Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blight Update 173

Default Blight Update 173

Blight Update 173 has been applied to the Blight Testing Shard on Friday, August 21, 2009. It includes the following additions, changes, and fixes. Please use this thread to post bugs only. Do not use it for discussion of changes. Use this thread for discussion of changes.

Known Issues
    Dalimond and surrounding regions continue to be a work in progress and have undergone further changes related to the "Tier 2 Revamp".

New Gameplay Systems
    This patch introduces two new gameplay systems to Istaria, both of which will alter how some things work from the Dralnok's Doom expansion in particular.

Simple Damage:
    Simple damage is much like what it sounds, something that does straight damage without adjustment. The simple damage system has been applied to the key/chest system, for example, such that one key will always do enough damage (and just enough damage) to open one chest of the same tier. It is important to note that certain augmentations (buffs) will still cause a key to not work against a chest, so if you have an augmentation which changes your damage type for example, expect that the key you are using will not work. This is by design and not a bug.

Weapon Affinity System:
    With this patch we've also introduced the ability to have certain weapons, buffs, and other items provide a bonus or reduction in damage to specific monsters in the world. For example, Shaloth the Myloc Queen now truly can only be damaged by someone who is wearing the Galderos Heart buff. With this buff active, normal attacks will be applied to Shaloth, though her resistances will also still take effect. Without this buff, Shaloth is immune to any damage. This weapon affinity also applies to chests and Reklar presently, but plans are in the works to expand the use of this system to many other purposes in future updates.

Additions
    • The Saris in Kion have a new tavernkeeper, Ahnna Borai.
    • Ahnna Borai will offer a quest to players who wish to learn to cook and have 100 foraging
    • Ranger Calimir in Feladan now has new quests for Rangers and for non-Rangers (they are mutually exclusive)
    • Ciowiel the Outfitter in Feladan has a new quest for Outfitters (who complete part of the Ranger Calimir quests)
    • Essiel the Storm Disciple Trainer now has a new quest for Storm Disciples
    • Millie Blackhammer now has a new quest for player's who have completed all of the quests at the Blackhammer Farmstead
    • A new storm disciple, Antaniel, has arrived at the Imperial Outpost
    • Antaniel of the Storm at the Imperial Outpost now has a quest for Storm Disciples

Changes
    • Tweaked the Amethyst Golem treasure tables
    • Amethyst Golems now have a level range of 23 to 27 and the named from 26 to 29
    • Named amethyst golem formerly known as Chibycon is now known as a Massive Amethyst Golem
    • Myloc Hierophants will no longer do excessive damage and will also have lower health
    • Myloc Harbingers now have lower health
    • Kwellen Berserkers will now do less damage, but still have greater health
    • Ulaven's Letter of Credit and Miry's Letter of Credit are no longer tradeable
    • Frelic's Box of Goods is no longer tradeable
    • Lowered the coin value of Dire Wolf Hide
    • Kwellen Hide and Hide Strips can be sorted properly now
    • Mani's Fang no longer drops as part of standard loot and is now attuned
    • Rinos the Pawnbroker has left Kion for the Forbidden Zone
    • Lowered the recycle rate of Hillside Bastion to 120 seconds
    • Storm Disciple questable abilities, Way of Fire and Way of Ice, are now active abilities instead of passive
    • Iseru the Nature Keeper no longer carries the Dark Cyclone spell formula for general sale
    • Tweaked the treasure of Cave Crawlers, Carrion Crawlers, Murk Crabs and Brachina Beetles
    • Cleaned up the Marble and Marble Boulder Golem treasure tables
    • Cleaned up the Mithril and Mithril Boulder Golem treasure tables
    • Tweaked the treasure tables of Abomination Task-Masters, Ogre Rock-Haulers, Enraged Aegrors, Blight Hounds and Kwellen Berserkers.
    • Lord-Commander Jatell no longer gives out the Imperial Army quests. Scout Burris now handles this task

Fixes
    • Mohs the Diamond Golem will now have health and better stats when his level goes above 120
    • Master Metal Gears formula will now produce a quantity of 3 gears instead of 1
    • Master Alchemical Metal Powder formula will now produce a quantity of 2 powders instead of 1
    • Updated the cliff sides around Shepherd's Mountain so they don't look lame.
    • Maggot Entrails are now a rare technique component at Tier 1
    • Enchanted Key formulas now uses a Tinkering Workbench and Tinkering Spanner
    • Swarm Tyrant Shield is now truly consignable
    • "Nelthorr's Journal 32nd Awakening, 2352 B.R" is now tradeable
    • "Nelthorr's Journal 33rd Awakening, 2352 B.R" is now tradeable
    • Falinthris' Cipher and the Frozen Weapon Tech Kit are now only available if you are on the quest "Biggletorque: The Frozen Tower"
    • Tech Kits, Crest of the Blackhammer Clan and Fishing Mastery, are now consumed on use
    • Jatell's Training Sword now has a Hoard Value
    • Leftenant Carmichael Kincaid had a strange problem not explaining his quest about securing Delgarath. It seems he has regained his senses and his dialogue should reflect this.
    • Risen Bioscholars will again spawn around Delgarath
    • Quest "Gather Rare Components for Balit's Research" has better directions
    • Trophy quests for Greater and Lesser Ulmus beetles now correctly give half experience after the 5th turn in.
    • Brachina Beetle Gland Membranes will now drop as loot
    • Corrected the description of quest "Storm Disciple: Way of Ice"
    • Corrected the description of quest "Storm Disciple: Way of Fire"
    • Signpost in front of the Pawnbroker in Kion now contains the Pawnbroker/Tavern signs instead of Pawnbroker/Consigner
    • Fangs of Fury and Bard's Tail should properly reduce delay now by 5%
    • Expert Blighted Essence Orb Enchanting formula now requires 900 Enchanting to scribe
    • Beginner /Journeyman Regal Jewelry Repair and Regal Weaponry Repair (Metal) should again be viewable and usable
    • Quest "Scout's Quest: Assisting the Militia Surplus Officer" now properly says to kill five skeletons instead of ten
    • Quest "The Ghostbuster" can now only be obtained by spirit-casters (Reaver, Bloodmage, Spiritist)
    • Dung Piles around Delgarath will spawn again
    • Level 6 Wild Gruoks on New Trismus will spawn again
    • Quest "Sslanis Militia: The Defender's Blade" no longer indicates that you have to gather or loot Flame Essence before taking it to Sshranu. You simply have to bring Sshranu 20 units of Flame Essence.
    • Rift Strike monster ability will now display the proper name in combat feedback
    • Quest "Dragon: The Nature of Resilience" (previously known as "Dragon: Recover the Carapace of Gritus Maximus" now properly points players south of Kion instead of north. The quest also no longer sends the player to Zebeginia and its dialog has been updated.
    • Quest "Sslanis Marshal Quest: The Honored Dead Part 1" now properly tracks the killing of all levels of Weaker Sslik Skeleton Marauders.
    • Quest "Sslanis Marshal Quest: The Honored Dead Part 2" now properly tracks the killing of all levels of Weaker Sslik Skeleton Ravagers
    • Quest "Sslanis Marshal Quest: The Honored Dead Part 3" has an updated description and now asks you to kill Weaker Sslik Skeleton Protectors instead of Ravagers.
    • The final audience member at the Festival Grounds has gone home
    • Skulks of the world gathered for discussion. They decided the pointy end of a weapon is better in an enemy and not in one's own leg when walking.
    • Beetles now have a special attack animation and effect when spraying acid.
    • Wolf's Bane Aura incorrectly required just level 1 adventurer to take effect. It now requires players to be level 100.
    Last edited by AmonGwareth; August 21st, 2009 at 05:50 PM.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Default Re: Blight Update 173

NOTE: Please use this thread to post bugs only. Do not use it for discussion of changes. Use this thread for discussion of changes.

Non-bug related posts will be moved.

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

An important note was missed in the original list:

* Knowledge of Lairs quest will now properly join players to the Lairshapher school.

Bard's tail is really messed up now: Description says +95% recycle, which I have verified on spells. So a quick quickening breeze with a normal 50 second recycle takes around 95 seconds to recycle with the bards tail on...

Ability refreshing breeze wasn't affected.

Melee abilities are not affected by the +95%, but the tail is not taking 5% off either... tested this by using Ravage (2:00) 5% is 6 seconds, so the recycle should have dropped quickly down to 1:54 but I saw 1:59 after using.

Before this patch the bards tail was properly taking the 5% recycle off from spells, but not from melee.

Fangs of Fury crystal is not providing the 5% alacrity yet. Luckily it isn't +95%

Chickens on Wellstone (sp?) farmstead are of the giant variety and agressive. There are also quite a lot of them.

Drev

o Quest "The Ghostbuster" can now only be obtained by spirit-casters (Reaver, Bloodmage, Spiritist)

Should this include Spirit Disciples too?

-HratLi

HratLi SnowPelt : From Bounty to Chaos : Eyes of Istaria
    MultiCrafter, Spirit Disciple, Walking Bleed Attack.
    HratLi's Bucket of Fury : A Saris in cargo gear appears and beats on your foe.
    Damage :
    50-150 Attack Type: Bucket Duration: Until Dispelled Frequency: 0:02

In the Calamir's grip quest, he refers to the outfitter Ciowiel as "her"....

Ciowiel is the most flat chested, hairlipped female elf I have ever seen in an MMORPG. *grin*

Drev

Quote Originally Posted by HratLi View Post
    o Quest "The Ghostbuster" can now only be obtained by spirit-casters (Reaver, Bloodmage, Spiritist)

Should this include Spirit Disciples too?

-HratLi
    No, their exclusion was by choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Drevar View Post
    In the Calamir's grip quest, he refers to the outfitter Ciowiel as "her"....

Ciowiel is the most flat chested, hairlipped female elf I have ever seen in an MMORPG. *grin*

Drev
    Hmm, so he is. Er, now he is a she.

Chickens on Wellstone (sp?) farmstead are of the giant variety and agressive. There are also quite a lot of them.

Drev
    D'oh! Hahah

Mani's Bounty : Ranger Captain Taurorond doesn't acknowledge that I have killed Mani. Greeting him only comes up with his regular persistant action speech.

I did not have a tab set up for quest feedback unfortunately so I didn't see the text, if any when I killed Mani. I did get the usual Mani's fang. The quest says return the head, so I don't know if that is just textual "fluff" or if I should actually have a head in inventory.

Also the step in the quest journal hypenates the captain as Ranger-Captain Taurorond while the NPC is actually unhyphenated as Ranger Captain Taurorond. Could be something that simple.

Hmm, wasn't there another new quest involving a head for a bounty with the Delgarath content? Maybe another crossed keyword? *edit* Eh, shouldn't require a keyword mid-quest so doubtful this is it.

Drev
    Last edited by Drevar; August 25th, 2009 at 01:54 PM.

Mani's Bounty : Ranger Captain Taurorond doesn't acknowledge that I have killed Mani. Greeting him only comes up with his regular persistant action speech.

I did not have a tab set up for quest feedback unfortunately so I didn't see the text, if any when I killed Mani. I did get the usual Mani's fang. The quest says return the head, so I don't know if that is just textual "fluff" or if I should actually have a head in inventory.

Also the step in the quest journal hypenates the captain as Ranger-Captain Taurorond while the NPC is actually unhyphenated as Ranger Captain Taurorond. Could be something that simple.

Hmm, wasn't there another new quest involving a head for a bounty with the Delgarath content? Maybe another crossed keyword? *edit* Eh, shouldn't require a keyword mid-quest so doubtful this is it.

Drev
    The quest requires the head, but it was improperly dropping the fang instead. So unless you have the head you can't continue the quest.

Ref Mani's Bounty Quest and posts 11 and 12 above. On Order Shard killed Mani twice. The fang dropped first from first kill with quest incrementing to 1/1 based on the kill of Mani and stating that I should take the head to the Captain but head dropped from neither kill of Mani. In case it matters, Mani's Fang is not attuned though patch notes said it would be. Am cancelling quest and restarting to see if Mani's Head will drop with a fresh quest start.

Knossos

Quote Originally Posted by Knossos View Post
    Ref Mani's Bounty Quest and posts 11 and 12 above. On Order Shard killed Mani twice. The fang dropped first from first kill with quest incrementing to 1/1 based on the kill of Mani and stating that I should take the head to the Captain but head dropped from neither kill of Mani. In case it matters, Mani's Fang is not attuned though patch notes said it would be. Am cancelling quest and restarting to see if Mani's Head will drop with a fresh quest start.

Knossos
    Um, read my post. Its bugged.

Sorry Amon I misread your post.

Knossos

Patch note:

Amethyst Golems now have a level range of 23 to 27 and the named from 26 to 29
    end quote

So has the loot table for Amethyst Golems been changed so that they do not drop Trophys now? They did drop Trophys for levels 30-34. Is there a corresponding change to the Trophy Hunter Quests? I have no easy way to visit the lower level Trophy Hunter NPC's to see thier lists at the present time.

Knossos

Quote Originally Posted by Knossos View Post
    Patch note:

Amethyst Golems now have a level range of 23 to 27 and the named from 26 to 29
    end quote

So has the loot table for Amethyst Golems been changed so that they do not drop Trophys now? They did drop Trophys for levels 30-34. Is there a corresponding change to the Trophy Hunter Quests? I have no easy way to visit the lower level Trophy Hunter NPC's to see thier lists at the present time.

Knossos
    Amethyst Golems still drop trophys. The trophy quests will be updated with the rest of the t2 revamp.

Both Bard's Tail and Fang of Fury are still at Modify recycling by +95%. Healing spells are taking double the time to recycle. Seems to have reached live still with the bugs.
    Was nice to get Risen Bioscholars again but he is bugged, he does no physical damage at all. He only cast a few spells that miss like 95% of the time. Only damage I was taking was from his Spiked Scale. Battled him several time to double and triple check and no damage at all from him.
    Image, Chaos shard

Banner: Slayer of the Myloc Queen cannot be completed as it requires 1 Myloc Hair. The Queen drops the Myloc Queen Hair.

I am assuming that it wants to use the drop from Shaloth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster
    I'm gonna post in this one too!

Quote Originally Posted by Creme View Post
    Banner: Slayer of the Myloc Queen cannot be completed as it requires 1 Myloc Hair. The Queen drops the Myloc Queen Hair.

I am assuming that it wants to use the drop from Shaloth.
    Yes, that is a bug.

Thread Information