Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Nothing to do, Nowhere to go, No one to see

Default Re: Nothing to do, Nowhere to go, No one to see

First: I do not want to offend anybody with this post!
    Second: I am not a roleplayer like you, who discuss here in this thread.
    I`ve never been in a rp chat (left dragon channel after less than 1 week)
    So I can only talk about what I`ve heard:

Most of the people come to Order cause its rp shard. They want to do ( more are less intense) roleplaying.
    In the last weeks I saw new players come to Order, who, after a while, told me, that rp here did not meet their expectations (I`m not gonna cite anyone here- but it was a real bad feedback).
    Some left again, some stopped rping.

This is a sad fact- rp does no good on order atm. Maybe someoneelse than me has a good idea how to make things better.
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by LOVWYRM View Post
    First: I do not want to offend anybody with this post!
    Second: I am not a roleplayer like you, who discuss here in this thread.
    I`ve never been in a rp chat (left dragon channel after less than 1 week)
    So I can only talk about what I`ve heard:

Most of the people come to Order cause its rp shard. They want to do ( more are less intense) roleplaying.
    In the last weeks I saw new players come to Order, who, after a while, told me, that rp here did not meet their expectations (I`m not gonna cite anyone here- but it was a real bad feedback).
    Some left again, some stopped rping.

This is a sad fact- rp does no good on order atm. Maybe someoneelse than me has a good idea how to make things better.
    If someone comes into our RP community and has the audacity to state that it does not 'meet their expectations', then they should **** well do something about it, not leave or stop RPing. I'd love to know who said this so I could speak to them myself, but nevertheless... if we're not "Good enough" for them, then they can make themselves known to community and help it grow and develop, since every new addition to the RP community tends to find their own little place in it eventually.

Really, this news is almost hilarious to me. Either way, I've said my piece about how people can help to 'make things better' as you say (Though no one's really openly responded to it..), so there are little options here and there, lets see who goes for it.

Nothing notable lately in the Dragon Chat RP, indeed. Maybe can we think about a event (battle, or something else...), to bring some action and to increase the interest, to have more than "Hello, how are you? - Well and you,..."
    Last edited by LungTien Temeraire; December 12th, 2009 at 05:13 PM.

In the last weeks I saw new players come to Order, who, after a while, told me, that rp here did not meet their expectations

Wait... so the solution for a new people that come to Order to roleplay, is to stop roleplaying? Am I reading this right? It does no good to roleplay on a roleplay shard, where do the roleplayers go, then? No offense was taken, but I'm truly curious.

Sheriff of the Order Roleplay Police Squad

Quote Originally Posted by LungTien Temeraire View Post
    Nothing notable lately in the Dragon Chat RP, indeed. Maybe can we think about a event (battle, or something else...), to bring some action and to increase the interest, to have more than "Hello, how are you? - Well and you,..."

That's exactly what I was more or less suggesting in my first post. Please read it before making suggestions of your own -.- It is definitely what we need though... events, action, etc.

Smile Re: Nothing to do, Nowhere to go, No one to see

Yes, that is more or less what you said in your first post. I was just trying to find some examples and ideas.

So, minimize the shouting of PEEPS!?

Aucapoma
    Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

Quote Originally Posted by Xepher View Post

Please read it before making suggestions of your own -.- I
    I´m beginning to get an impression

Veya- I can`t say more cause I do not know.

And I made a mistake: what I wanted to say was: Roleplay does Order no good- does that give more sense?
    not that it makes it better

I have to say I strongly disagree, Lovwyrm. Roleplay was the reason I came to Order, and the reason I stay. If RP disappeared, I'd likely disappear with it, as would a fair few that I know. Roleplay has made me some awesome friends and gotten me (at least partially) out of an introverted shell that I'd been in most of my life.

In my opinion, roleplay does Order a great deal more good than bad. But it can't do much good if it's simply not happening, which has often been the case the last month or two I've logged in.

If you've seen new players over the last few weeks saying the RP was not up to par, that's probably because there's such a dire lack of both RP and player population on Order right now, not because the RP itself was bad.

If drama happens, it happens, and eventually, it will. It's going to happen whether or not there's roleplay on the server, simply because it's a group of people all communicating with - thus having to deal with - people who are different from themselves, with different ideals and different ways of handling things.

I don't mean to offend, Lovwyrm, and I hope I haven't, but saying that "roleplay does Order no good" strikes a very sour note with me, and I heartily disagree.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

I´m beginning to get an impression
    If the impression you're getting is "This player is annoyed when she makes points and they seemingly disappear into space", then you're right =P It just seems that I'm often misread or overlooked, gets a little annoying some times.

Moving along, Raptress has it 100% right. The RP in Order shard made me the happiest I was in ages, as I could not find the will or creativity to Roleplay until I got this game and started RPing in Order. I got my 'spark' back if you will. If you honestly think Roleplaying is bad then I question why you're in a Roleplaying shard... no offense meant to you, as you seem like a very nice person, its just always a mystery to me why non-RPers join the RP Shard and then decide to complain about or insult it.

For many of us, its a way to express ourselves in ways we can't otherwise. There has never been anything more relieving and LIBERATING than to come home from a mundane and mentally tiring day of work to immerse myself in a world where I have control and can exercise my imagination and let everything go.

If you've seen new players over the last few weeks saying the RP was not up to par, that's probably because there's such a dire lack of both RP and player population on Order right now, not because the RP itself was bad.
    I couldn't have worded it better myself~

The probler in the Order shard RP seems to be the recent lack of action, indeed.
    Maybe could we think about an undead creature appearing in the clearing, played by someone, and the RPing players could fight this creature and destroy it? We would have to choose what it could be and agree...
    That's just an idea

I do not feel offended Raptress-vice versa.
    I apologize for my blanket judgement and talking about things I have not experienced myself.
    I just remembered the last exodus of frustrated roleplayers.
    Made me concerned. I`m sure you understand that
    Last edited by LOVWYRM; December 13th, 2009 at 10:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LungTien Temeraire View Post
    The probler in the Order shard RP seems to be the recent lack of action, indeed.
    Maybe could we think about an undead creature appearing in the clearing, played by someone, and the RPing players could fight this creature and destroy it? We would have to choose what it could be and agree...
    That's just an idea
    Let a nice big group pull Fafnir to Bristugo, that will create RP stories for months to come.

(only try to make sure no NPC's on a playerplot dies, that will only cause drama)
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonboy View Post
    Let a nice big group pull Fafnir to Bristugo, that will create RP stories for months to come.

(only try to make sure no NPC's on a playerplot dies, that will only cause drama)
    I think we shouldn't need that to RP

I do not feel offended Raptress-vice versa.
    I apologize for my blanket judgement and talking about things I have not experienced myself.
    I just remembered the last exodus of frustrated roleplayers.
    Made me concerned. I`m sure you understand that

Heh, I see how it is.

Delaware, USA that little state no one knows about XP

Well, since one of the issues seems to be a lack of any excitement/conflict, I've started bringing Selarth back out. He's been collecting dust. :P
    Anariah, Callihan, Selarth, Osiron, Asandra, Azayan, and Zefani of the Order Shard
    Want a pic of your character? Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by BrightCat View Post
    Well, since one of the issues seems to be a lack of any excitement/conflict, I've started bringing Selarth back out. He's been collecting dust. :P

Yes, and I thank you for that xD Its actually sparked a bit of RP for Xeffer, recently!

Aaaaaaaaaaahhh!!!

Aucapoma

>.>
    Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

As a relative new comer to the RP on Order I'd like to point out that there are a lot of rules, and no two people have the same opinion of what those rules are, which makes breaking into the chat a bit tricky.

There seems to be a wee bit of self-appointed RolePolice crackdown action going on - my most recent encounter was when I was logging for the night and posted in Dragon: "*trots off to the tavern in Carmo to grab a bite to eat and rest off a few deaths" which was immediately followed up with "((That should have been posted in (()) as the RP here is in a clearing))"

Umm, yeah? So what did I do wrong? Carmo doesn't exist where 'Dragon' is? Do we not talk about deaths as Gifted who get to cheat its eternal grip on a daily basis? I'm just curious and like I said, I'm new here...

Another recent example was when C'gan answered a question he thought was directed at him and got "*arches an eyeridge at the human who appeared out of no where and answered a question not directed at him" - I realize some folks don't like humans, but this was simply being rude.

Just remember you reap what you sow - if 'Dragon' isn't a nice place, no one will frequent it. If you really feel you need to correct someone, mention it (nicely) in a tell, don't belittle them in public chat. If someone appears confused as to the location or environment (there's no entry text on the channel to set the scene, so new folks have to simply guess), play up a nice description or something rather than OOCing at them.

That whole 'attract more bees with honey' thing applies here.

Thread Information