Thread: Satyr Isle's a no fly zone now?

Default Satyr Isle's a no fly zone now?

I tried to fly my dragon out to Satyr Isles today and around each Isle I hit the almost invisible barrier (i say almost cause my screen did get a red tinge when up against barrier) that wasn't there before.

This on purpose or another accidently introduced bug?

Smaug

Default Re: Satyr Isle's a no fly zone now?

NM, i can fly there now, must of just been a glitch.

Smaug

how did you manage that, Smaug?

Can`t fly to Satyr since weeks- thought it was intentional.
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

My understanding was that players were never supposed to be able to fly to the satyr isles. However whatever code they use to prevent it seems to work randomly, some players can never cross, some can always cross (Like me), and others can randomly.

My understanding is that in 2004 during the event to free the satyrs, they did not want Dragons flying to islands before the tunnels to the teleporters had been built, harvesting resources to make talismans. The way it worked was that to kill the machine and certain mobs on say dahibi, you had to have a talisman crafted from resources from corvus (i forget which does which, just an example). So there had to be a minimum of 2 tunnels completed to even think of taking down one machine, and that would have required some luck.

iirc I was a hatchy during all the time that we built the tunnels and destroyed machines on the satyr islands... I might have became adult for the last machine kill, because I do recall attempting to fly to the islands. I hit the red walls. But usually I played my reaver since group ethereal blade used to last 1 minute and it helped add a fair amount of damage. (It was because of this tactic and event that the dev's nerfed group ethereal blade to near worthlessness, a group buff which lasts for only a single attack).

Anyway, after the event was completed on all shards, the devs said they took the red walls down. This change was one of those "flush the world cache to get it to work" things. I think a few of the walls got missed since we keep hearing about it after all these years. But there is no reason anymore to prevent flying to the islands.

Ah, interesting to know. On a similar vein, you cant fly from The tower of sorcery (Or magery? Well which everone is on the island just north of Mahagra) to Trandalar. Presumably you can fly from anywhere else on the main land to Trandalar either.

Quote Originally Posted by Tcei View Post
    Ah, interesting to know. On a similar vein, you cant fly from The tower of sorcery (Or magery? Well which everone is on the island just north of Mahagra) to Trandalar. Presumably you can fly from anywhere else on the main land to Trandalar either.
    Aye I tried gliding a hatchling from that tower to Trandalar. Got about half-way before hitting the wall and having to turn around sharpish to avoid drowning!! :|

Rakku

can you safely recall while gliding over water like that?

I don't think so, but you should have enough breath to make it to the bottom and recall safely before you drown
    I just lost the game.

Quote Originally Posted by jerk-o View Post
    I don't think so, but you should have enough breath to make it to the bottom and recall safely before you drown
    That doesn't work. Recalling while underwater is an instant DeathPoint, even if you are alive when you recall.

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    That doesn't work. Recalling while underwater is an instant DeathPoint, even if you are alive when you recall.
    Which is very very annoying if you by accident, fall in at a place you can't climb out.

Sorry for derailing, back to the original subject

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

Smaug:

You are not the only one to hit the Redwall of Despair. It happens to me every other time I try to go to the Islands. and now I cannot fly betwixt the islands once there. very frustrating. and this has been a reality with me ever since I completed my RoP in 2004.

I get really tired of it and avoid the Islands if at all possible.

Icabald Percival Dragon
    Order

can you still glide in the rift? its like exploiting the danger of this area

Quote Originally Posted by Vlisson View Post
    can you still glide in the rift? its like exploiting the danger of this area
    What does gliding in the rift have to do with the Satyr isles?

Thread Information