Thread: Getting close to becoming an adult dragon. The little dragon that could.

Default Getting close to becoming an adult dragon. The little dragon that could.

Hello everyone. My Dragon buddy is now lv. 27 and he has been crying to me all week long about wanting to fly, poor guy, he keeps jumping off of hills and floating down yelling I think I can I think can I think I can.

Craw doesn't belong to a guild yet and he definetly doesn't want to wait till he's lv. 100 to try and solo it so how should I go about it? I'll probably try and do as much as I can on my own then maybe post again seeing if there's any other hatchlings that need to do it. I sure wish us hatchlings had some kind of way where we could all get together all of the time to help each other take the rop. I know we have the forums but I was thinking of something more specific for them. Maybe I'll make a chat channel in game for hatchies to get together and help each other do the rop. If I can't find any other hatchies then maybe I'll join a guild or ask some of you elders to help me out. I just hate to impose on anyone. If it was up to me I'd wait till 100 but I don't think I can take another few months, let alone one day of listening to Craw sing: "I believe I can fly"
    sigh.

Default Re: Getting close to becoming an adult dragon. The little dragon that could.

I highly suggest getting your crafting up to 40 or 50 - just for the extra armor slots and better armor materials, which will increase your survivability quite a bit... No one likes to repeatedly rez the hatchie, and crafting takes about an hour per level these days.

Kaeliss is currently at 50 crafter and 29 adventure and I'd be happy to run the RoP with you. I was going to hit 50/50 and do as much of the RoP as possible solo before asking around and seeing if there were any bored Ancients interested in helping me out.

Perhaps we should set some sort of formal date a bit in the future and give hatchies who are close, but not quite there, a goal date to be ready by. I know the couple of folks I talked into playing are still in their early 20's adv/craft so it'll be a while for them, but I can get started on the guild lair I suppose and then help them out when their time comes.

Default Re: Getting close to becoming an adult dragon. The little dragon that could.

50/50 is a very wise decision-
    and no elder will refuse to help, when you came that far
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by Raeshlavik View Post
    I highly suggest getting your crafting up to 40 or 50 - just for the extra armor slots and better armor materials, which will increase your survivability quite a bit... No one likes to repeatedly rez the hatchie, and crafting takes about an hour per level these days.

Kaeliss is currently at 50 crafter and 29 adventure and I'd be happy to run the RoP with you. I was going to hit 50/50 and do as much of the RoP as possible solo before asking around and seeing if there were any bored Ancients interested in helping me out.

Perhaps we should set some sort of formal date a bit in the future and give hatchies who are close, but not quite there, a goal date to be ready by. I know the couple of folks I talked into playing are still in their early 20's adv/craft so it'll be a while for them, but I can get started on the guild lair I suppose and then help them out when their time comes.
    Thanks for the suggestions. I'm about to start working on my crafting. Sadly I've neglected it and it's only around 22 or so but I will work on getting it up. I had been going back through all the old quests that weren't around when I started and now I have over 150 silver, When I first logged in I only had 17 silver and I used to bust my rear making spells to sell and putting them in multiple consigners. That was back in the day when they were all open. I'd do New Brommell, Chiconis, Dalimond, Sslanis, Kion and several others and it was so hard to make silver back then. Heck I don't ever remember a quest giving you 1 silver much less 5 and ten.

Right now I'm working on a few Dragon quests I either missed or weren't there. I'm doin the 20 primal master quest atm. I don't know if Craw will wait till he's 50 but I'll give it a shot. I'll definitely get him as high as I can and then check back or make another post. When I get close to being ready maybe I'll make a in-game chat channel for it and we can all get together and try it. Im only 28/22 atm so I still have some work to do. I just thought I'd start planning ahead and see if others were in the same boat as myself. Thank you, I'm gonna go get to crafting.

Oh btw what's the fastest way to get crafting up in your 20's? Any suggestions? Thanks in advance, take care and I'll see you'll in game.

Oh, btw I play on Chaos - I kinda forget about that.

The way I did crafting:

1-25: New Trismus - Sandstone bricks -> Spellshards -> Decon Spells. Fill my disc and inventory with spellshards and return to the Dragon craft trainer (closest if you go cross country at the loom, jump off the cliff, and glide down into her cave). Then make and deconstruct the highest efficiency spell I had at the time.

25-32: Snowfall (near Mahagra) - Slate bricks -> Decon Spellshards. Same as above but use the T6 machines at the player plots. 2-3 times a day I'd skip the decon and fly a load of spellshards down to the public pawnbroker at the plot near Mahagra for 2-3 silver.

32-41: Snowfall - Slate bricks -> Decon Slate scales. Same as above.

41-50: Chiconis (Iron field in Granite Mtns.) - Iron bars -> Decon Iron scales. There's an iron field outside Chiconis up in the mountains that spawns motherload iron, and it's a 30 second run from a T2 smelter and anvil.

Intermixed in this was the occasional specific crafting run to make myself better armor or to make something for my guildies (slate scalepacks for example) or random other dragons. And the crafter quests for each level.

I'll update this as soon as I start crafting again.

Thread Information