Thread: Howdy folks!

Default Howdy folks!

Howdy everyone!

After a 2 year absence, one I thought would not end, I am back home playing Horizons. ( I will always call it that regardless of it's official name )

I just wanted to stop in and explain why I came back.

After playing Horizons for the better part of 4 + years, I had become burned out and was looking for something new. I played various big name games, a few F2P games. I guess I was looking for something I thought those games could give me. I had believed that Horizons just didn't have what I was looking for.

But then I realized suddenly that what I was looking for, what these other games DIDN'T have, is exactly what I missed most from Horizons. Let me give a few examples to help explain.

Where as there is crafting in other games, it often turned out that to make even basic gear you needed lots of time and farming, or it would require rare drops from mobs that everyone else competed for. Bleh! In Horizons, I can personally gather and make anything I need by just investing the time. It doesn't depend on anyone else. And I can turn around and use those same skills to help others. A total win / win to me.

I also realized that in almost every other game there are limits placed on players that are artificial and somewhat silly at best, or diabolically designed to make you spend way more cash than is reasonable due to frustration prevention. In Horizons the only limits you really have are the one you place on yourself. If you need more healing power, take up cleric /healer. Your fighting mobs that require de-buffing, take up shaman. Spend the time and effort and nothing is withheld ( except if your a dragon )

All in all, HZ provides exactly what I'm looking for. So, here I am back home and having zen like fun for the foreseeable future

And to the Devs, Well done on the new content, quests, and t6 resources!

Now, I just need to figure out how to get more new players to join us all.
    Aamer Khan : The Eyes of Istaria : First Herald of Istaria
    Helper to those in need, Guide to the newly gifted, Friend and neighbor to all.

Cool Re: Howdy folks!

Welcome home, Aamer!

Sent
    N.B.: I reserve the right to be wrong and exercise it frequently.
    AzureFire - Spiritist - Chaos
    Glormf Sulfurous - Hatchie - Chaos
    Ruddy Bloke - Reaver - Chaos

Default Re: Howdy folks!

Welcome back Aamer !

*serves AamerKhan some delicious klava presented with a towel and a curtsy*
    welcome home! :-)

So good to see you`re back, Aamer- welcome home

And I agree with you: Flame and me tried èm all too.
    Flame sometimes spend some weeks /month in a knew game (but never left Istaria- he does not want to be a single again )
    I never was patient enough to find out where the hidden qualities of a new game were- or if it could be better than HZ.

Well burn out- that indeed is a prob some of us have. Me included.
    Nothing bad about a break (as long as the account is paid^^).
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

most welcome home, my dear aamer!!! i remember you from the forums! glad to see you back!
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Welcome back. It is good to see returning players. I can't say that I remember you.... which shard are you on.

Anywhos... good to have you around.

welcome back
    Nisse 100 Helian/Nissei 100 Lunus/SShiak biped (All on Chaos)

Wink Re: Howdy folks!

Welcome back! Hope your having as much fun as I am!

welcome back Aamer very few players ive met in my time in this game has had such a huge impact on the game like you have had. to see you back is a great thing, i look at you as one of the founding fathers of the game. its odd how we can sometimes set out in search of someing better or something we feel we need, travel the world in search of what was right in front of us the whole time, welcome home my old friend

Gothos of Chaos, second Saris of Istaria to achieve adventure rating of 278

welcome back
    ^.^ *Speed Demon of order..*

Thread Information