Thread: The Queen is Dead

Default The Queen is Dead

After a close to 2.25 hours of exhaustive fighting, the Myloc Queen, Shaloth, was killed on Chaos. Damage dealt was solely (no weapon techs were used aside from battle forged on a dragon claw) crystal based + on average, 1 -2 melee and/or spell damage. After getting her down to 300k, her HP jumped back to over 480,000. We groaned, but persevered. Her health only looked correct on 1 player; all the others showed her not budging under 13k+ hp due to some pretty horrible lag.

Great job on designing this fight, VI! The constant adds were challenging, as was Shaloth's massive damage outputting spiritual blast.

We look forward to another battle (with or without a patch on Tuesday)!

Sadly, we cannot figure out what to do with the epic token from Gaileach

Thank you VI, for the best battle in the game, to-date and for keeping us challenged and entertained for all these years

p.s. We wanted to do this fight before mylocs got made easier; to show that it is possible with their current HP/damage.

Signed,

CNA, $Texas, Underworld, XXX Collection, Shall Remain Nameless, etc. etc. etc.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Creme; August 24th, 2009 at 11:45 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster
    I'm gonna post in this one too!

Default Re: The Queen is Dead

Congrats- that was surely a legendary fight-
    which will go down in the annals of Istaria!

And thy for infos and hints.
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Grats on the achievement!

Great job! Glad you enjoyed the fight.

There is a use. Keep hunting
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Wow! Congrats!

awesome i cant wait to try
    ^.^ *Speed Demon of order..*

Congrats on what sounds like a great battle
    Gimbold, Ancient dwarf on Chaos
    Mottle, Ancient dragon on Chaos

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

Quote Originally Posted by Creme View Post
    After a close to 2.25 hours of exhaustive fighting, the Myloc Queen, Shaloth, was killed on Chaos. Damage dealt was solely (no weapon techs were used aside from battle forged on a dragon claw) crystal based + on average, 1 -2 melee and/or spell damage. After getting her down to 300k, her HP jumped back to over 480,000. We groaned, but persevered. Her health only looked correct on 1 player; all the others showed her not budging under 13k+ hp due to some pretty horrible lag.

Great job on designing this fight, VI! The constant adds were challenging, as was Shaloth's massive damage outputting spiritual blast.

We look forward to another battle (with or without a patch on Tuesday)!

Thank you VI, for the best battle in the game, to-date and for keeping us challenged and entertained for all these years

p.s. We wanted to do this fight before mylocs got made easier; to show that it is possible with their current HP/damage.

Signed,

CNA, $Texas, Underworld, XXX Collection, Shall Remain Nameless, etc. etc. etc.
    we commend those who completed this mighty deed!! our admiration for this accomplishment cannot be contained within the boundries of mere words!
    the crown declares huzzah for chaos realm - and for those actors in this great melee, thrice again!!!

many congrads on your great job, guys!! you all rule!!!!
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Congratulations!

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

Grats on slaying the queen. I say off with her head
    Vengeance 100/100/41 Lunus Dragon on Chaos
    79 Million Hoard
    Moregoth the Hunter 278 rating
    28 level 100 adventure classes

Great job!
    Tempus fugit, memento mori.

Congrats to you all!

Thumbs up Re: The Queen is Dead

Hurrah! Very well done!!
    English doesn't borrow from other languages. English follows other languages down dark alleys, knocks them over & goes through their pockets for loose grammar. -=Paraphased from James Nicoll=- Unicorn's Lady's Dalliance

Awesome! Well done on such an epic win.

Rakku

Thanks everyone for your kind words. It was a most exciting time

**** you guys are stubbon .

I do want to clarify that this fight did not last 2 1/2 hours "as intended"?...Its a bug that the thingy only does 1-2 damage I do believe .

Cuz if a single fight lasts 2 1/2 hours and working as intended..that's just..um...well I won't go off on that cuz I'm pretty sure that's not what's going on .
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Quote Originally Posted by Frith-Rae
    **** you guys are stubbon .

I do want to clarify that this fight did not last 2 1/2 hours "as intended"?...Its a bug that the thingy only does 1-2 damage I do believe .

Cuz if a single fight lasts 2 1/2 hours and working as intended..that's just..um...well I won't go off on that cuz I'm pretty sure that's not what's going on .
    Thank you Frith-Rae, I think

Yes, it was sheer stubbornness to do it and no it was not as intended as we fought her when the heart effect was doing 0 damage, but she did take small amounts of normal damage, as well as crystals processing. She also had a pretty decent sized group of hierophants, veterans, gatherers with her, as well as the occasional harbinger that decided to be friendly and pay a visit.

We had actually started off just trying to stay alive long enough to check out what the damage types were on us so we could figure out what the best types of armor would be in a "real" fight, but we decided to stick it through .

All in all it was a lot of fun

The fight Creme participated in was not "working as intended", no.

HOWEVER, the way Mylocs are now, including the Myloc Queen, is ALSO not "working as intended". Right now it is far too easy and far too quick to be able to take down mylocs and the queen with certain combinations of abilities.

We've had some great testing and feedback from some players on Chaos in the last couple days that will help us figure out what's happening better so that we can get the combat to be like it is intended, though, so I'm sure we'll get there.

Congratulations! Well done indeed!

Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Thread Information