Thread: New in the merchandise store: For Alexzandria

Default New in the merchandise store: For Alexzandria

We have added a new section to the Istaria merchandise store commemorating the passing of Alexzandria. Her friend and fellow Order resident Gengel has created a truly heartfelt image memorializing both the character and the player.

This artwork has been reviewed and approved by Alexzandria's family and is being offered with their consent. There items are also being offered at the base price CafePress charges to produce them - neither Gengel nor Virtrium will profit from Alexzandria's memorial.

On behalf of the Virtrium team, I'd like to extend our condolences to Alexzandria's family and friends. We are deeply sorry for your loss, and thank you for allowing us to offer this small memorial to her spirit.

For Alexzandria
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Default Re: New in the merchandise store: For Alexzandria

Absolutely beautiful. I didn't know Alexzandria but I thank you guys for making this anyway; its a wonderful thing to have the game you were passionate about do something like this for you.

Originally from Palmyra, now "South Selen".

Hello folks,

The left bottom dialog says:
    "Rest Well Alexzandria"
    "Till we meet again"

The portal destination says:
    "Destination: Heaven, Cost: A Lifetime"

Alex was a good friend of mine for many years. We grew in many ways in Istaria. The suddenness of her passing hurt way more than I could have expected. Gosh, for 3 days I could not even think about logging in.

Thanks everybody for the encouragement in bringing this piece of artwork to fruition. Many tears were shed during its composition. I hope you find a bit of solace in it as I did.

--Gengel

perhaps i am odd, but selling merchandise, even at cost, because someone died is an idea that leaves a foul taste in my mouth.

There has got to be a better way to honour those we wish to remember than selling T-shirts, posters, and other merchandise.

Putting it that way, I can see your point.

But (and there is a but here) as all game images etc. technically belong to Virtrium, I don't think that there is a way to distribute memorabilia based on game characters other than through official channels.

There is a cost of materials and method to ensure safe/secure shipping by using the service already set up for Istarian gear, and I would assume that all permissions by family have been solicited/granted.

Looking at it logically, and logistically, I would try to view it as practical and not um..I can't think of the word, but in a non mercenary sort of way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster
    I'm gonna post in this one too!

Shur, I understand what you are saying and I'll be happy to answer any questions you have, but not in this thread. Please contact me by PM if you would like to continue to discuss your concerns. Otherwise, I'd like to ask that this thread be left to Alexzandria's friends to remember her and to discuss Gengel's memorial artwork.

Thank you.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Some of us experienced how it feels to attend a mate/friend who is very sick or even dieing.
    And how much it means/ ment to them to be with us in Istaria-
    even in his/her last hours (like Alexzandria).
    Some came to say goodbye and get love and comfort,
    others never logged in again.

I`m deeply touched and impressed by Gengel`s piece of love, and VI`s gesture.
    I`m sure it will make Alex smile- wherever she is now.

Be assured- it would mean a lot to me, to be said good goodbye and remembered by my Istarian friends that way.

What a wonderful last present, Gengel
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

While it may feel wierd about pricing the passed of someone who was loved very much. The prices are not exaggerated and seem more just to cover the cost needed to create them.

Shur its a custom. Ive seen many people where i live who have shirts of their loved ones who passed away. Big stickers on their cars and even full complete see thru back windows of a picture of their loved ones. I bet those people paid money also for those things. But for them its not about the money. Its about the sentimental value to have somthing to remember their loved ones, and the pride they have for those who passed away as they walk into stores and other places for others to see what brought them many years of happyness.

This store item did touch me. while i never met the person this is giving the oportunity of the players who did and probably only knew alexzandria in her avatar form.

Just like many people do here in the USA. the players who knew alexzandria well will walk with these items with pride to keep the memory of a good friend alive.

I did not know Alexzandria and do not believe to have ever met her, but my most sincere condolences to her family, friends and loved ones. It is a kind gesture that she is being memorialized this way.

Gengel, you did a marvelous job with the artwork and it is quite touching.

I am sure Alexzandria appreciates it wherever she may be.

Thread Information