Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Test animation

Default Re: Test animation

Quote Originally Posted by Hraefn View Post
    You're crazy, but that's not the point.

Even instead of new wing patterns, simply releasing what tints are already there but unavailable to players would be increcible beyond awesome. I can't tell you who many people would drop dead and then self-rez for the brown base-tints, white tinted markings and etc that only NPCs may sport at current.
    Agreed x]

Really wish they'd release them for use already.

I second that wish!

Third - motion carries!
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Blog Entries

I fourth that idea!
    I love to make a white dragon with brown or black stripes, or even a brown dragon with black stripes.

Fifth; I'd loooove to see more colours and tints for dragons. I've been dying to make a brown draggie. <3 White and black decals would be great, too~
    -Skyliner: Adult Dragon on Chaos 100/100 - Reaverr Whitelaw: Hatchling Dragon On Chaos 21/22- Sezyrn Osskhel: Hatchling Dragon on Chaos 0/0(lool)-

My love wears forbidden colours~

Quote Originally Posted by Kiryuu View Post
    White and black decals would be great, too~
    Is it no longer possible to make black stripes?

Kesqui very definitely has *black* stripes (with faint blue highlighting)... but she was "rolled" in 2003.

It is possible to give the appearance of black stripes to red and yellow dragons by using blue or teal decals, but they are not truly black and that trick works only on red and yellow dragons.

It would be really nice to have more colors and tints. I always found it silly that we have such an outlandish color as pink, but we don't have standard things like black decals or brown/bronze scale colors.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

I have been thinking about tints and colors for months, actually. I've tested the "dragon" tints that are in the game files to see if any are suitable but most are not. We have also looked at the other tints that are in the game just to see if any of them would look good. Some certainly have interesting results. There are a couple of very black ones but they might be a little TOO black. Basically ended up with an ink spot on my screen when viewed at night. One produced a glowy orange fire drake, looked like he just crawled out of a lava pit after a year long soak. Cool looking but not quite matching Istaria.

Valornyx has been doing some work to make up some new ones too. I can't say that they will come in right away but they will come. Along with some other nifty things that I can only tease you with right now.

Awww thanks for the heads up Solitare ^^

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kesqui View Post
    Is it no longer possible to make black stripes?

Kesqui very definitely has *black* stripes (with faint blue highlighting)... but she was "rolled" in 2003.
    You can have the look of black, but it isn't real black. Though I guess you could say that in nature there is no true black anyhow.

And like Raptress pointed out, you can also(which I may add to her list) Dark blue dragons have black looking stripes by using the deep red, though again, not true black.
    Ulharisk has these kinda stripes. They look black, but under the right lighting, you can tell they are just a very, very deep red.

Ahh, fair enough point about the various decal tints being applied over the base colour.

It would be nice to see decal tinting that *overrides* the base colour to ensure that any colour of dragon can have any colour of markings (when I was re-rolling Kaskavael - before I knew it'd be possible to retrieve Kesqui - I did try to replicate Kesqui's colour pattern, and couldn't quite seem to match it, mostly because I misremembered her stripes as *green* on red.)

But if there's new colours and patterns in the works I can see re-rolling another one just for fun
    - Kesqui - Formerly of Ice, now of Chaos, lair in Liak
    First Rebirth 12-12-2003 / Ascended to Ancient 12-12-2010

i cant seem to get the sits to work any more : ( i even re-downloaded them ans still no go does any one know what i can do .
    http://staronlightwing.deviantart.com/
    Hellenia hord 95869756, lv's 100.100.63 Staron hord 151402610 lv's 100.100.83 Josanna hord 2275812 lv's 100.100.87 Figes hord 126074906 lv's 57.34.00

Quote Originally Posted by Hellenia View Post
    i cant seem to get the sits to work any more : ( i even re-downloaded them ans still no go does any one know what i can do .
    Mine are still working, so without more information, it's hard to help.. Have any other mods stopped working? Are you sure you've placed the files in resources_override? Are you sure they're named correctly, i.e. "dragon_u_d_sit_n_n"?

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

Ahh nvm i fownd what was making it not work XD ,,, got it working agin : ) hehe
    Last edited by Hellenia; March 13th, 2010 at 09:35 PM.
    http://staronlightwing.deviantart.com/
    Hellenia hord 95869756, lv's 100.100.63 Staron hord 151402610 lv's 100.100.83 Josanna hord 2275812 lv's 100.100.87 Figes hord 126074906 lv's 57.34.00

At a moment of pure boredom I have been checking out all the default ingame emotes for both my Dragon and my Khutit form (and checked some of the biped emotes on a true biped as well).

To start with the Dragon’s Emotes.
    1. /nod and /nodyes
    Both serve essentially the same purpose... Which is basically to nod yes.
    Displayed text is slightly different, but also shows that they are meant to be the same.
    However I do not understand the spreading of the wings when a dragon uses /nod, when I use /nodyes I basicly get what I ask for a nod of the head to signify Yes.
    What I mean to say is that I personally think that /nod is not needed and if other people also agree can be removed from the game. While keeping /nodyes and /shakeno of course.

2. /greetemote
    Current animation is more like a “snowball throwing animation� and doesn’t fit a group greeting emote.
    Possibly a combined /lookaround and /nod would be better.
    /nod : The wingspread and head nod
    /lookaround : slowed down head/neck turning from left to right and back

My new idea for /greetemote would be:
    - The spread wings from /nod (to acknowledge the presents of others around you)
    - A slowed down head and neck turning from /lookaround in combination with a also slowed down head nod from /nod.

Now to come to the Khutit Emotes.
    I actually became quite sad while trying these emotes, basically they are meant to be the same as the regular biped emotes which is not so bad actually.
    From all that I tested 15 out of 35 emotes had no animation and some other things that I came across that might be good to look into.

15 Emotes without Animation.
    1. /sad
    2. /please
    3. /beg
    4. /shake
    5. /happy
    6. /no
    7. /goaway
    8. /comehere
    9. /thatway
    10. /drink
    11. /selfexam
    12. /twirl
    13. /highkick
    14. /point
    15. /dracgreet

1 emote had some typo’s ( /explain ).
    Typo in local chat response:
    “You being your explaination and point behind you.� this should be
    “You begin your explanation and point behind you.�

Response in local chat for /give:
    “You hand the item over.� Should it not be �You hand over the item.�?

Wrong emote or wrong animation.
    Also I found that some emotes were not really fitting to their rightful designation.
    /wave and /wavehi have an animation that would fit /comehere.
    /wavebye has the animation that belongs to /goaway.
    For a biped this works like it should.

Missing bow emote?
    I seem to be missing a bow emote, not sure if bipeds ever feel the urge to bow, but considering that dragons actually have 2 bow emotes that could be considered that bipeds are considered the masters of the dragons and that they should constantly bow for them… (and no off topics posts about this last remark!!)

If however a bow emote was to be created for khutit / bipeds I believe the current emote used for /thanks would look nice.

If other people have something to add any inconsistencies that I haven’t seen feel free to post.
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Only comment I would have is -

The Bow emote was the one put in just recently (like, a few weeks) by Solitare - before then there was no bow at all. So makes sense to me that bipeds don't have one yet. Never would I ever have inferred that just because a dragon has an emote that a biped does not means one is subservient to another - lol.

I mean bipeds have tons of emotes dragon's don't- but I never inferred anything from their relationship because of that . Which is also why dragons now have bow and bipeds still don't...dragons needed MORE!! *nom nom nom all emotes*

As for the rest I won't comment other than your tweaks sound perfectly fine.
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Iea has returned.

/nod was a combat animation that was slowed down to make it look more like it was nodding. It was a player made modification that was included in the emotes as official cause it kinda worked. /nodyes is the new animation that I created a few months ago. I debated removing the /nod emote when I introduced the new one. But I figured that I would leave it in place for now. But since you noticed and did not like it, next time I'm playing with the emotes it will go byebye.

/greetemote is another player made emote that was incorporated in the past. It is on my list of emotes to make new versions of when I have the time to make another pass through emotes. (Believe me, I have a extensive list).

As for the khutit, they are just biped emotes that were added in the list. I have not looked at them at all. But I'll do a review of them when I make my next pass through emotes.

I have not done any biped emotes yet since I've had higher priority items on my plate. It is a lot more work to do biped emotes because I have to duplicate the effort so many times for races and genders that can't use a common emote for all. I'm expecting to make a shallow bow/curtsy and a more respectful version of each for the bipeds.

And bipeds are masters of dragons because dragons can bow? Come on now. I did the /deepbow as a emote that I envisioned would only be used for an "elder" among dragons or the rare biped that was deemed to be worthy. The regular /bow is more of a gesture that they would use in more common situations. Respectful but not too much so.

for bipeds as for saris i am not sure on others but the /excited is broken.. looks like /explain emote.. when in animation

Quote Originally Posted by AguaRush View Post
    for bipeds as for saris i am not sure on others but the /excited is broken.. looks like /explain emote.. when in animation
    Actually multiple animations for the khutit are the same only the local area text is different. Haven't tested them all on my Human, Saris or Sslik alts yet, but some might be the same aswell.
    1. /cheer and /warcry
    2. /rage and /growl
    3. /wave and /wavehi and /wavebye and /dracgreet (for bipeds)
    4. /wave and /wavehi (for Khutit which should be /comehere animation)
    5. /explain and /excited
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

[quote=Solitaire;243037
    And bipeds are masters of dragons because dragons can bow? Come on now. I did the /deepbow as a emote that I envisioned would only be used for an "elder" among dragons or the rare biped that was deemed to be worthy. The regular /bow is more of a gesture that they would use in more common situations. Respectful but not too much so.[/quote]

Yea, Frith has never had a situation where she would bow to a biped. Now she's bowing to dragons all the time, and /deepbows for a select few .
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Iea has returned.

Thread Information