Thread: Energy Bone Splinter?

Default Energy Bone Splinter?

I'm a level 100 ancient dragon who's recently come back, and I'm trying to do the lightning breath quest.

So I need an energy bone splinter. Trying to kill stuff in the western deadlands, but I've been mobbed and killed twice, each time because the animations absolutely must play. Even if I die.
    I try to take off to save my bloo butt, but. :/

My scales, while they are marble, are only teched with tier III for the most part.

But it does not seem right that level 70 something mobs should be able to kill me this badly. I certainly don't feel ancient.
    Nisse 100 Helian/Nissei 100 Lunus/SShiak biped (All on Chaos)

Default Re: Energy Bone Splinter?

Nisse,

Let me save you some time and trouble. What the quest log tells you is incorrect. The energy bone splinter doesn't drop in the Western deadlands. It only drops in the Northern deadlands.
    I was killing things in the WDL's for days, no splinter.
    First hunt in the Northern deadlands and I get my energy bone splinter. Try there, just near the southern gate.
    Those mobs will be earier for you too.

D'oh! Thanks for the pointer.

and Nisse, stay patient- splinter hunting is a pain and the drop rate is rare.
    Best you ask someone to help you with that.
    We use to help our mates with that. At least you do not die alone

No- kidding- an ancient drag or a nice biped will do^^
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Thanks everyone, I put some hurt on the skeles up north this morning and got my lightning breath!

Delaware, USA that little state no one knows about XP

I dunno, I found energy bone splinters from T4 (Western Deadlands, Aughundel) skeletons before unless they recently changed this. Oh well, it's been quite some time since I've done the breath quests.
    Anariah, Callihan, Selarth, Osiron, Asandra, Azayan, and Zefani of the Order Shard
    Want a pic of your character? Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by BrightCat View Post
    I dunno, I found energy bone splinters from T4 (Western Deadlands, Aughundel) skeletons before unless they recently changed this. Oh well, it's been quite some time since I've done the breath quests.
    This was changed a little while ago. ND is the place to go now, which is great cause it is a much nicer place. Not saying the I would build a summer home there but the trees are quite lovely.

I can confirm that they, today, drop in the Western Deadlands. Took about 4 hour to find one, (about 10 skellies spawn I think)...
    Be sure to visit Kaa and admire his nice epic spell ;-)

Happy Gamin'
    Royall on Order / Royal_wind_unity, Royall on Chaos
    Dinsdag on EU-Evernight (LOTRO)

Thread Information