Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Map Pack 3.5

Default Re: Map Pack 3.5

It could be that the mappack has broken since they patched out the new client. I have to admit I havent had the time to look into it yet if thats really the case..
    Dakoren Ironhand - Multiclassed Half-Giant
    Krondel Bloodclaw - Ancient Dragon

map pack 3.5 works (I use it) it isn't too far off (though there are some things wrong since the last patch...it's still a decent guide...and you have the option of adding your own markers)...make sure you read the most recent install instuctions as the older versions of map pack send you to a file that is no longer there.

Quote Originally Posted by Morduic View Post
    Map pack links are dead links now...

[edit]
    Did a little searching and found the map packs on the Crimson Dawn website.

This is a great site, lots of information...

--edited url--
    [end edit]

PS - Thank you guys/gals of Crimson Dawn for all the time and effort you put into making Istaria better for everyone.
    thats the link i got it from and i did every thing it was telling me to ?
    if i dont do the resources_override file thing chang it looks likea puzzels thing XD but when i do do it the maps doesnt load well the buttens and stuff do kind of . but teh map its stuff isnet loading its back and ahs the blue swerling thing on the bottem left. i let it sit there for a few thinking it may need to load up but it didnt.. dont know if i need to wait longer or . if there is soming thing not working with it?
    Last edited by AmonGwareth; October 27th, 2011 at 05:10 PM.
    http://staronlightwing.deviantart.com/
    Hellenia hord 95869756, lv's 100.100.63 Staron hord 151402610 lv's 100.100.83 Josanna hord 2275812 lv's 100.100.87 Figes hord 126074906 lv's 57.34.00

ok after . install the installer. and changing the resouces/interface....to resouces_override .. did that .. and put the uimaps in to the main reseource/interface/theams/defalt/ def .. that didnt wokr .. fixed it back to the one the came wiht .. than i put it in the resources_override fold .. and it still dont work . i'v trying any thing i can think of in trying to get it to work . etherr i get the map butten and stuff But a black and blue swering things or i just get the buttens and all But no map just a black box :P i know i keep pokes this from just trying to get this to work .. i think i got the map pack
    Hellenia hord 95869756, lv's 100.100.63 Staron hord 151402610 lv's 100.100.83 Josanna hord 2275812 lv's 100.100.87 Figes hord 126074906 lv's 57.34.00

The common issues with the map pack are caused by

1. Vista/Win7 and its annoying file permissioning. - I Believe you have to manually set a full control permission but I'm still on XP so I havent really looked at the procedure.

2. The file thats needs to be placed into the Resources folder - It gets missed and/or gets overwritten. That normally stops the map loading properly

3. Not setting the mappath change in the clientpref_common.def file.

I would check those 3 to start with.
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

thank you for the help i got it working XD
    my old pc is still uesing the windows xp aswell

This is the fix for the annoying Vista / Win7 File and Folder Permissions issue (and why it happens)

http://www.blogsdna.com/2159/how-to-...-windows-7.htm
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

Where can I Download this map? The links in the first post aren't working.

--edited url--
    and many more
    Last edited by AmonGwareth; October 27th, 2011 at 05:10 PM.

Just want to put out there that wherever the downloads are placed is not working anymore :*(

CD site is turned off at the moment Nixer, I believe the map pack files can be found on bristugo.com at present.
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

Thanks Chasing, I'm having a HECK of a time trying to get it to work. I place both the resources folder and the resources_override folder in the Istaria folder, then change the .def to what its supposed to be, but the map comes up black, any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Katscratch View Post
    The Map Pack 3.5 (Updated to reflect new client and content)
    Maps not changed because I don't have the tools for that.

Changes:
    Updates v3.5
    - Removed the search grid markers because it made opening map slow for people with slower computers and connections.
    - Removed 200 unused map marker png files (681 reduced to 481).
    - Removed approximately 600 markers in areas where numerous markers were showing spawn size (ie 7 markers showing the kenaf spawn near Heather Pad).
    - Changed ClientPrefs_Common.def from
    string mapPath = "resources_override/resources/interface/maps/" to
    string mapPath = "resources_override/interface/maps/"to reflect client changes.
    - Changed some of the addicon panel icons to reflect new mobs from Dralnok's Doom.
    - Changed sort order of Foods (now Alphabetic)
    - Added markers for NPCs, Mobs, and Resources added by Dralnok's Doom
    (did not add any markers for the Labrynth because there is no map for it).
    - Added a read-only version of the map pack UIMapWindow.def to Resources which overwrites the game version. If map does not show resource markers it means this file is NOT correct.
    - Moved Markers from \resources_override\interface\maps\Istaria to
    resources_override\interface\themes\default\textur es to reflect client directory structure changes.

Installation
    These instructions assume you have installed game in default location that the game normally installs to and that you are NOT normally comfortablewith creating directories and such things.

*******IMPORTANT NOTE For all Users******
    You must be offline from game when you edit and save ClientPrefs_Common.def file or it will not be effective because this file automatically gets saved on exiting game.
    *******IMPORTANT NOTE For Vista Users*******
    You must have admin priveledges for ClientPrefs_Common.def file to edit which can be set in file Properties. If your map displays as a series of mismatched map tiles the ClientPrefs is the file you need to fix. This may have to be done after a Horizons update or a full scan too!

Both versions:
    1. Edit with any text editor such as NotePad the value "string mapPath" at the bottom of the file located in the one of the folders below: Program Files\Artifact Entertainment\Horizons\prefs\ClientPrefs_Common.de f: or Program Files\Istaria\prefs\ClientPrefs_Common.def: string mapPath = "resources_override/interface/maps"
    2. Backup your current resources_override folder then delete everything in it. (there are changes to directory structure so this is important to insure you start with clean folder that has nothing leftover from a previous Map Pack).
    3. The UIMapWindow.def file in Resources\interface\themes\default\defs\ directory will be replaced with a write-protected version of the file and as a result when logging in where there is a game patch or a full scan is done on the right side of patch splash screen where it shows Now Downloading will show can't download ..uimapwindow.def.auc... but will continue smoothly through scan/patch and load game with Mappack displaying properly.

---

Zip Version:
    1. Download file and save to a safe location I have a directory named Downloads where I save all such files.
    2. Unzip/Extract the file they extract to a Resources folder a resources_override folder, a license.txt, readme3.5.txt.
    3 Copy the Resources and resources_override folders into the game folder default locations are (Program Files\Artifact Entertainment\Horizons) or (Program Files\Istaria) and say "yes/yes to all" if you get asked to overwrite.

Installer/Exe Version:
    1. Download file and save to a safe location I have a directory named Downloads where I save all such files(downloads as a Zip file).
    2. Unzip/Extract the file it extracts to map_pack_3.5.exe, license.txt, and readme3.5.txt
    3 Dbl-click the map_pack_3.5.exe file to start installation and follow the on screen instructions. Installs in Program Files\Artifact Entertainment\Horizons by default. If your game is installed in the other default location which is Program Files\Istaria you will need to change the destination directory. You can do this by typing correct address in the edit box or you can use browse button.
    I have tested the mappack on 2 WIN XP systems, and had some people on Blight test it on Vista and they had no reported problems.

---
    Thanks to all contributors (since V3.21E, sorry but I don't know the ones that helped before) and their permission to use their material:
    - Dahaka (for some resource locations)
    - Dorrin (a Version of the Riftmap, I decided to use the one from Steelclaw, thanks anyway)
    - Eisdrache / Finiaroth (for hosting the mappack)
    - Firebrand Crest (for suggestions to New Trismus and the missing Spirit Isle Map, for help on the installer version, resource locations and testing the pack)
    - IvoryClaw (for testing the pack)
    - Kala (for a lot nice confectioner resource icons)
    - Mimir (for the Rift mapmarkers)
    - Oakleif (for your suggestions, lots of markers and testing the pack)
    - Steelclaw (for the map of the Rift and hosting the mappack)
    - Trixter (for resource locations)
    - Zexoin (for some resource locations)
    Pekka, Cobal, Terao, and all helpers for all the work they did before V3.21, thanks for your effort!
    ---
    --edited url--

Enjoy
    Katscratch
    Hey Katscratch, trying to let someone know that the patch for HCC update has a mistake in it. Nature V requires Purple Weaver Leg Hairs. On the HCC it shows Forest Oastic Sacs. I thought Valaerosilantix had done this fix, but couldn't figure out how to find him on here.
    Good job on the whole update of HCC though. Great Job to all involved!
    Last edited by AmonGwareth; October 27th, 2011 at 05:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixer View Post
    Thanks Chasing, I'm having a HECK of a time trying to get it to work. I place both the resources folder and the resources_override folder in the Istaria folder, then change the .def to what its supposed to be, but the map comes up black, any ideas?
    I'm having the same problem, though I had the pack before I installed the new updater... does it have something to do with that? I've been messing with it all night, n now I cant get it to even go back to the origional map, but I'm not going to reinstall the game if I don't have to, saying as it took prolly an hour to install/patch the first time
    ~Clearbrooke~ *Riverpaw*
    lv 60 Elemental Archer on Chaos
    Raaliquiryn Vaerkaldra, previously Kirya Al`Taraya (Mistress of the Blighted Guard!)
    lv 100/40/34 Dragon on Chaos

Quote Originally Posted by Clearbrooke View Post
    I'm having the same problem, though I had the pack before I installed the new updater... does it have something to do with that? I've been messing with it all night, n now I cant get it to even go back to the origional map, but I'm not going to reinstall the game if I don't have to, saying as it took prolly an hour to install/patch the first time
    Are you on Vista or Win7? They have an annoying folder security setting that stops some of the files copying into place.
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

Can someone here please help me. My map worked but now it doesn't. Here is the message I am getting:

Istaria is unable to find your map files.

Your prefs/ClientPrefs_Common.def has a custom mapPath, however no maps could be found.

Please reset your game preferences from the launcher, or manually edit your prefs/ClientPrefs_common.def to have a valid mapPath location.

I reinstalled map pack 3.5 carefully following the directions, but all I keep getting is that message posted above. PLEASE, is there anyone out there that can assist me??

Thank you

Nevermind, I got it fixed now.
    Last edited by Peaches; September 23rd, 2011 at 04:49 PM.

All Map links aren't working or being redirected now - Is there a link for Map Pack 3.5 anywhere that works?

Installer
    http://istaria-guides.com/downloads/..._installer.zip

Zip
    http://istaria-guides.com/downloads/map_pack_3.5.zip

T2 Revamp Markers
    http://istaria-guides.com/downloads/...amp_update.zip

If I remember correctly the ZIP and Installer are the same and you install the t2 revamp markers afterwards.
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

Thanks, Chasing

Thread Information