Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Monster!

Default New Monster!

We wanted to take this opportunity to give everyone a teaser of a new monster we're working on that will be unlike any seen in Istaria before.

http://community.istaria.com/gallery/pic.php?id=956

Enjoy!

Jason
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Default Re: New Monster!

Anything besides more wolves, golems, or beetles gets my approval.

Drev

way cool, nicer than a new golem variation! kind of curious about the chains - is that a withered aegis control mechanism for this new abberation they created?

Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Or somewhere else...

Elders and wise... there be but little save that little we may see... but this I may ponder.

That we see is both mobile and may not, it seems, move. It is thered to the very land... yet it may shift and turn.

If the crystals had magery, and might cast bolts at those who came near... then being high they could be of trial to hit with blade or axe... then they may stand guardian to a place and be most ill to pass.

And if they might cast their levin bolts skyward, to those of wing and scale that came near... since those of wing and scale may not offer threat on wing, then such as these might block draku from a place. Save the draku took them to their other form, where they might offer woe.

And what if they be no so immobile as they may seem? Crystal they be... they might, of time and time, set them phased from this place to some other place they know... to disaappear and re-appear in mid-combat, or over time, that they be yet more unpredictable.

Or... I am but a Fool, and my words but a whisper of a forgotten wind.

Sephiranoth, called by some ShadowSeeker
    Nobody and Nothing ever, save The Five do Feast
    A Fool that walks among the Wise
    Last edited by peladon; July 29th, 2009 at 07:03 PM.

Ohh thats looking nice Amon - good to get some variety!

Makes me wonder if its supposed to be a world object that may engage players that come nearby, like I hoped the plants in the Labyrinth would be.
    Dakoren Ironhand - Multiclassed Half-Giant
    Krondel Bloodclaw - Ancient Dragon

I don't think we'll have to worry about these getting pulled to somewhere they shouldn't be.
    You can get anything you want in life -- just make a lot of noise and bite the right people.

Using the same tech that chests use to keep them rooted. I had asked about that sort of thing years ago. Wanted a big tree type thing that could attack within a range, but not move. Appears to be pretty close to that.

Drev

*blinks* I understood what seph said... yay.

Yeah, I'm loving the evil crystal of um... floaty death.

It looks a bit strange, but I hope we will know about it soon.
    Firebrandcrest Arma: Ancient Helian Dragon | Dragon 100 / Dragon Crafter 100 / Dragon Lairshaper 100 / Dragon Crystalshaper 100 (Order) | My MODs: Zexoin's and Firebrand's Sound Emotes Pack v2.5.4.0, Alternate Dragon Bolt Casting v1.4, Old Istarian Ambiance v1.0.8.

This is gonna have me giving the big chained crystals around Chiconus a wide berth now - I'll be expecting them to attack at any time...

Quote Originally Posted by Raeshlavik View Post
    This is gonna have me giving the big chained crystals around Chiconus a wide berth now - I'll be expecting them to attack at any time...
    *Swaps chiconis floatyrocks.*

... j/k. I'm not that mean.

It is very Istarian, as others noted, in the way that it picks up the Chiconisian theme; and as far as I know, (not a lot, but hey ) it's unique.

Waaaayyy better than crabs and scorpions; time will only tell to see if it matches the Vexators and Mylocs and Marrows for other-worldly glamour.

Nice touch on the chain animation.

Where might it appear? Dragontowns? Rachival and the Ruined Observatory? Inquiring minds are aflame with anticipation...
    ____Kulamata Quality Armor___
    None Genuine without this Pawprint `',''

Achiever 86%, Explorer 60%, Socializer 46%, Killer 6%.

*Checks to see if it is April 1st on the Istarian calendar*

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    *Checks to see if it is April 1st on the Istarian calendar*
    I assure you, it is not.

Quote Originally Posted by Raeshlavik View Post
    That's exactly what I thought...

OMG! ATTACKIGN DRAGON CHAMBERS!! AHHHH!
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Looks sweet!!

Just a thought though. It looks like the type of monster that has very very high slash resistance. What do scraping your claws across rock ever achieve anyway? Blunt claws.

If we do that often enough can we get our damage converted to crush?

I can't wait to see it in game

Lool a angry necklace crystal!

Who needs guard dogs? Dragons have guard crystals!RAWR

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDragoon View Post
    *blinks* I understood what seph said... yay.

Yeah, I'm loving the evil crystal of um... floaty death.
    frack, you beat me to both!! lol
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Im assumin its startionary, what will the xp be like from it?? Perhaps better than most?? A challenge for awesome xp would be great in my book :P
    ^.^ *Speed Demon of order..*

maybe for that awesome xp, it swings the boxes it's hooked to for nasty damage plus movement. duck, nawkia!
    j/k - i'm assuming it only moves as much as it did in the video, similar to when we first saw the dung heaps preview.

Thread Information