Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dragon games

Default Re: Dragon games

dragon flying... wheeeeeereeeee? I can have some screens of the dragon flying or even a vid? (humans killing dragons is meh, but dragons killing dragons is ok XP)

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Hello, I have found that game, for Nintendo DS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMcNWa1zphc

Found on Nintendo DS as well: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/eu...gonology/58620

Not sure it's an interesting one, but there are Dragons.
    Firebrandcrest Arma: Ancient Helian Dragon | Dragon 100 / Dragon Crafter 100 / Dragon Lairshaper 100 / Dragon Crystalshaper 100 (Order) | My MODs: Zexoin's and Firebrand's Sound Emotes Pack v2.5.4.0, Alternate Dragon Bolt Casting v1.4, Old Istarian Ambiance v1.0.8.

Yay!

Fun book to read. I have the Dragonology game too.
    Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

The Breath of Fire series. turn into dragons...you're kinda a were dragon in it.

The Drakengaurd series. Ride dragons

Dragon Age - new. mostly slaying dragons mind ya.

Panzer Dragoon series.

Legend of Dragoon. transform into dragons or half dragons.

some RPG...star ocean maybe...dragons were important because people used their crap aka diamonds for fuel and magic and trade....kinda nasty.

Dragon Quest 1-8. can eventaully in some of them turn into a dragon.

Dragon Warrior 1 - 10000000

Heroes of might and magic lets you command dragons in armies.

Then there's good old fashioned Dragonlance PC games.

There's D&D tabletop (not a video game but whatever.)

XBOX 360 has Blue dragon, the main character has a dragon that fights for him.

List is pretty long actually.
    Ignem Infernum - Abi in malum rem.
    Ixatchitxl the Defiler - Fafnir who? I was here first!
    Think! Its not illegal...yet.
    Adventuring: aka Genocide, Graverobbing, and Temple Desecration.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebrand View Post
    Found on Nintendo DS as well: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/eu...gonology/58620

Not sure it's an interesting one, but there are Dragons.
    I must say in my opinion both DS titles look a bit ropey... but then I found that with so many titles that I ended up ebaying my DS. I still have my old GBA (still occasionally used for Out Run and the immortal Bubble Bobble (more dragons-ish)).

I fear a proper dragon game on a hand-held may be a way off given their current power. Glyder on iphone is interestingly different.

Rakku

Quote Originally Posted by Takora Drakan View Post
    dragon flying... wheeeeeereeeee? I can have some screens of the dragon flying or even a vid? (humans killing dragons is meh, but dragons killing dragons is ok XP)
    There's a whole bunch of Ego Draconis videos out there, however I've just added one to the pile.

Once it's finished processing, it should work here... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xt8kB27RAE

It's jerky since I made it on my laptop and fraps + ego draconis made it cry even at 10fps. The sound is... interesting. ... and my 'free' video editor (avidemux) kept corrupting the end so it stops about 5 seconds early.

In case you're wondering... the strange shimmery effect I won't fly into are no-fly zones. You go in, your health dives fast. They're in the shape of spheres enveloping some areas. I don't know if you can destroy whatever causes them yet.

Anyway enjoy.

Rakku

Sweet mama jama I need that game

Dragonnnnnnnnnn flying yay

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Sweet mama jama I need that game

Dragonnnnnnnnnn flying yay
    Be ready for quite a bit of running about beforehand. At my below-average rate of playing games (I had exams all over last weekend and I've just moved hosue) it took a fortnight to get to this point where you can use dragon form freely. There are some tough boss fights to get through too. Reviews point out that this is a pretty hard game, made harder by some duff/buggy goings on. I've written a little more about that on the youtube post.

It's fun enough to play, but with just a bit more spit and polish it could be really awesome. Oh for a patch to get the game out of it's half-beta state... but hey for anyone who loves the dragons in Istaria, this is fun for when you're offline - especially since Drakan won't work on Vista or Win7 it seems.

Rakku

Random remembrance... this obviously isn't a Video game, but for Tabletop... Fireborn. Insanely great concept for a tabletop game. Basically, you play the reincarnated soul (in human form) of a dragon from Atlantis. As you're rediscovering your old draconic powers, you start having flashbacks of your previous life as a dragon (these are fully playable flashbacks. Yes, you get to play your dragon self). Turns out, something Evil(tm)(c)(patent pending) destroyed Atlantis, and you were not able to stop it. The evil survived, you didn't. Problem is, you can't remember what the Evil was, and now that magic is on the rise again, you have to figger out what the Evil was, and how to stop it before it destroys everything again.

The dice system is pretty clunky, but the world/concept is GREAT. Unfortunately, the company that made the game is gone as I recall. There was going to be a high "level" expansion that finally allowed modern PCs to get full dragon form.
    SiLang Drag 100, Dcra 100, Dlsh 100 100M Hoard Ancient Dragon of Flight of the Order Shard
    Parcasta Storm Disciple 44, ARM 88, BLK 100, CRP 25, ENC 23, FIT 88, GTH 80, JWL 40, MIN 80, MSN 82, OUT 100, SCH 100, TLR 10, WPN 88, WVR 21

Got Divinity II: Ego Draconis today (collectors edition box ), I was like yeah why not, so I ordered it. Inside was a 20 cm tall figurine of the hero (?) of the game with a sword for him, which is also a letter opener, I have to say the figurine is meh, but the SWORD I SO SHINY AND PRETTY AND WHAT NOT LOL

Yeah a nice poster along in the box, I might consider to frame it since the niiiiicee dragon is on it, and a cloth map, lol it looks like a handkerchief Oh and the game along with a extra cd of the sountrack.

What really surprised me in the game that you could have a female hero (YAY) which is rare among those rps games somewhat, so I was happy. Could not play much today, but I played until i got stuck between 2 chairs in the windmill because I wanted to snatch a apple from the table, that servers me right I think xP

I made a dudette as swordsman, you know SPARRRTAA all the way.

Got Divinity II: Ego Draconis today (collectors edition box ), I was like yeah why not, so I ordered it.
    Aye I did the same with Aion... not too sure about the plasticy figure either. Figured you'd like the game Takora...

Just put another Divinity video on Youtube showing a little more dragon fighting in the same area as before, but progressing a little further. The scream at the end makes me laugh lol...

Find it here... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cU969ZqnjLI (last check it hadn't finished processing ... but at least your ears don't bleed on this one).

Rakku

Amazing, makes me REALLY glad that I chose to invest on a laptop with a good videocard/etc. Someone on DA recommended me Divinity 2, his magic words were "lets you control a dragon". I was sold immediately.

I just didn't know that it was out on Europe already. Guess I'll have to start searhing. (assuming I'm able to get it for Christmas.)

Oh, and I was so sure that I already posted on this thread before, but seems like I haven't. I guess there isn't much new to say though. Everyone here has already listed all of the dragon games I know.

I of the Dragon is one of those I STILL need to find a copy of. I admit I did *cough*download*cough* it once, now THAT was one lovely game. It seems to be impossible to find the physical thing anywhere, I've looked.

(Ooh, and Lair. I'm still angry of all the 5's and 'worst game on Ps3' claims it got from reviewers and other gamers. Surely, it may not be the best game out there, but it definitely wasn't the worst, either. It was still entertaining, so dang beautiful, and the sixaxis controls really weren't that bad if you just used time on the tutorial level to figure them out. )
    Last edited by Salama; December 12th, 2009 at 04:12 PM.

Racia Trejan & Trica - Helians of Chaos
    Salama Lizran - Lunus of Unity --> Chaos (alive but retired)

Quote Originally Posted by Salama View Post
    Amazing, makes me REALLY glad that I chose to invest on a laptop with a good videocard/etc.

I just didn't know that it was out on Europe already. Guess I'll have to start searhing. (assuming I'm able to get it for Christmas.)
    Aye me too. Can't go anywhere without being able to play games. That said, I hate not having decent internet even more... waiting for broadband to be installed in my new flat so I'm living off slow mobile net (*think* 33k modem ). *shudder*

Divinity is out on Pc, and is available on play.com. The x360 version seems to be lagging, but I don't know why. I of the Dragon - I looked on ebay but nothing found. It's probably one of those games that people Never sell once they own it, so our good friends at the Bay of Five-Finger Discount folk may be the only way to play the game.

As for Lair... I must admit I never played it properly. I must try it again from the beginning. I didn't think much of the controls when things got busy. It reminds me of Dropship on ps2... that had an amazing control system, but unfortunately you had to be RAF material to master it *fail*. I'm waiting for Sony to exchange my Ps3 since the hdmi socket is faulty, so it's a fancy door stop at the moment. Not cheap to exchange either, but much less than a new console, that wouldn't run my ps2 stuff anyway...

Rakku

The sixaxis control of Lair is not that bad, and it has also a lock-on system, so when you train a bit in the tutorial with your dragon, you get soon in the flow of the game.

I love the air battles with the dragons, and the special moves

I know this isn't a game where you play a dragon, but the banshee's in Avatar are pretty fun once you get over the awful controls...

Rakku
    Attached Images Attached Images

Uhhhh this looks awesomesauce I might need to buy this game!

Uhhhh this looks awesomesauce I might need to buy this game!
    I put some more snaps in the Avatar movie thread here...

Rakku

*Drools on the table*

Ahem, excuse me, I need to think now if I order the game for my ps3 or for my PC, but I think ps3 is just more awesomesauce with graphics.

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit View Post
    .... the awful controls...
    I don't care what the game is, this right here is my deciding factor. Good to know to gamefly this one first.

Thread Information