Thread: Client build 383.21 up on Blight

Talking Client build 383.21 up on Blight

Work for this build was focused on fixing a couple of longstanding issues with text in the game.

· Text links in NPC dialogs, guild manager screens, and item drag/drop to text input should underline/color starting and ending at the correct positions.

·Deleting text from an input line should no longer randomly blank out more chars than were actually deleted.

Please report any other text related issues that still occur.

--
    P.S. Known Issue: If the font size of a window is changed, the text in the window doesn't re-wrap correctly. New text wraps fine. Still trying to figure out why this happens.

Thumbs up Re: Client build 383.21 up on Blight

Quote Originally Posted by Fridlekh View Post
    Work for this build was focused on fixing a couple of longstanding issues with text in the game.

· Text links in NPC dialogs, guild manager screens, and item drag/drop to text input should underline/color starting and ending at the correct positions.
    Thank you for this!!!!!!!

It may seem like something very little, but the misplaced underline/color in text was one thing I noticed instantly, having just resubbed, playing a new character. I shall go and test this most happily!

Fixing the underlining and text wrap will help give an overall more polished feel, IMHO. Or maybe I'm just too picky about things like that!

*scampers off*

Default Re: Client build 383.21 up on Blight

Quote Originally Posted by Fridlekh
    Deleting text from an input line should no longer randomly blank out more chars than were actually deleted.
    !!! Singlemost annoying chat bug that's been around since I've been playing. I will be happy to see this gone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster
    I'm gonna post in this one too!

Quote Originally Posted by Creme View Post
    !!! Singlemost annoying chat bug that's been around since I've been playing. I will be happy to see this gone.
    QFT!

post too short yadda yadda
    Nisse 100 Helian/Nissei 100 Lunus/SShiak biped (All on Chaos)

myself and a few others are having issues that at random times after porting the terrain, structures and objects simply wont load and we are forced to relog.

it does not happen everytime but after few ports.

please view the jpeg image attachment to see.. note that I waited for 20 minutes before posting this screenshot
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Great Phoenix View Post
    myself and a few others are having issues that at random times after porting the terrain, structures and objects simply wont load and we are forced to relog.

it does not happen everytime but after few ports.

please view the jpeg image attachment to see.. note that I waited for 20 minutes before posting this screenshot
    As far as I know, nothing has changed in teh terrain code between 383.20 and 383.21

Still... when this happens:

1) Are you running with or without the loading screen on?

2) Are you porting somewhere nearby (within your terrainunloaddistance), or far away?

3) Are you porting somewhere you've been before?
    3a) this session?

Terrain bugs like that (maybe not exactly that one) have been around longer than this build, as I know I've had it happen to me in the past.

I run without the loading screen and I've had it happen away from any ports, as in I -run- to an area that won't load. In fact, I don't recall any time it happened after a port, only running into land that doesn't load. Generally that will be the first time I was in that area in that session.

I can't recall what fixed it - either a relog or a world cache clear - as it's been a while since it happened last.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

As far as I know, nothing has changed in teh terrain code between 383.20 and 383.21

Still... when this happens:

1) Are you running with or without the loading screen on?

2) Are you porting somewhere nearby (within your terrainunloaddistance), or far away?

3) Are you porting somewhere you've been before?
    3a) this session?
    1 = yes, dont see how that can cause terrain/structures to not to load
    2 = no for nearby, yes for recalling far away after completing quests
    3 = yes, I recalled a few times to chiconis after completing quests
    3a = yes

Just wanted to add -- I quested around a bit on Blight last night and the text links looked great! So far, so good! Thanks again.

The ability to disable the loading screen is there for specific design purposes (like making effects and testing locally without connecting to a server) and not supported for general use. If the same thing happens with the loading screen enabled, then more debugging can be done from that point.

Something to look at is the lagwindow -- /window lagwindow -- which contains some diagnostic info in the interface for terrain requests pending answers ... looks like 0v0q or 2v21q etc. the number before v is the number of terrain version requests outstanding, and the number before q is the number of terrain masks that have been requested and are waiting.

If you're seeing missing terrain, something's wrong. if those numbers are 0, then the client either hasn't requested the terrain info for whatever reason, or failed to process the response ... logs might show if there were errors.
    Last edited by Fridlekh; October 10th, 2009 at 03:28 AM.

Something to look at is the lagwindow -- /window lagwindow -- which contains some diagnostic info in the interface for terrain requests pending answers ... looks like 0v0q or 2v21q etc. the number before v is the number of terrain version requests outstanding, and the number before q is the number of terrain masks that have been requested and are waiting..
    You mean:
    the number before v is the number of terrain version requests outstanding, and the number after q is the number of terrain masks that have been requested and are waiting. Right?

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    You mean:
    the number before v is the number of terrain version requests outstanding, and the number after q is the number of terrain masks that have been requested and are waiting. Right?
    Yes that is what he meant.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Thread Information