Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Test animation

Default Re: Test animation

6 new emotes are now up on Blight to test. Enjoy. Let me know if you see something messed up.

O.o i dont see the new emotes when i get on blight

Did you see them patch in? Type /availemotes and you should see them at the end of the list. Do you have your launcher set to not patch? Others have been able to use them.

hmm i saw it all download but when i got in.. they were not in my emote list

Do you have any mod packs installed? Specifically ones that change animations. If you do, they could be overriding the new def files which control the animations.

Anyone else having problems.

I am, I'll try uninstaling the emote pacs I have and seeing if it works in a little bit.

Yeah, the emote packs will override the new def files which contain the emote information. If you wish to modify the emote packs yourself, you will have to copy the information out of the six official files and paste it into the end of the modded files. The new emotes are on the bottom of the files. It is critical to make sure the syntax structure is followed and you have matching pairs of { and }.

They are found in \resources\definitions\characters\dragon dragona and dragonj. These are the files you will need to change.
    dragon_u_anim_standard.def
    dragon_u_emote.def
    dragona_u_anim_standard.def
    dragona_u_emote.def
    dragonj_u_anim_standard.def
    dragonj_u_emote.def

An update is already being worked for the emote pack.
    Just be a bit patient and you will not need to dig the .def files.
    Firebrandcrest Arma: Ancient Helian Dragon | Dragon 100 / Dragon Crafter 100 / Dragon Lairshaper 100 / Dragon Crystalshaper 100 (Order) | My MODs: Zexoin's and Firebrand's Sound Emotes Pack v2.5.4.0, Alternate Dragon Bolt Casting v1.4, Old Istarian Ambiance v1.0.8.

Hehe I love the new emotes! Especialy /steppedinit

Quote Originally Posted by Firebrand View Post
    An update is already being worked for the emote pack.
    Just be a bit patient and you will not need to dig the .def files.
    Thanks Firebrand. I figured it would not take long. I might have a couple more emotes coming up but they will come in to Blight with the next delta. Then give the bipeds a bit of love with a couple.

Glad you like that one, Tcei. I wanted to get at least one silly emote in. The funny one was Yawn, which I made this morning. I kid you not, as I was refining it and letting it loop I was yawning just about every time the dragon did. Could not stop yawning and laughing about it at the same time.

Finally home from turkeyday vacation. Patched to blight to see the new emotes. They are pretty sweet! Also gave the new sit a try and its very nice as well.

Can't wait to see more.

oooohs! the new sit animations are awesome!!

now what they should do is make maybe the canine one as sit, and the laying on side one as laydown perhaps? sounds cool to me!
    and emotes? hm.. nuzzle sound cute! maybe hug for bipeds.

i was thining on how maybe juset may be how we can have all 3 sits .. not truned into emotes ..

if one typs in /sit the dragon well sit right ??? what if we tryped /sit1 or /sit2
    in all /sit be the nrom one "belly plop" /sit1 "dog " and /sit2 " laying around "

it be nice to b able to ues all 3 or . more .. and not have to thumble around files
    http://staronlightwing.deviantart.com/
    Hellenia hord 95869756, lv's 100.100.63 Staron hord 151402610 lv's 100.100.83 Josanna hord 2275812 lv's 100.100.87 Figes hord 126074906 lv's 57.34.00

hey sol, after seeing your recent artwork, do you have any intentions to make an animation similar to your bond artwork.

some sort of wave emote or touch emote with well to get people to emulate your artwork they have to get close and use said emote.

It really looks nice and i bet many others would like to see somthing like that.

I'm keeping a list of ideas for potential animations, among other things. For just dragons, I have a fairly large list of about 30 (including crafting & combat animations). The biped list is somewhat smaller for emotes at the moment.

The problem with doing emotes based upon something like the "bond" concept is that there really is no mechanism for two characters to interact with each other in such a precise way. Not to mention some kind of proposal/accept interaction for the players so that one could not grief another by constantly emoting something that the other would rather refuse.

More animations will be made but they are presently on the back burner while work finishes up on other projects for the continuing T2 revamp.

wow 30 new animations, quite a lot. I qont lie to ya, i knew what your reply would be, to much involved to get it to work right and all. just admireing your work !!.

Surprise us. I did test the animations you did and they were fluid from start to finish. /steppedinit is just pure gold.

30 ideas. Not all of them will make it I'm sure. Especially the one with the dragon doing the "Hokey Pokey".

And thanks for the comment. /steppedinit is certainly my favorite of the bunch. I usually can't be objective about the things I do and enjoy them but I get a grin watching that one play. I'm glad you like it.

What could be an idea is to give the /afk command its own sleeping animation instead of that message you get when being send a tell.
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire View Post
    30 ideas. Not all of them will make it I'm sure. Especially the one with the dragon doing the "Hokey Pokey".

And thanks for the comment. /steppedinit is certainly my favorite of the bunch. I usually can't be objective about the things I do and enjoy them but I get a grin watching that one play. I'm glad you like it.

Hehe i would say, if they do not be official let us players find ways to add em via override just to use em. and a dragon dance would be hilarious to see. Your job on steppedinit was utterly good i wonder how the hokey pokey would be ^^.

By the way seeing how you did your sit animations, well the canine one. you have the dragons twitch and then stretch. If you ever do the combat one. let dragons use that left forpaw occasionally (lefty hear and would give a scence of dual wieldin)

For the record - no matter how lore-breaking it might be - I think a dragon hokey-pokey would be AWESOME!!

Think about it - it would be the first in game dance move! Dragons could finally dance on all those dance floors at all those parties!!

Yea! Loop it and watch the dragons dance!
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Thread Information