Thread: Ceremonial Chest Scale

Angry Ceremonial Chest Scale

I am not happy.

Why you might ask. Well I had heard romours that the quest for Ceremonial Chest Scale was going to be removed from the game so I went and go it on two different dragons. Checked my quest log last night and guess what. The quest was gone. I have noticed some quest vanishing before and I assumed that it was down to the number on quests that I have active atm. However I logged the other dragon in the see if that really was the case. And guess what. The quest was gone from his log as well (where the was one other quest), and now Jatell does not offer the quest (at least that was in the patch notes) and nor does Burris.

So the quest has gone and so has the active quests (which was not metioned in the patch notes at all). I want them back!!

Freelancer

Default Re: Ceremonial Chest Scale

Quote Originally Posted by Freelancer View Post
    I am not happy.

Why you might ask. Well I had heard romours that the quest for Ceremonial Chest Scale was going to be removed from the game so I went and go it on two different dragons. Checked my quest log last night and guess what. The quest was gone. I have noticed some quest vanishing before and I assumed that it was down to the number on quests that I have active atm. However I logged the other dragon in the see if that really was the case. And guess what. The quest was gone from his log as well (where the was one other quest), and now Jatell does not offer the quest (at least that was in the patch notes) and nor does Burris.

So the quest has gone and so has the active quests (which was not metioned in the patch notes at all). I want them back!!

Freelancer
    I doubt this is intentional.

Daknor and Fafnir are still in game and likely need a reason to be hunted.
    Ignem Infernum - Abi in malum rem.
    Ixatchitxl the Defiler - Fafnir who? I was here first!
    Think! Its not illegal...yet.
    Adventuring: aka Genocide, Graverobbing, and Temple Desecration.

The quest is not gone. But you must complete the earlier Imperial Army quests to get it.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    The quest is not gone. But you must complete the earlier Imperial Army quests to get it.
    Ok. I am cool with that but I would have liked to have some warning before quest was removed from my log.

Thanks for the reply.

They probably had to be removed since they were not going to be completeable in the form you had them, the quests got moved to Burris. So anyone who still had quests they started from Jattel, would have a bugged quest.

On that point though .. the ceremonial chest scale and shield are fairly nice pieces of kit..historically, the quests that get you such items are around for a while and then disappear..if you have the item then you've a rare goodie - if not - you sit and go ooh when someone links one in the channels.

It would appear to me that the Dak and Faf quests were never intended to be permanent fixtures.

This could be true. However they never finished out the storyline either. Gruk The Frigid was next in line, but he never had a quest written for him.

Would be very nice to have good reason to hunt them again- it was always MUUUCH fun
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    This could be true. However they never finished out the storyline either. Gruk The Frigid was next in line, but he never had a quest written for him.
    Gruk the Frigid was never meant to have a story/quest for him.

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

*chuckles* that's just one of those player assumptions when there's 3 named, roughly equivalent nasties in an area... one had a quest, then another, so we look for the third. not sure what the epic prize would be though, one was for biped and the other for dragon... and i'm not keen on having to battle gruk 20 times for anything, so it's good to have it confirmed i did not miss something.

Quote Originally Posted by awdz View Post
    *chuckles* that's just one of those player assumptions when there's 3 named, roughly equivalent nasties in an area... one had a quest, then another, so we look for the third. not sure what the epic prize would be though, one was for biped and the other for dragon... and i'm not keen on having to battle gruk 20 times for anything, so it's good to have it confirmed i did not miss something.
    Why not? Gruk is an intersting fight and decently tough mob. He was added at the same time as Fafnir, so I think its safe to assume he was (going to be) part of that storyline.

He is nothing but a spellcaster, stun immune. Vengeance doesn't work on him since he does no melee attacks. He lands a nasty 63 second mezz/dot that can't be dispelled... You pretty much have to have a healer to take him on, and soloing may be possible but only from a distance (ranger/elar maybe). All his attacks did blight damage.

Seeing the pattern here? The ceremonial shield and scales were part of the best equipment to use against Gruk.

Yet more evidence that he was in fact next in line for that story that never progressed past fafnir.

Dev's: Why not put some interesting drops on him? Something. He's an under hunted epic boss.

Yet more evidence that he was in fact next in line for that story that never progressed past fafnir.
    No offense, but I wrote those events and quests and I can assure you there was never any storyline planned for Gruk.

Taking on a boss is an epic battle, requiring a well-prepared group. First few times, waaaaay cool. When there is a single drop that everyone in the group is vying for and they need 5 of them to complete the quest... after a while, the battle gets a been-there-done-that-are-we-finished-yet flavor.

I'd rather see the questing set up with needing to get some number of the underlings for each boss (5? 10? 20 may be pushing it, but ok), then take out each boss, and after getting all 3 looted pieces then you get the epic reward of scale/shield. Maybe the single drop per hunting group in this scenario would not be quite as frustrating? Though personally I'm a bit of a wimp and would like to see all participants get the needed loot for the quest when they help take out the big guys.

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    No offense, but I wrote those events and quests and I can assure you there was never any storyline planned for Gruk.
    Ok. But since he's a fun, tough, fight, why not do something with him?

Ok. But since he's a fun, tough, fight, why not do something with him?
    Maybe in the future, but for now we've done plenty for the high-end players and we're focusing on the lower end for a while.

Thread Information