Thread: The People of Order

Default The People of Order

Greetings to all,

When I log in and prepare for a few hours of high adventure and feats of daring, or perhaps something a bit more mundane such as hauling materials for my lair, I enjoy the ambiance of the goings on in the chat channels and being a part of the life of Istaria.

What I find myself wanting though is a better mental picture of the people I share this wonderful world with; what do they look like? What are their quirks and foibles? What are their stories?

For the folks who have shared server space for years, knowing the person on the other end of the chat is second nature - for the newer folks, we have to listen in for quite a while to build up a fairly vague image of the speaker.

So, to this end I'd propose creating a central repository here on the forums for the character details we cannot get in-game - things such as public backstories, interesting appearance, or even simply the old standby of height, weight, and eye color.

Being as we are all basically neighbors, the chances are good that we would all have a fairly good probability of identifying each other at range. So, rather than making simple gender mistakes or getting colors mixed up in a chat channel, we can all have a centralized location to get familiar with each other.

Now, due to the editing limitations on the forum here, one should probably stick to things that arent likely to change for some time. For example, you might want to leave out 'hatchling' if you're planning on becoming an adult any time in the near future. The same goes for explicit home (plot/lair) information unless you've been living in the same place since 2004...

So, by way of example:

• Name: Kayden Talonspark
    • Race: Dragon
    • Appearance: Kayden is small and lightly built for a Dragon, something that does little to offset his bookish Helian nature. His plated scales are a dark cerulean color but covering him snout to tail are whispy light blue patterns - making him look a lot like a primal spell-shard. Kayden is hornless and has little in the way of personal decoration, sporting only a lone silver band threaded through one ear-fin.
    • Quirks: Kayden has learned to read a few of the languages of the bipeds, but in order to comfortably read their tiny (by Dragon standards) text he has commisioned a custom pair of Gnomish reading glasses. These glasses, when not engaged in more rigorus persuits, sit either perched upon his snout or dangle from a fine silver chain around his neck, and are a prized posession. Kayden also speaks a few languages - most fairly well - and finds bipeds endlessly facinating, from a purely scientific standpoint of course.
    • Hooks: Kayden wants to be the world's greatest primal master, and he spends a great deal of time in study to achieve this. He is often found in Chiconis studying with Lisandia the Primalist, or out in the field delving ancient ruins for lost knowledge. He's a sucker for any tale of old and will listen intently to any elder's recounting of days gone by - then trot off to find where the story took place, look for artifacts, and carefully document the whole thing.

Default Re: The People of Order

Not everyone uses it "yet" but there are a lot of background stories of various dragons and bipeds on Order's Roleplaying Wikia.

Might be something for you to have a look at

Quote Originally Posted by Sssargon View Post
    Not everyone uses it "yet" but there are a lot of background stories of various dragons and bipeds on Order's Roleplaying Wikia.

Might be something for you to have a look at
    Aha!

Well, if there is something available (and better than a generic forum post) I'll have to get over there and have a look.

I dug around on the forums here for a few hours before posting this, just to make sure I wasn't missing something - and I still managed to miss something...

There has to be a better way of informing new players of all of the resources available. I just don't know what that way is... yet.

I think I found out about it via someone's signature.. and the Order Underground? Site.. forgot where o.o But yes, I don't think there's a post regarding it anywhere. Glad I could have of some help

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

orderunderground.org is a general blog about what's going on with the Order shard.

Also, roleplay.orderunderground.org is the roleplay wiki about the Order shard, with character, guild, plot, and story capable postings.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

romirez is very simple. a meleeing Lunus that, even though he is ancient, still has bouts of mischief in him, like a hatchling.

Thread Information