Thread: I return, I leave, but should I really Return again?

Blog Entries

Default I return, I leave, but should I really Return again?

I Joined this game back before the one company nearly slammed it into the ground, I forgot the name honestly, but they took over when the other one went bankrupt.

I watched many of my old friends leave, those I had RP ties to IC leave, and then I too, soon left.

I returned then to only find everything had changed, many I knew had changed(which is to be expected), and that the game no longer had that feel.. kinda like my character was sorta like an outcast sitting on the side-lines.
    So I left...

So here I come again, but this time, I ask the community itself if I should return or not. I have been on and off, I do have an adult dragon, who got his marks for being such by proving his worth to the elders.
    I love this game, I really do, I talk about it allot actually in passing from time to time...

But, I am just not sure if I should return or not, or continue to be a wraith on the passing streams of the games once great history.
    Its a strange spot to be in really and never thought I have to experience such a spot to be stuck in.

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

Default Re: I return, I leave, but should I really Return again?

well, neva, personally i don't think it is fair to ask others to make your decisions for you.

i suggest you examine what you like about horizons and what you dislike about horizons. if what you like about horizons is more than you dislike, stay.
    if not, leave.

if you don't want to be here, the game is no fun for you and no fun for anyone who tries to play with you.

only you can make this kind of decision, not us.
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Neva, as the Queen of Cheese said, only you can decide. One thing you might consider is starting a new character and experiencing the low level content that has been revamped in 2006 and 2008 (Spirit Isle, Skalkaar, New Trismus and Lesser Aradoth).

You might find that starting anew could help you get back into the flow of the game and avoid the overwhelming sense that can sometimes come with trying to jump back into a high level character that you have mostly forgotten how to play.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

I have been gone for aprox two years, recently returned and am having a blast!

only advice i can give is to try it ^^ you dont have to keep playing if you doing enjoy it. and what ever shard you are in a good place to meet people are in chats look at the chats and pick one.. dragon. marketplace epic mobs. role play.

if you are on chaos shard i would have to recommend crimson dawn chat channel. you dont have to be in the guild and they are very friendly.

Blog Entries

Yes, I know-- perhaps bad of me to ask others to make a choice, but I suppose it is because I am on a flip coin.
    You end up remembering things from several years back, remembering the events that unfolded.
    Many days were good days, and there was less bad days back then.

However, when you return, you find everything changed including the way many interact to even how they end up seeing you.

Though yes, the concept of starting over with a new character has came to my mind, the only thing that only bothers me with it is so much progress was made with my old one, even as low of a level he is(like 22? 28? somewhere in there), that I know for a fact, somewhere in the back of my mind, it wont be as good.
    Then again, maybe I'm just not being optimistic enough.

I am sorry for asking such a question, and yea, I probably give it another shot at some time here.
    After all, I wouldn't be asking and talking if I was not already looking into ways to convince myself to return, cause that just mean somewhere in my confusing head I have already decided to return.

I guess I'm still just getting over shell-shock.

no worries but i think you will find if you do give it a shot on your older dragon you will remember things .. they do tend to come back and the community is great if you have a question simply ask also if u really read through the quests covos they are pretty accurate. to help there are map packs available as well as other mods that could give you a paw

may you return when the time is right

Thread Information