Thread: Imperial Army: Investiagte the sources of the Raids

Default Imperial Army: Investiagte the sources of the Raids

Hokay,

Since the last patch (Live Delta 173) you can no longer just go and greet Jatell and get the Faffy quest for the Chest Scale or the one the the Shield. Now you need to speak to Burris to get the quest AFTER you have done his other quests (not sure how many). So here we are. The quest log currently says:

Discover the Kwellen Raiders' true motives 0/1

Just wondering what I have to do here

Thanks

Default Re: Imperial Army: Investiagte the sources of the Raids

He tells you exactly what you have to do ... go kill the kwellen raiders and recover orders.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    He tells you exactly what you have to do ... go kill the kwellen raiders and recover orders.
    Ithai

You have to kill Daknor then you get the singed scrap hide which updates the quest. Don't kill the kwellen berserkers.
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

Normally I'd either post the same thing or be thinking it, but this quest really doesn't tell you what to do. You fly all over the indicated area and its surroundings looking for Kwellen Raiders and all you find is Kwellen Berserkers that you can't kill unless you have a lot of health. You avoid Daknor because he's a named and why would you have to kill a named for a quest that refers to plural normal creatures.
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

That's because Jattel doesn't know you have to kill him. He's a pompous figurehead of a commander, who takes the credit of work others do.

Luckily your fellow Istarians who are knee deep in WA battles can tell you how to proceed.

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    Luckily your fellow Istarians who are knee deep in WA battles can tell you how to proceed.
    That wasn't the case when I tried to do this quest a few months ago. Almost no one knew anything about it, and those few who did only had vague recollections of doing it years ago and no information to offer. We figured it was broken. Later I realised that most people don't even know the Imperial Outpost and its quests exist - when it's mentioned, they think of the Eastern Outpost.

I doubt the situation has changed much. WA = Satyr island comp' hunting and Dralnok's Doom.
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

Thanks for the Tips

Amon, I am sorry to tell you that the quest is not at all clear. I do however take Guaran's point that Jatell/Burris would not know who to kill so can not tell you. However, like Xoshara, the people that I did ask in game really couldn't remember what to do either.

I do suppose that if you really thought about it you could work out that the guy you had to kill was Daknor, as he is the leader of those Kwellens and should therefore have the orders you are looking for. But that is not consistent with the logic used in other quests in the game (I think NT deadlands quest uses the same thing but drops off an unnamed guy, first time as well. Correct me if I am wrong)

Once again thanks for the help.

Thread Information