Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Map Pack 3.5

Default Re: Map Pack 3.5

Quote Originally Posted by Nymphaea View Post
    I installed it on my computer that runs on vista,and it works fine.. I did have to adjust the admistrator rights on vista other wise I could not change the directory file name ClientPrefs_Common.def change to string mapPath = "resources_override/interface/maps/" ..

It is told in de readme file attached with the mappack..

Hope you get it working ..
    would this work on other operating sytems??? i have the same problum with xp pro

going to install this now

does it do anything for the mouse cursor?

soooo any news of a possible rework with the revamp! (you know, when the devs actually release an updated physical map)...

I dont know what I'm gonna do if I don't have a map pack *eek*!
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Quote Originally Posted by Frith-Rae View Post
    soooo any news of a possible rework with the revamp! (you know, when the devs actually release an updated physical map)...

I dont know what I'm gonna do if I don't have a map pack *eek*!
    I second this... it's something I was thinking about quite a bit too! I live by my map pack!

Yep, the map pack is a handy thing - if I'm not mistaken the terrain tiles used in it are player-created, meaning someone with the know how to export areas from the cache simply has to fly over every square mile of Istaria and export them - I'll add this to my big list of things to figure out.

Then there's the adding/deleting of the map markers... Bool huge_text_parse = true

As someone who went 50+ levels without the map pack; in general the quests give plenty of instruction on where to go - it's not until the RoP, where I started to run into quests that simply stated "go kill 'X' somewhere in the blight", that it started to get confusing... Probably on purpose.

There were also a few quests where the critter/thing had been moved/duplicated but the quest text hadn't been updated, but those appear to either be fixed or someone knew of the alternate location and pointed me in the right direction... For example; any kill 'X' quest that tells you to go somewhere around Mahagra, really means "between Brandon's Shelf and Aroah's Leap".

So, for the new Tier 2 content, I plan to just wander about and find things - it takes longer, but that's part of the fun... For me at least.

Yes, there is a new update in the works Katscratch is working on it a lot and accepting player feedback using the Crimson Dawn Forum

We have covered a small area so far but expect lots more to be done now that Chaos is down.
    Last edited by Velea; September 29th, 2011 at 06:14 PM.
    Dakoren Ironhand - Multiclassed Half-Giant
    Krondel Bloodclaw - Ancient Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Dakoren Ironhand View Post
    Yes, there is a new update in the works Katscratch is working on it a lot and accepting player feedback using the Crimson Dawn Forum

We have covered a small area so far but expect lots more to be done now that Chaos is down.
    Thank you very much for letting us know! I'll be one of the first to download and install the updated map pack -- your hard work is greatly appreciated!
    Last edited by Velea; September 29th, 2011 at 06:14 PM.

Huzzahh!! Happy Day- oh Happy Day!! *dragon dance*

And Resh - I don't use it much for questing - the majority of what I use it for is to find crafting resources around the world. EVERYtime I make a new block of stuff, or do a craft quest, or anything =- the first thing I do is pop open the map and search for locations (what's near a portal, what's near a machine, what's near other resources needed to make the final product, the easiest way to get there, etc.).

I've used it since the first one came out - so while I remember having some playtime without it I've come to depend on it.

Flying around trying to explore for resources or mobs doesn't work for me - the game doesn't load fast enough for me to see what I'm flying over. I literally have to flap a few times, stop, wait, scan, flap a few times, stop, wait, scan... can you imagine how long that would take to get out somewhere even close to where the resources may or may not be?

So for me, this could possibly make or break the game - if I Had to go without any type of resource to get what I wanted to get done - this game would become far more frustrating due to the loading issues. I just don't know the game layout enough even after all these years (and I'm only LSHA 47 anyway..so any tier above that I REALLY have no clue)

Also I use to keep me from getting totally lost as I fly (and chat...)..hehehe.

Basically it stays open in the top left of my screen minimized for the entirety of my play.

So thank you! Thank you! This is an almost essential player mod for me!
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Iea has returned.

Hehe. Don't get me wrong Frith, I wasn't saying people shouldn't use it - now that I know about the map pack, I use it quite extensively as well... Though mostly for finding things folks in NPA are asking after and, as you, crafting.

The greatest thing is that the map pack is an option - so even if it is updated before I get my poor, oft-neglected biped into the tier 2 stuff, I can simply turn it off and go about my exploration... I really do like finding out what's over the next hill - and running from the toothy whatever that lives there.

Yes, everytime my map lags when I change zones or when I open it again I remind myself its an option...lol.

And I wish I could explore easier, alas the engine and my system just don't like me..
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Iea has returned.

I wish it would be possible to have an update part for the mappack in which you can send your additions which then could be added or not.

The mappack is really nice and I'd thank all of you who have been working on it all this time

Quote Originally Posted by Sunuke View Post
    I wish it would be possible to have an update part for the mappack in which you can send your additions which then could be added or not.

The mappack is really nice and I'd thank all of you who have been working on it all this time
    Sunuke, it might be an idea to read my earlier post;
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakoren Ironhand View Post
    Last edited by Velea; September 29th, 2011 at 06:15 PM.

I think you misread my post or I wasn't clear enough:-)

I was talking about an in game update button. Or something in which players could up the icons added to CD.

So it would be possible to get for example a daily update after a large patch like this.

That way you could go out on a part of the map which hasn't been explored yet.

i really want to install this map pack but your instructions are so unclear as how to do it step by step. i did the auto install of it, but all i get in-game is two clashing maps. seriously! dumb it down for us noobs.

I just installed the map pack and my istaria map is totally scrambled now ....

It's in the instructions:
    Quote Originally Posted by Katscratch View Post
    *******IMPORTANT NOTE For all Users******
    You must be offline from game when you edit and save ClientPrefs_Common.def file or it will not be effective because this file automatically gets saved on exiting game.

1. Edit with any text editor such as NotePad the value "string mapPath" at the bottom of the file located in the one of the folders below: Program Files\Artifact Entertainment\Horizons\prefs\ClientPrefs_Common.de f: or Program Files\Istaria\prefs\ClientPrefs_Common.def: string mapPath = "resources_override/interface/maps"

Map pack links are dead links now...

[edit]
    Did a little searching and found the map packs on the Crimson Dawn website.

This is a great site, lots of information...

--edited url--
    [end edit]

PS - Thank you guys/gals of Crimson Dawn for all the time and effort you put into making Istaria better for everyone.
    Last edited by AmonGwareth; October 27th, 2011 at 05:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Morduic View Post
    Map pack links are dead links now...

[edit]
    Did a little searching and found the map packs on the Crimson Dawn website.

This is a great site, lots of information...

--edited url--
    [end edit]

PS - Thank you guys/gals of Crimson Dawn for all the time and effort you put into making Istaria better for everyone.
    Your welcome, Morduic.

For information we are still working on a new map pack (version 4 its probably going to be), can't give an eta for now.
    Last edited by AmonGwareth; October 27th, 2011 at 05:10 PM.
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by Chasing View Post
    For information we are still working on a new map pack (version 4 its probably going to be), can't give an eta for now.
    Just that its gonna take a good while and we want to do it well

hmm how can i get this to wrok ? i'v done that it calls for "i think " i did the renname thing .? the map doesnt load up ? only thing it shows is a Small blue Swrings thing liek it trying to load but as far and i can tell it doesnt ? kina runing my head in lops trying to find a way to get it .to work ?
    http://staronlightwing.deviantart.com/
    Hellenia hord 95869756, lv's 100.100.63 Staron hord 151402610 lv's 100.100.83 Josanna hord 2275812 lv's 100.100.87 Figes hord 126074906 lv's 57.34.00

Thread Information