Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New in the merchandise store...

Default New in the merchandise store...

Congratulations Awdz!

Description: Follow the adventures of Awdz as she learns about the evil in her homeland and works to restore Istaria. Have a cup of klava and watch gnomish innovation in action!

Details..
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Default Re: New in the merchandise store...

Wow! Let me be the first to say -- VERY VERY cool! Go Awdz!

Well done Awdz, your the driving reason I still play Istaria and now I'm forking over cash for a book....your becoming an expensive friend to have. LOL You know I'm only joking, well about the expensive part you are the main reason I'm still awake as often as I can be in Istaria, can't wait to read it.

Couldn't be prouder to count you amongst my friends than any I've met in any realm, be they fictional or real.

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

awesome, awdz!!! you rule!!
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Thumbs up Re: New in the merchandise store...

YEA!!!! It is finally out!!!!!! WOOT!!!!!

Congrats Awdz! I will be looking forward to reading it as soon as a copy gets to me.

Now where's my purse? *Goes off to order her copy*
    English doesn't borrow from other languages. English follows other languages down dark alleys, knocks them over & goes through their pockets for loose grammar. -=Paraphased from James Nicoll=- Unicorn's Lady's Dalliance

Thank you all so very, very much!!!

I had so much fun writing it, bringing all my antics into a cohesive story. I had to redo a substantial amount of it because Virtrium already had an explanation for the observatory being overrun, so my attempt to explain it got cut and I took the book a different route. I think it worked out really well, though. :-)

I was particularly delighted that I was able to describe so much about Rachival culture; Virtrium allowed lots of leeway there. Later parts in the book are more reflective of my in-game roleplay - a bit of gnomish mischief mixed in with everything I do. ;-) I was really pleased Virtrium let me accomplish what we did in this book!

I think it's a fairly easy, fun read, and I hope you like it!! :-)

One other thing - isn't the cover art Gengel did gorgeous?! I should have been less verbose on the back so you could see the awesome job she did depicting the prototype klava maker! :-)

Yay Awdz!

Thanks! :-)

One other thing I'd just like clarified... I think this is considered to be a canon document with regards to the Istarian lore it contains?

Originally from Palmyra, now "South Selen".

Smile Re: New in the merchandise store...

Larger

Gengel's Gallery

Enjoy!

~<Gengel>~

Thank you for putting that out for everyone to see, Gengel! I'm still thrilled every time I see it! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by awdz View Post
    Thanks! :-)

One other thing I'd just like clarified... I think this is considered to be a canon document with regards to the Istarian lore it contains?
    Part of the publishing process is going over the lore points to make sure they are consistant with the established canon. However, because the stories are told from the character's perspective, sometimes the information presented is colored by what the characters in the stories know, and that information may not be totally accurate.

Therefore, what's in the novels can be best described as "mostly canon". Our authors can attest that anything problematic was removed or changed before publication, so, yes, anything that made it into print has tacit approval from a lore perspective. However, please keep in mind that the only lore items which are 100% canon are those posted to the lore section by the development team or which appear in-game.

If anyone has specific questions about historical lore points that appear in an Istaria novel, please post them in the Lore section.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Talking Re: New in the merchandise store...

YEA! My copy already arrived on Friday evening.

Boy, you were a little dickens when you were a kid, weren't you Awdz!
    English doesn't borrow from other languages. English follows other languages down dark alleys, knocks them over & goes through their pockets for loose grammar. -=Paraphased from James Nicoll=- Unicorn's Lady's Dalliance

Quote Originally Posted by Unicorn's Lady View Post
    YEA! My copy already arrived on Friday evening.

Boy, you were a little dickens when you were a kid, weren't you Awdz!
    *giggles* I really did have fun writing it...

@ LaughingOtter - many thanks for the clarification!

Hey, a new cookbook! Sweet!

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    Hey, a new cookbook! Sweet!
    Complete with a chapter on roasting a hatchling. Bet you could feed quite the Thanksgiving horde with one of those!

I thought hatchlings were used in stews

? Hatchlings might stew if they get in a pickle...
    I just like to roast them when they first arrive in guild, for a real taste of Istaria. :-)

I received my gnome cookbook, very nice. Haven't read it yet, finishing up another book first.

I'd like some input on a suggestion made to me. One person who read my book (and thoroughly enjoyed it) pointed out that when I changed the plotline, I left a thread hanging regarding Awdz's parents. They want me to resolve it in a sequel.

I like the idea but want to wait until after the tier II revamp before working on it. In the meantime, I'd really appreciate any feedback on my first book, what worked, what did not, and what I should try to be more careful about in future writing. Anyone care to comment here or pm me about it?

Should I bother working on a sequel?

Well my local library finally has an official copy of my book. I wonder how far the interlibrary lending system reaches?

Thread Information