Thread: A new story I was thinking of writing...

Default A new story I was thinking of writing...

Title: The Pact

Plot Line so far:
    Gifted versus the Gifted. The Bipeds have decided that dragons have become more of a neucance than a help. Many darkhearted leaders have brought their forces together with others, deciding upon a secret pact that shall decide the future of the race of dragons.

The pact:
    Signed by all great leaders on one single purpose. To slay and destroy the last of the dragons. To burn the shrine and throw the remaining pieces into the deepest of the oceans. The shrine of skalkaar was the first to go, thrown into a deep pool of lava where no new hatchling can escape.

The dragons born during this time have been kept a secret from the bipeds. Their race depends on this one fact. They cannot be discovered.
    __________________________________________________ _____
    Does this sound like a good and OK story so far? I thought it would be a special thing if the bipeds and the dragons started a war. There are more bipeds than dragons, so the bipeds would naturally be the ones winning.

Full of traitors, vicious leaders, and dark times, the race of the dragons is coming to an end....

Default Re: A new story I was thinking of writing...

I think the bipeds would be very split on whether the dragons were good/evil IFF the Withered Aegis was destroyed first. I definitely do not see bipeds working to destroy a valuable ally in the fight against the Blight.

Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Or somewhere else...

Quote Originally Posted by Wolffang View Post
    Title: The Pact

Plot Line so far:
    Gifted versus the Gifted. The Bipeds have decided that dragons have become more of a neucance than a help. Many darkhearted leaders have brought their forces together with others, deciding upon a secret pact that shall decide the future of the race of dragons.

The pact:
    Signed by all great leaders on one single purpose. To slay and destroy the last of the dragons. To burn the shrine and throw the remaining pieces into the deepest of the oceans. The shrine of skalkaar was the first to go, thrown into a deep pool of lava where no new hatchling can escape.

The dragons born during this time have been kept a secret from the bipeds. Their race depends on this one fact. They cannot be discovered.
    __________________________________________________ _____
    Does this sound like a good and OK story so far? I thought it would be a special thing if the bipeds and the dragons started a war. There are more bipeds than dragons, so the bipeds would naturally be the ones winning.

Full of traitors, vicious leaders, and dark times, the race of the dragons is coming to an end....
    Wise one.

Ye speak of Gifted rending Gifted.

Thus thy... words.. must speak of a time after the Gift.

Thy words would set aside the Treaty that binds us against the Aegis.

Full of traitors, leaders and dark times, the race of dragons is coming to an end? I think if ye count the woken, that is not so.

There be more two legs than draku? Hence, two legs are close to victory? Would all two legs then stand against draku?

I can take wing and stay aloft forever... and never would ye rend me.

If ye mark it wise and proper and of reason to set aside the Treaty... then ye must do so. For one... I will not speak to my view of the merit or else of thy words. As to that view.. ye may make thine own judgement.

Sephiranoth, called by some ShadowSeeker
    Nobody and Nothing ever, save The Five do Feast
    A Fool that walks among the Wise

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

following are my thoughts on the op. i am hoping it comes across as the subjective constructive critique it is intended to be. i intend absolutely no offense to wolf or any other person on the forums.

personally i don't think i care for this storyline.......

first off, i don't like the gifted on gifted thing at all - i think the whole dragon philosophy of peds being somehow lesser than them is more than enough.....

second, this sounds like more of a blighted backed thing - i never liked what i call (no offense meant to anyone in the following, i feel the need to say) 'hitler stories'. stories about a strong leader or set of leaders and the apathy of the general public, sort of thing. and i do not believe that istaria would contain enough of the majority needed to do this anyway. certainly just going by lore, saris, sslik and fiends are more likely to side with dragons than with peds, having suffered much more at their own kinds hands.

thirdly and most importantly - where is the conflict and drama if the secret of the dragons cannot be discovered? what is the purpose of the story then?

understand, wolf, that i am commenting on the post and the info contained in it. i have no small bits to judge by nor do i believe i have every read any of your writing. perhaps my opinion would change if i knew more or had a treatment or rough draft of some kind......

that is, of course, all contingent on whether my opinion means anything at all!
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

I think. most of us do not like pvp- thats why we are here (beside lots of other reasons^^)

You may not know yet: Its been a long way to bipeds and dragons became allies- or even friends.
    We depend on each other-more than ever- and we esteem the abilities and originalities of the other.
    Sure, there are hardliners on both sides- but those hopefully will vanish as time goes by.

There is enough threat and war we have to fight.
    Lets do that side by side.

or:in the world called RL is enough hate, prejudice and discrimination-
    let us prove, that that is not neccessarily so.
    Its hard enough nowadays
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Sorry, I'm not going to attack my own dragon just because someone doesn't like dragons.

Said person may find a well placed gold rage in his back.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

It should also be pointed out that, even after the Aegis are defeated, a civil war would be a lot more complex than simply bipeds against dragons. There are many bipeds who aren't fond of the Empire to begin with and would opt out/fight against it (I know a Sslik who would lead a guerrilla fight to aid the dragons), and there are many bipeds who are good friends with dragons. To suggest that said civil war happens while the Blight is active would be asking for the death of anything that doesn't have the Gift.
    Ssilmath Torshak, Paladin of the Lost, Shaman of the Damned, Master Armorsmith

My other "crack would be cheaper" hobby
    http://ssilmath.deviantart.com/

Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Or somewhere else...

Quote Originally Posted by Ssilmath View Post
    It should also be pointed out that, even after the Aegis are defeated, a civil war would be a lot more complex than simply bipeds against dragons. There are many bipeds who aren't fond of the Empire to begin with and would opt out/fight against it (I know a Sslik who would lead a guerrilla fight to aid the dragons), and there are many bipeds who are good friends with dragons. To suggest that said civil war happens while the Blight is active would be asking for the death of anything that doesn't have the Gift.
    Paladin of the Lost

Still and yet there be a hole in my sky. Still and yet the land be too light for the lack of thy feet. Still and yet those lost are not found, and those found mayhap not sufficient lost.

Wait I do yet, Paladin, and well ye know my waiting.

Sephiranoth, called by some ShadowSeeker
    Nobody and Nothing ever, save The Five do Feast
    A Fool that walks among the Wise

Given how contrary to lore the premise is, I'm moving this thread to Off-Topic. Istaria stories should be about Istaria as it is, and that's not the world this story is describing.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Although it is well know in our own human history that pacts and treaties are meant to be broken.

I do believe however that it would be very hard to simply annihilate the dragon population even through treachery.
    Also have you thought about the fact that at the first sign of treachery the whole Dralk area could easily be placed under a complete draconic lockdown making a safe home after the arrival pad of dralk was destroyed and should Dralk be on the point to fall the hatchlings are send through the portal to Drakul and the portal destroyed after they are safe. Also a nice thing to tell is that the Helian dragons after realizing their mistake of trusting the bipeds join forces with the Lunus faction and most likely return to their ancestral home because of the better strategic and defendable position.

The biped gifted might be strong, but the largest part of the population is just a bunch of non multiclasses weaklings, while every dragon adult and ancient has all the abilities he or she needs to take revenge against any race who killed there hatchlings.

Also any self-respecting dragon would destroy EVERY portal and shrine in Istaria except for Dralk (and Chiconis until evacuated) forcing the (gifted) enemies to walk great distances by land which greatly reduces movement and recall locations.

How long do you think this treachery will last without the dragons against the WA in the WD or Deadpool?

As for the Skalkaar hatchlings… After the death of so many hatchlings in the former colony of Draak don’t you think the faction leaders and the counsel of Ancients have a backup plan?
    And if not… When all portals and Arrival pads are destroyed the same goes for the newly gifted bipeds from Spirits Island. Plus… as long as Dralk remains draconic there is always a chance the dragons manage to create a new link from Dralk to Skalkaar.
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

I've been absent from Istaria proper for a long time, but I still remember a lot of its lore.

If you want to pursue an idea like this, I'd honestly say you're better served trying to craft your own world from the ground up than attempting to use Istaria for this. All of the races have been fairly well decimated by the Withered Aegis; starting a war among the living that would only swell the ranks of the Aegis would be, to put it simply, utter lunacy. Especially killing off dragons for that- go play with a pale hatchling for a bit and you'll get a good idea why offering more dragons up to the Aegis for reanimation is a move no sane leader, however 'dark hearted' would ever do.

I think to sum up my two cents:

Do not meddle with dragons. They know you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Thread Information