Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Devs: Why nerf t4 loot?

Default Devs: Why nerf t4 loot?

Response requested from devs, please.

I'm interested in an explanation on the nerf on t4 loot. For example - in killing 20 jade golems now, 2 trophies, 6 completly empty, 3 forms, 3 minor hoard items (bells) and some lockets.

From my perspective as a returning player - I've left before when the "grind" in the game was increased. This does that again. It's the grind that creates boredom for me. Making that worse won't keep me in game.

I'm fundamentally against nerfs, so this is difficult for me to understand and accept.

For the forum flamers and trolls - no need to respond. I already know about the people that have been in game 1900+ days with no breaks. You aren't leaving anyway, so I understand that this doesn't bother you as much as it does returning players, and I think, new players. This message is looking for a response from the devs.

Default Re: Devs: Why nerf t4 loot?

Giant Ice Beetles seem to suffer from the same after patch on Thursday. Hardly any trophies or mandibles dropping.

T4 is pretty borked, flame beetles not spawning (just small ones.. yey!). Empty loot windows on jades and the few flame beetles that did spawn. Hoard like its falling from the sky, and crystals on trash mobs.
    Last edited by Trust; July 27th, 2009 at 01:06 AM.
    Tempus fugit, memento mori.

Quote Originally Posted by Trust
    T4 is pretty borked, flame beetles not spawning (just small ones.. yey!). Empty loot windows on jades and the few flame beetles that did spawn. Hoard like its falling from the sky, and crystals on trash mobs.
    I was doing drain bolt last night and I had 7/8 loot windows not open on the Jade Golems in 1 big fight.

Probably 1/3 or 1/4 loot windows were empty. I was rather surprised to find them dropping crystals of all things. Although I do think the removal of all that hoard was a good thing on the Jade Golems; it was way overboard.
    Last edited by Creme; July 27th, 2009 at 01:42 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster
    I'm gonna post in this one too!

Quote Originally Posted by Creme View Post
    Although I do think the removal of all that hoard was a good thing on the Jade Golems; it was way overboard.

Why? Why is making hoard harder to find a good thing? The game is only good if everything is hard? Comps needed from Satyr Isle only with its overboard aggro mobs, spell timers added, items made attuned so can't give to friends anymore, removing things so you make the haves and haves nots, thats only way to make it fun?

I play to have fun and to me making things harder (specially things that have been for years one way then changing) is not fun. If you want to make new things hard for the hard core bored old timers fine but why keep changing old things to make harder for casual lower and new players?

Smaug

Quote Originally Posted by Smaug
    Why? Why is making hoard harder to find a good thing? The game is only good if everything is hard? Comps needed from Satyr Isle only with its overboard aggro mobs, spell timers added, items made attuned so can't give to friends anymore, removing things so you make the haves and haves nots, thats only way to make it fun?

I play to have fun and to me making things harder (specially things that have been for years one way then changing) is not fun. If you want to make new things hard for the hard core bored old timers fine but why keep changing old things to make harder for casual lower and new players?

Smaug
    You might not have hunted Jade Golems recently. The last patch made them drop hoard like crazy mad. It was an incredible amount of hoard. Scaling it back is not making the game suddenly HARD or making hoard harder to get. The hoard drop rates on Jade Golem loot was ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Smaug View Post
    Why? Why is making hoard harder to find a good thing?
    Smaug
    Try opal golems, I had 64 priceless rings (and lots of other items) after a hunt last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Smaug View Post
    If you want to make new things hard for the hard core bored old timers fine but why keep changing old things to make harder for casual lower and new players?
    Smaug
    My guess is they don't want any more old timers, we are an unruly bunch.
    Last edited by Trust; July 27th, 2009 at 03:42 AM. Reason: added
    Tempus fugit, memento mori.

Quote Originally Posted by Creme View Post
    I was doing drain bolt last night and I had 7/8 loot windows not open on the Jade Golems in 1 big fight.

Probably 1/3 or 1/4 loot windows were empty. I was rather surprised to find them dropping crystals of all things. Although I do think the removal of all that hoard was a good thing on the Jade Golems; it was way overboard.
    The bigger problem I had (Friday night) was that, the quest was to kill 25, and get 5 chips. I killed 26 before I got my FIRST chip. I ended up killing probably close to 80 or 90 Jades all told before I FINALLY found my 5th chip. In that time, I found like 5ish hoard pieces and close to 50 trophies. The rest is alright, but the chips shouldn't be THAT rare. Especially killing the named like 4 times (REALLY fast re-spawn).
    SiLang Drag 100, Dcra 100, Dlsh 100 100M Hoard Ancient Dragon of Flight of the Order Shard
    Parcasta Storm Disciple 44, ARM 88, BLK 100, CRP 25, ENC 23, FIT 88, GTH 80, JWL 40, MIN 80, MSN 82, OUT 100, SCH 100, TLR 10, WPN 88, WVR 21

When I completed the same drain bolt quest, prior to this most recent maintenance, it probably took 35-40 golem kills to get 5 chips...just as a reference.

Quote Originally Posted by walkerglassmire View Post
    The bigger problem I had (Friday night) was that, the quest was to kill 25, and get 5 chips. I killed 26 before I got my FIRST chip. I ended up killing probably close to 80 or 90 Jades all told before I FINALLY found my 5th chip. In that time, I found like 5ish hoard pieces and close to 50 trophies. The rest is alright, but the chips shouldn't be THAT rare. Especially killing the named like 4 times (REALLY fast re-spawn).
    So is it safe to say all loot is borked right now? Reason being, I was on Lucky's quest to loot 5 mainboards from the automotons in Rachival which are T5 creatures.

It took me 7 hours with one board dropping every 100 or so kills. I did get a very nice hoard of Blighted Equipment formula and enough trophies for 3 milion hoard.

Quote Originally Posted by Shian
    So is it safe to say all loot is borked right now? Reason being, I was on Lucky's quest to loot 5 mainboards from the automotons in Rachival which are T5 creatures.

It took me 7 hours with one board dropping every 100 or so kills. I did get a very nice hoard of Blighted Equipment formula and enough trophies for 3 milion hoard.
    Ah, I don't think that's been changed for the latest patch. Since Doom was first introduced I noticed (and had also heard) that the mainboards is a very rare drop. I have 1 out of the 5 needed on 1 of the 2 characters that have taken the quest.

Anyone heard anything on t4 loot yet? I've seen no responses.

Quote Originally Posted by Raspewtin
    Anyone heard anything on t4 loot yet? I've seen no responses.
    That's pretty normal.

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

patience, rasp - the gods speak in their own time!!
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Have seen a lot of dev responses to other threads, so we know they aren't all on vacation. Still looking for response on this one.

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

let me ask, rasp - once you get your answer, what then?
    what difference will knowing make?

what's done is done and what will be done will be done and what is not to be will not be.

will you stop playing if you get an answer you don't like?

leave the devs to do what they do. they will answer or not. if you don't like the game, don't play. if you like the game, keep playing.
    everything ultimately comes down to that.

i am not trying to sound rude or flippant, but its a pain to keep seeing so many posts about this.
    you must learn patience, grasshopper - all things come in their time.......
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

velveeta, your post isn't helpful. It's not disagreeing with my points either. It's actually just trolling at me personally. Which is against the rules of the forums. Please stick to topic and post your opinions only. Keep the personal attacks out of it.

Last I checked this forum was for all of us. We all get to post our questions and opinions. It may annoy you, and you are entitled to your opinion. But you don't get to tell us not to post.

Devs - still looking for an answer.

Vel's post was "spot on", Rasp. She has been posting on these forums for quite some time and I've never known her to "troll". She wasn't trolling then either.

She is however a very knowledgeable player who plays on the Blight server (the "test" server) and may have some insight into the "minds of the gods" that you do not.

Rather than hammering away like a petulant child demanding an answer, I'd suggest you listen to her advice. You'll also help yourself in the process since, in my experience, devs very seldom answer posts which "demand" an answer.

Sent
    Last edited by SentientSeeker; August 1st, 2009 at 01:39 PM. Reason: fixed spelling typo
    N.B.: I reserve the right to be wrong and exercise it frequently.
    AzureFire - Spiritist - Chaos
    Glormf Sulfurous - Hatchie - Chaos
    Ruddy Bloke - Reaver - Chaos

posting once every 2 days isn't what you describe as a petulant child.

Again, with the insults and personal attacks. Stop.

Devs - still looking for an answer.

Perhaps posting a help ticket about the issue would help? They've been really good about answering mine.

Thread Information