Thread: Parsinia

Default Parsinia

Why doesn't the gate at Parsinia let you port to Kion and Sslanis?
    I just lost the game.

Default Re: Parsinia

Would porting really be that much faster than running there? And think of the scenery you'd miss... ;-)
    Does the portal at Parsinia go to any of the racial cities? I did not think it was on that loop.

Quote Originally Posted by jerk-o View Post
    Why doesn't the gate at Parsinia let you port to Kion and Sslanis?
    Because they were never added as destinations to that portal. Like lots of other options and the same for other gates.

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

Parsinia is a settlement, and was set up the same way as any other settlement. You can always submit a suggestion through the ticketing system asking for it to be linked to Kion & Sslanis, but that would have to be reviewed and approved before it could be implemented.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

To be very honest, I like the whole idea of being able to use the portal from any racial town to corresponding tiered located settelements like it is with Kion or Sslanis as T1 racial towns and Parsinia as Settlement located in T1 area.
    Same could be done for any racial town and its nearby settlements.
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonboy View Post
    To be very honest, I like the whole idea of being able to use the portal from any racial town to corresponding tiered located settelements like it is with Kion or Sslanis as T1 racial towns and Parsinia as Settlement located in T1 area.
    Same could be done for any racial town and its nearby settlements.
    I'd still like to have portals for longer connects, from racial cities to racial cities across tiers, settlements across tiers, etc., even if local porting systems are put in (e.g., Dalimond/Chiconis peninsula).
    I can see that local porting systems can be useful, especially if doing a quest that requires you to see npc's in different towns. However, they would deter folks from exploring the region on foot (once attuned) and I think there's a great deal to be missed by skipping over all the time instead of traveling through.

Actually that was kind of what I was thinking.
    What I was thinking was:
    Guild communities on the portal hub(s) only those have no need to be on any of the Racial town portal list.
    Racial specific locations must be kept on the portal of the racial town.
    Personally I would prefere no link between across tier settlements, however I can see that many people will never agree with me on this.

Another thing would be locations like Island of Ice who I personally think that don’t have a purpose on Dralk portal, this belongs on a portal hub… not sure if it is on many other racial towns as well.

1 real problem I can imagine would be that people might be porting a lot more as well as some locations might have increased lag due to many people around.

Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Personally id like to see all guild communities have a port out gate and a port in gate before anything.

Its horribly annoying to not be able to port to and from a place especially when you own property there. I am not sure how many communities face this but it should have been both ways from the beginning..having a hatchling bind in my hall leaves them completely trapped short of a ticket!

If anything i think making the gates two ways is very important. as far as from Parsinia to racials..thats easy already is it not? requires 2 ports i believe but still can be done.

Also wish the attunement requirements for some portals would be lifted. such as Aedan and i think Serenity..both are 10. not a big deal but has a few annoyances based on player preference such as wanting to be 0/100 and cant reach my lair etc.

Other than that i dont see linking more portals as that beneficial as its good for players to explore and see the world especially with all the work going into it. and lets face it most of these requests including mine for two way gates are by crafters wanting even less travel times.

Thread Information