Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Nothing to do, Nowhere to go, No one to see

Default Nothing to do, Nowhere to go, No one to see

Just ordered an unrecurring Gifted subscription, logged in.

Guild's offline, haunts are deserted, chats are empty, and the whole game is silent. Even New Trismus is near clear of players.

Got sick of running around aimlessly on my own. Logged out within half an hour.

Lovely.

~Galde

Default Re: Nothing to do, Nowhere to go, No one to see

Galde- we are all still here- whenever I logg in I meet mates and friends.
    even in the early (European) morning.
    And lots of old and new players in the evening.

We are on atm- where you`ve been??^^
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

What time was it? In the early mornings (US) there is maybe 4 or 5 people on, but steady increases during the day as unity people return from work. ^^

Make a toon on chaos. Always someone on. No elitism. No drama.

Infinitely more fun the Order.

Quote Originally Posted by Duergos View Post
    How come you know?^^

Quote Originally Posted by Duergos View Post
    Make a toon on chaos. Always someone on. No elitism. No drama.

No roleplay.

Sheriff of the Order Roleplay Police Squad

I beg to differ.

We are so good, so subtle, you cannot detect it!

(Note: that is a JEST!)
    Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

Understood~ :3

*wonders, once again, if he offended trying for the funny...*

>_<
    Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

I hear your rant...and echo it..*sighs*

I just get so torn these days.
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Quote Originally Posted by Veruliyam View Post
    *wonders, once again, if he offended trying for the funny...*

>_<
    It takes much more to offend me, don't worry about it. ^^

On the subject at hand... I usually have to poke my friends on MSN to come online and play, though sometimes it's difficult because of the different time zones. D:

Delaware, USA that little state no one knows about XP

I know how ya feel. I'm on the verge of running around as Selarth to get some kind of reaction from the few people that are around. I hear a lot of players are leaving and going to Second Life or something.
    Anariah, Callihan, Selarth, Osiron, Asandra, Azayan, and Zefani of the Order Shard
    Want a pic of your character? Click here!

I felt the same some weeks ago (and posted about it here).

Missed my friends that left and felt quite lonesome on an often low populated shard.
    I even thought about taking a break myself (after more than 5 years continuous playing).
    I did not- meanwhile I`m happy with old mates who returned (and some more will follow)- and new players who joined our community.
    And we have fun together- like it was before.
    We have to be patient: There always are and have been times when lots of people leave at the same time. If its a new game on the market, or internal drama that makes full groups of people leave.
    But if devs say we do not have to worry- I can live with that times.

See you all at our Christmas Party (Invitations follow within the next days)

I also think one of the problems is, nothing exciting is really going on, no real serious roleplaying. And a lot of it may be that those that were playing "badies" or anything remotely 'drama' have basically, at least in my own opinion, been chased away. I've heard so many times "Oh! All the drama! All the bad Dragons!" or have the Order police sicced on them (meaning those who take matters into their own hands to the point of overboard, making it not fun anymore. I mean, who would want to be overkilled over and over again?) that who would want to play them?

I can only pounce Callihan so many times before it seems to me that its same old, same old, nothing changes, I'm doing the same thing day after day (not that its not fun, but biggest fear is chasing Cal away with all the sameness, or overtaking the DC with it to the point that's all anybody sees). I have a scenario going on right now in my head about the search into Kandrin's disappearance, since 'Ko is her daughter, but its almost like there is no caring, so who would I rp it with, and it remains in my head. How fun is that? The one rp session I had with Xeffer was the best I've had in a long time, and they aren't even friends (yet ).

I think, there needs to be a balance in a roleplay setting. Having nice easy days are all well and good, but you need excitement, drama, in there too. We need the bad Dragons or bipeds as well as the good. And currently, we just have too much of the nice and easy.

Anyway, that's my two coppers of babbling rant.
    Last edited by Nyoko; December 7th, 2009 at 08:06 AM.

Susurrus can only hiss so much and mean it.

It is also, "that time of the year" - you know, all the holiday goings on and such. People will be otherwise occupied for a month or two.

I've just returned - needed a break from the raid-thing. Started a Satyr scout on Order and was pleasantly surprised at the traffic in New Trismus... None were horribly chatty, but just seeing people around makes a difference.

Gald, I hear you. I got really depressed logging in day after day to silence.
    I respect that some of the people that would welcome me are on at different times than I can be, and to those I do apologize. I wish I could log in at different times but I have to work. I can only get on the evenings during EST and since about the end of August it's been really, really quiet. I'm taking a break now hoping that I can return feeling refreshed.

Big crunchy ancient dragoness of Order

Nyoko's got it down pretty well. Although her use of the term "Order Police" was, in my opinion, a little misplaced. I still love you Ny ;]

While I myself got sick of the drama, particularly the "Blight" drama just because of how silly and repetitive it was, as well as the sheer amount of evil dragons there suddenly were... I agree that the shard very much needs a balance of the good and the bad to stir things up.

When Xeffer first became 'bad', and there were other villains about as well as the ongoing mystery of Kailaciata's murder, issues with an active DharSii, etc... it was overwhelming some times, yes, even for me, but those were by far the best RP times I've seen since I joined the game over a year ago. There was fear, mystery, suspicion, excitement... other character's lives were at risk, good and bad alike, and there was enough chaos for everyone to find a place to participate. People complain about bad characters a lot, even me, but in the end its not the excess evil we get annoyed with, its how long they stick around, refuse to die/change, etc. We just get sick of it when it drags on. Now we have none of that, and look at whats happened.

I've entertained a somewhat recent idea of eventually, in the distant-ish future, making Xeffer exactly what others thought her to be at first; a villain. A global villain everyone can mutually hate and want dead, and a global villain that I would allow to be killed (or cured) in the end after I've had my fun. Something to stir activity, possibly. I've mostly kept the details of this RP between myself and close friends, but I may as well state publicly that there IS an idea, but one I would not do unless most people wanted it or I felt it was time to more or less end Xeffer, though new ties leave it a rather closed idea as I don't want to ruin other's RPs with her.

Anyway, pardon the thread hijack above, just thought I'd put that out there. Point is, we as an RP community need to revive our shard... If you leave for another game, if you log in, see nothing happening and log out, if you sigh and just go do something else... how will it get better? If nothings going on, try to start something yourself, make the first move! We need bigger RP events that can involve more than just two or three characters. The question here isn't "What happened to all the RP?" anymore so much as its "What are you willing to do to MAKE RP happen?". Its up to us, guys. Nobody else. The shard is in our hands, what do we do with it?

By the way Nyoko; I'm offering myself as a participant of that RP of yours =] Mostly with Nell though, as obviously Xeffer and Nyoko are still finding their way to friendship, slowly. Whenever I catch you next, I'll bug you for the details of said scenario.

I'm trying to will myself, I really am.

But for whatever reason, someone has taken it upon themselves to really be a pester. Now I could just ignore them...and I have. And that has made the bizarre tells go away. But now mutual friends are given guilt trips by said person for associating with me, blah blah blah.

It just now boils down to one of three choices. Play an anon char, play my old char and deal with this garbage, or just walk away.
    Order Shard - Atlanna Embergaze 100/100 Adult:
    A'Sasha Windrider - Member of Keir Chet k'Eilerten

Quote Originally Posted by A'Sasha View Post
    I'm trying to will myself, I really am.

But for whatever reason, someone has taken it upon themselves to really be a pester. Now I could just ignore them...and I have. And that has made the bizarre tells go away. But now mutual friends are given guilt trips by said person for associating with me, blah blah blah.

It just now boils down to one of three choices. Play an anon char, play my old char and deal with this garbage, or just walk away.

Or report said person for harassment and make our server better for multiple people. If its who I think it is, then you're not the only one. I myself have shrugged it off and more or less moved on, but if this is really becoming an issue for people, I will add my voice in rectifying it, for what little it may be worth. Say the word, friend.

Thread Information