Thread: Monsters and stances

Default Monsters and stances

I don't know if you plan to do this later or not, but could you possibly change the monsters to being able to use red, blue, and green stances once again? Currently only zombies and skeletons can to my knowledge.
    Aziroth Frostscale
    19 seasons spent in the wilds of Istaria
    15 seasons spent in the field of resources

Default Re: Monsters and stances

I miss stances as well Aziroth. I often have friends over for drunken nights of Horizons monster bashing, and the non stance thing is the source of much foul language hurled at peoples monitors. I wonder if the monsters ARE taking stances and the client is not showing this? It's another chance to turn a battle, for good or worse. They keep you on your toes and should make a comeback.

I was also hoping we could get proper names for stances to enhance their meanings and imersion factors. Keep the colour schemes, but name them, Offensive, Defensive, Neutral, Magnificent or something? Red, blue, green are meaningless in themselves. Stance names would just add flavor, they don't change anything. A stance is something you would perceive from a monster in battle; coloured blobs on the ground are just a way of letting us know we saw this happen.

And put the stance colours around the monsters target identifier please, there is little more frustrating a thing, to be fighting a big 'fatty boom bar' monster that sits on and obscures its' stance colour. Dragons also get totally in the road of this "blob of colour on the ground".

Do you see any of this as valid stuff Aziroth?
    Thanks.

Arcongello

Laaaaaady BUMP, laaaaady BUMP, ohhohhooooo

Yes I do see it as valid and I agree. I was thinking along the lines of showing maybe a position of the way they attack. Lets say Blue would be high stance, a position that they take an overhead attacks more. It would fit in with critical strike being more powerful in that state, but you'd leave your legs open to an attack during the low stance where the attacks are low sweeping blows. But that in itself would be hard to code.
    Aziroth Frostscale
    19 seasons spent in the wilds of Istaria
    15 seasons spent in the field of resources

Gnort

i think they should scrap the whole stance issue and redo the combat engine again. As it sits now it has a crapload of problems.[H]

Personally, I'm not a big fan of stances. My reason is that, after using them for awhile, I came to the conclusion that by the time I finished fiddling with my stance I could have hit my mob once or twice, which put a big dent in the benefits of stancing. Add to that my personal aggravation with doing the stance-shuffle, and I stopped using it. . . .

. . . .Though I have to admit I'm absolutely delighted when my opponent starts doing the stance-shuffle. . . .*SLASH!*
    [6]
    Regards;
    --------->Hasai

"I feel like a fugitive from the Law of Averages."

I miss the stances however I have noticed that in changing stances I loose out on one or more attacks.

The stance system allows me to do more damage or take more damage and makes combat more involved.
    Zodias of Order
    Sprit Disciple Quilt, Miner

Monk Issue List

Thread Information