some thing that, however crafted, will only burn for some brief time ere the fire must be made to burn again.

And these are but my poor words. These are but the echoes of the light as I see it cast from new dawns and old stars. These are... but the whisper of a forgotten wind. Let them be lost or found as suits the seeker.

Sephiranoth, called by some ShadowSeeker
    Nobody and Nothing ever, save The Five do Feast
    A Fool that walks among the Wise
    <IC>
    One could argue that history has shown that what does not adapt or change eventually fades. How this will manifest in this case is the question. At this time, as you have said, some of the gifted are changing. Some sleep and dream of other worlds while new gifted are found wandering about New Trismus. It could also be argued that it is a less difficult path to victory against the Aegis by keeping one that is known to be gifted fighting for our survival than it is to bring one that is newly gifted to New Trismus to train and prepare for the difficult battles ahead of them. Perhaps there will be enough newly gifted to pickup arms left behind by those that came before them, should an elder sleep. Yet it is equally possible that there may not be.

I do not claim to know what the outcome will be I only ask to for others to share what they believe may be at hand. Thank you for your words and thoughts.
    </IC>

Quote Originally Posted by Deth View Post
    One thing of note the T6 Backpacks where given out by someone that should not have been doing it. It happened long ago and the Devs know my feelings on it. So that can not really be used as a tick towards T6 coming.
    Someone took the time to add the backpacks to the database. I do realize they were not yet meant for public release but they do exist and work even if most of the public does not have one.

I think the backpacks do not, but not sure, have the formula create to make them. I am not sure how hard the formula is to create, fairly easy I would guess.
    But also of note. All Master forms, The new cure spells and others, are gone from the game, including peoples inventory and tomes of knowledge that had brought them. So looks like the Devs seeing all the calls and thoughts that T6 is coming has chosen to remove them to remove that thought process?

Hmm - In my view it is a novel concept - quiet the children by taking away thier candy...

Knossos

Different reason, same analogy. They did not remove the children's candy. They removed the candy in the jar on the high shelf that the children could not reach, to keep them from whining about the candy they can see but can't get.

It has been discussed and ranted about before, how players expect T6 to just be a direct continuation of T1-T5, despite the devs repeatedly saying it is not. T6 is THE END GAME. It is special, and can have rules that do not follow the standards encountered in the lower tiers.

Drev

This was found by someone on Order shard today.

re steelsilk sack:

Save that screenshot as I'm guessing that next patch that too will be removed from everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster
    I'm gonna post in this one too!

The Steelsilk Sacks were added to a loot table for treasure chests along with T6 pouches.

It would be correct to say that the stats on the Steelsilk Sack were not properly updated when they were added to the treasure table. That will be fixed, of course.

We have, however, left them on the table as an occasional "surprise, you got a treasure" item from the new tables that chests pull from.

Happy to know that the steelsilk sacks will stay and become useable - but - they are of use to crafters not to adv schools - most if not all of the high level crafters depend on teched t5 Satchels and the techs are of far greater interest and use than the modestly greater carry capacity of the T6 sack. So, may we please have the form to make the steelsilk sacks so we can put T5 techs on it? If this could be included for example in the T6 chest loot tables I believe a chorus of thank you's will come from the high level crafters of Istaria.

Knossos

Thread Information