Thread: Narrah's Map Pack has been discontinued until further notice!

Smile Narrah's Map Pack has been discontinued until further notice!

My map pack has been completely discontinued! This is an edit, so that's why the words don't match what the subject line says. Anyways, it may come back some time in the future, but don't hope for it.
    Last edited by Narrah; September 10th, 2009 at 10:24 PM.

Default Re: Narrah's Map Pack has been discontinued until further notice!

"( I so like this map pack and it truly helps me find things I coudnt before the map pack came out. What ever reason you find to leaving, I hope it gets fixed and that you can once again, continue making this fabulous, much needed map again! Hope will never go away!

Quote Originally Posted by Peaches View Post
    "( I so like this map pack and it truly helps me find things I coudnt before the map pack came out. What ever reason you find to leaving, I hope it gets fixed and that you can once again, continue making this fabulous, much needed map again! Hope will never go away!
    Really! thank you. Had figured old timers has made their own over the years See, its my personal map marker file that I created over the years for my guild. I had never intended to have it posted to the game forum and certainly not without my knowledge.
    Image, Timeless guild

Thumbs up Re: Narrah's Map Pack is gonna be brought back!

I'm gonna be bringing back my map pack, but this time... lol... I'll make sure I don't steal Image's map pack that she uses for the guild... lol... Boy did she yell at me when I had told her I used her map pack... Now I realize that it was stupid to do that. So, this time, I'm going to be using my own markers and everything. I'm going to start from scratch. Basically, i'm gonna be releasing parts of the map pack one by one until it is complete. I will be starting with lesser aradoth, and the area from bristugo to the far south near the water and chiconis. I sure hope everyone will like it. And by the way, just one more time i'm going to say this, I'm NOT going to steal from Image's map pack again that she uses for her guild. I think i've learned my lesson

Default Re: Narrah's Map Pack is gonna be brought back!

You might want to skip the T1 and T2 areas for now, as those are different on Blight, and will be different on Live whenever there's a patch.

If not, go right ahead. In fact, yeah, go right ahead, then the unknown laws of the universe will cause the content patch to go live the week after you finish.
    You can get anything you want in life -- just make a lot of noise and bite the right people.

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

bureaucracy is the only constant in the universe - dr. 'bones' mccoy
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Thumbs up Re: Narrah's Map Pack has been discontinued until further notice!

I am going to start development on the first part of the map pack starting on December 20th, and the first release for the map pack should be released on December 26th, as I'm going in a week by week period. The second release should be in development by December 27th and should be released by January 2nd. Also, I have decided to cover only one region at a time, and if I finish a region before the next release date, then i'll start on the next. The first release will include lesser aradoth alone. The second release will cover the area from bristugo, to the shore, and to chiconis. the third release will cover the red part of the map where dralk is, and the fourth release will cover both deadlands, but i'm not sure about the future releases.

I haven't seen this map pack yet - is it different to the Map Pack 3.5? Does it still work in-game, or is it separate? Sorry if these questions have been asked before!
    Want to know more? Visit the Istaria Wiki!

Smile Re: Narrah's Map Pack has been discontinued until further notice!

To answer your question: Although i'm starting from scratch and putting my own markers into the map pack, it will not be the same, as it uses a file that is generated when you put a marker on the map yourself, it's called UIMapMarkers, and it goes into your prefs folder for your character, and also, it will be my work this time because i'm not using Image's UIMapMarkers file, i'm gonna be using my own. so that means i'll have to delete her map pack from my game files first and start adding markers, which means, i'll have no markers on my map once I delete the files, and then I can simply go into the game and mark things using the game's marking system. It will use all of the same marker looks and shapes, and the only thing my map pack does is mark stuff, so you can find everything. It is really useful actually, and it's much easier to just have that because then you don't really have to worry about bugs or anything. So yeah, I'm using the UIMapMarkers file that comes with the game, except i'm going to start out with no markers on the map and add the markers myself. So yeah... it's not the same as any other map pack, and this is the only one that uses that one method (At least for public map packs). So yeah.... don't worry... it will work fine!

Thumbs up Re: Narrah's Map Pack has been discontinued until further notice!

Okay, I may have said I'm going to wait, but I just changed my mind.... I'll try my best to do it on foot. lol
    Last edited by Narrah; December 23rd, 2009 at 03:46 PM.

Talking Re: Narrah's Map Pack has been discontinued until further notice!

Okay, I've decided.... I AM going to wait until I can fly before starting the map pack... so when I am able to fly, i'll work on the map pack. Just be patient and the first release will be made. Also, i'm gonna be using the same website as before, but also, i'm gonna start off from where I left off, which I think was v0.3 or v0.5? I'm not sure.. I'll find out soon enough. Another thing, if my map pack makes good progress, I might be adding my own colored markers, some new maps, and other stuff as well. Still, each of those things will be using the same old places as they should. Also, I MIGHT add a quest tracking system, which will help people through quests, if I can get it done.

Talking Re: Narrah's Map Pack has been discontinued until further notice!

Okay, i've decided NOT to make this map pack. I'm leaving the work of making map packs to others. I'm very sorry, but I just don't have the time. Thank you anyways.
    Last edited by Narrah; December 25th, 2009 at 07:13 PM.

Thread Information