Thread: Tron: Legacy

Default Tron: Legacy

huh... kinda knew something was perhaps on the way, but here's a teaser trailer for a new Tron movie called Tron: Legacy. Enjoy! *hopes it's not fake...*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AwvuirSEAA

Rakku

Default Re: Tron: Legacy

OMG I loved the original! My first real sci-fi movie! Not sure if it will be rubbish, but I will watch and enjoy regardless Thanks for the link!
    Want to know more? Visit the Istaria Wiki!

It is real. Been hoping for this one for years. It is scheduled to be released slightly over 1 year from now. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1104001/

I too have been looking forward to this. I'm a huge fan of the original, probably because the theater when I was growing up in Longmont Colorado was right next door to an arcade (the old school loud music, neon lit kind), and they'd give 4 tokens to play the standup 'Tron' if you had a ticket stub from the movie - really integrated the movie with real life.

The movie hit at the perfect time - home computers were just starting to become affordable and kids were starting to get access and dream about the potentials of 'cyberspace'. I remember getting home after the third time I saw the movie and re-created the logo on my Sinclair ZX81 (built it myself from a kit)

I only hope Disney doesn't follow the trend of late to inject a poorly integrated comedic love story into an otherwise awesome SciFi movie...

been waiting for this one for a long while now. man i hope they don't screw the pooch

Quote Originally Posted by Pacer View Post
    been waiting for this one for a long while now. man i hope they don't screw the pooch
    Likewise. It Looks impressive in the video; lots of effort put into the visuals ... but who knows about the story. I'll watch it regardless.

Incidentally... the original was a flop, but not because of anything being wrong with the film. It was released during Star Wars mania, and people were watching that and Tron suffered. I gather that since it's popularity endured and rose to such a point where a sequel was inevitable.

Rakku

Thread Information