Thread: Coming Back To Istaria After Six Years!

Default Coming Back To Istaria After Six Years!

I began playing Horizons when it first came out...it was my first online rpg...and I loved it.

Unfortunately, after about six months of playing, I reluctantly had to leave the game due being stalked by another player. He would harass me, I'd block him, report him, they'd remove him, he'd change email addresses, start new account/character and find me again...relentless. SO, I left...

I've played many other rpg since then: City of Heroes, Guild Wars, WoW, Pirates of the Burning Sea...graphics were better, more players, better economies, etc....BUT...I constantly missed Istaria...

There's just something about it...maybe I'm sentimental because it was my "first"...or maybe it's the little things....like the music (hearing the main theme after loading again after six years gave me goosebumps and I actually got teary-eyed...I know...totally lame , or the MOON which is just gorgeous in some shots, or the character creation, or even just the relaxing time spent harvesting flax!! ;P

It's been so long that my old account must be long gone, so I'm starting over...guess I'd hafta do that anyway...just in case "He" (a.k.a. PSYCHO) showed up again! I don't even remember what my Guild Name was...only that it was run by a cat named Katja....LONG time ago....

So, anyway...good to be back...SAD that I only ever see a couple of people in the towns, though...Gosh, this place was Booming back then! Oh well, I left WoW BECAUSE of there being TOO MANY people....

Have low lvl characters atm, of course,...but would love to join Guild of "Seasoned Players", if possible...Any suggestions? Anyone recruiting? Any Guilds still here that began "In The Beginning"??

Default Re: Coming Back To Istaria After Six Years!

Welcome back to Istaria! I've recently returned myself after a long absence and I know the feeling you described (especially hearing the music -- when you hear that intro music, you KNOW you're in Istaria)!

I'm sorry to hear you had such a difficult experience the first time you played -- that doesn't sound like fun at all! Hopefully "He" won't be around to spoil your enjoyment. There are a few guilds out there that have been around since the beginning, I believe -- I'd ask what shard you're on, but if you don't want to give it out at this point, I really don't blame you!

May your return to Istaria be a good one!

*serves s.s. antonia some delicious klava with a towel and a curtsy*
    welcome home! :-)

I did not see if you are on the roleplaying or non-roleplaying server. Scions guild is on Order, a very loosely-structured eclectic mix of folks who enjoy roleplay and helping others. If you do not link up with "Seasoned Players" (I do not recall seeing that guild name recently) then you are welcome to check out Scions and see if it is a fit for you.

Awdz - "Seasoned Players" not a guild...just put it in quotations... But your response was incredibly cute! Thank you!!

I'm on Chaos, by the way...All character names different from old ones, of course, and S.S. Antonia not one of them! I highly doubt he's around and unlike the younger, much more naive me from six years ago, I've learned NOT to give out too much personal info...I was very new to the whole "scene" then and had to learn the hard way!

Know of any "older" guilds on Chaos?

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

most welcome home, ss!!
    if you have any more probs, just let me know - anyone can tell you i don't take that crap from nobody and will give it back to em in spades!!
    harrassment is not kewl beans......

anyway, we are a small family, its true, but we are a close one!
    we are glad to have you back!
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

You may wish to check out my guild, Eyes of Istaria. Here is a link to a post, if you are interested.

http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=21639

I'm not real certain beyond my own what older Chaos guilds are still around. But feel free to drop me a "hello" anytime. Welcome again!

Welcome back home i dont know if you are firmilar but if your on the Chaos shard the guild Timeless (one i call home) is very old .. our guild leader has played since beta

www.timelessguild.org

Nothing wrong with getting teary-eyed for Horizons music! God knows I've had my 'moments' with the game as well.

Welcome back, Antonia! I hope this time you're able to stay and enjoy Horizons for as long as you want =]

Thread Information