Thread: death points

Default death points

I know that to remove death points you either a) wait them out; or b)find a tavern and eat a bunch of food. Could dragons be able to "hunt" for some food to remove death points? We could hunt and eat deer, grulets, grouks, perhaps those giant chickens and cows or anything else food appropriate. Is this something that would be possible?

Lets face it, dragons would rather hunt and kill their own food. At least I know my hatchlings would. And the only benefit for hunting would be hastening the removal of death points. Also, it could be geared with the different tiers in mind.

A T1 hatchling would only be able to hunt the deer, and low level grulets and grouks. As you go up in level you can hunt the higher level animals.

I'm sure someone with more knowledge of the game can chime in here with a better rating system but at least the suggestion is out here. Thank you for listening.

::three sets of dragon eyes peer out from the shadows, hoping that this option would become available::
    Chaos - Kinrath - Ancient, Crafter, Lairshaper,
    Ashlind - hatchling, Corinnia - training biped
    Sparkled Sunbeam - hatchling

Default Re: death points

All that food that people eat to get rid of death points is made by Confectioners. Not only would dragons getting the ability to have a free lunch be unfair to bipeds who would still have to pay for their food, but it's also depriving Confectioners of their use and income.

Now, I'd be all for there being more dragon-appropriate foods, but they'd have to be Confectioner-crafted because of those issues.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

how about a Dragon Confectioner school

1st recipe Roasted Gnome

1 gnome tenderised
    10 diced potatoes
    4 slices carrots
    4 chopped onions
    6 beef stock
    salt and pepper to taste

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Stonetooth View Post

1st recipe Roasted Gnome

1 gnome tenderised
    10 diced potatoes
    4 slices carrots
    4 chopped onions
    6 beef stock
    salt and pepper to taste

Dunno, dragons kind of come across as obligate carnivores to me.
    Nisse 100 Helian/Nissei 100 Lunus/SShiak biped (All on Chaos)

Dragons being able to make their own food was discussed quite a bit during the early stages of the Confectioner revamp and then again later in 2007 when Virtrium got Istaria back.

But both times it was decided that while it makes sense for Dragons to be able to "cook" food or even just eat meat raw it would detract from Confectioner and create one more disconnect between dragons and non-dragons. And we didn't want to do that.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Okay.. I can understand the points presented. Just wondered if there was a way to impliment it some way. perhaps someday a system could be worked out.
    Chaos - Kinrath - Ancient, Crafter, Lairshaper,
    Ashlind - hatchling, Corinnia - training biped
    Sparkled Sunbeam - hatchling

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Stonetooth View Post

1st recipe Roasted Gnome

1 gnome tenderised
    10 diced potatoes
    4 slices carrots
    4 chopped onions
    6 beef stock
    salt and pepper to taste

go that direction and i'd consider a different approach to roasting dragons than the welcome-to-new-guild-members...

Thread Information