Thread: Jewelry

Default Jewelry

Can anybody suggest where I can find a table which denotes what to add to jewelry for a particular school of crafting. I'm a bit stuck on enchanter in particular, but would like to see how close my previous efforts have been.

Default Re: Jewelry

Try the Hoizons Craft Calculator.

Download: http://hcc.reclamation.dk/

Olias- aren`t you an ol`mate from unity?

In case I`m right- good to see you again- which shard do you play?
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Indeed yes Luvwyrm, though sadly Olias didn't make the trip. I currently play on Chaos and I am Legion....for we are many.
    Maturity is overrated

Thanks for the help Guaran. Though what I want, and am proberbly too thick to see, is a list of - which statistic is best for a particular craft school. ie. a strength set of jewelry for blacksmith. Would an enchanter use a focus or maybe a power set?
    Maturity is overrated

easy way to see what *gifts* will influence a craft school, open a creation window to craft something that uses that school, cast a gift, see how it influences your optimal skill...viola! Now go hunt comps! Anyway, kind of a helpful process, tougher for dragons since they don't have access to casting gifts in quite the same way.

Thanks for the tip Alastar, only playing as a biped, I was not aware of the way that dragon crafting works.
    I need to explain myself a little better. If I was working my way through the fitter school, I could enhance my skills by teching tools and armor and casting gift spells. I could add, at stages, jewelry in bronze, silver etc. For a fitter I would use strength jewelry as a base, as this would, I believe, increase my overall ability in the areas of mining,smelting and fitting. I could then further enhance these skills by teching the strength jewelry with specific skills.
    So if strength is used for a fitter, what basic jewelry would I use for other crafts. Does dexterity jewelry as a base help carpenters across their range of skills? What of enchanters? Or,as I begin to think am I just talking a load of dwarven droppings.
    Maturity is overrated

http://horizons.gamersinfo.net/skills/default.php
    there was a site that had a nice list, but at least here you can see what % goes into the skill
    i know the site is a bit dated but i believe the info skill wise is correct.
    "Knowing others is intelligence,knowing yourself is true wisdom.
    Mastering others is strength,Mastering yourself is true power"
    by Lao-Tzu

Thumbs up Re: Jewelry

Thanks a lot Traveller, this helps a great deal, it would seem to show that a power set, teched of course, would be most benificail to the enchanter
    Maturity is overrated

Something else of note...I don't know what lvl you are in the schools...I had multiple sets of t3 cargo gear made up for the different crafting schools. Mainly because t3 comps are a lot easier to come by than t5 comps, and a full set teched specifically for a certain school can help your efficiency a great deal. Enchanter would benefit from a power and focus based set, as would scholar and spellcrafter.

Thumbs up Re: Jewelry

Thanks Alastar, if exp comes as quick as the help I've received on this question then I'll have no problems at all. May Ashlander Vandus bless the helpful community of Istaria.
    Maturity is overrated

Use the crafting calc to find out which techs can go where, since you can't put "Enchanting" on every piece.

Using gifts you can easily figure out which stats affect skills the most. I've made my own list which lists how much skill the t5 gift granted. It's good both for knowing what buffs you need as well as what type of jewelry to make crafting gear out of, and what stats to use in the few places where craft techs wont go at all:

Enchanting: Focus +8, Power +4

Essence Shaping: Power +7, Focus +4 Dexterity +1

Essence Harvesting: Power +7, Focus +4 Dexterity +1

So you would want to make the jewelry focus based for the most part, teched primarily with enchanting, then shaping, and finally harvesting. If none of those or only one applies to an item, put a stat on in addition if desired (generally the gain from stats on the gear is minimal anyway), and also consider blessings.

On ocassion the tech will give more stat than the jewelrys' base (+15 focus on a focus ring for example, but the focus V tech is +25), in which case you would want to make the jwl out of the second best choice for the base, and tech it with the best affecting stat (Power ring teched with Focus V for example). But this rarely works as most of the time the tech doesn't stack on that type of jwl, and you dont want to tech stats anyway unless none of the needed craft skills can tech directly to the item. Even blessings are better choice than stats themselves.

Mainly tho, find out what goes where, gather up the comps, and find a good crafter to help put it together. A good crafter will know what base to make the jewelry out of as well as best choices of techs to put where.

Thread Information