Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: James Camerons Avatar

Default Re: James Camerons Avatar

Yea, the visuals are awe inspiring. The story is...uninspired.

And yea, walked out "Dances with wolves IN SPACE" (think PIGS IN SPACE Voice) , having never watched all of Pocahontas I could only compare with what I knew lol.

P.s. Rakku Cameron never did Alien. He only ever did Aliens (Alien II). Alien I was Ridley Scott (Of Labryinth, Gladiator, and now Robin Hood fame).

As for me - I'm waiting for enough money to upgrade with 2nd or 3rd gen 3D TV/Blue Ray/glasses and THEN I'll buy Avatar....
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Quote Originally Posted by Frith-Rae View Post
    Yea, the visuals are awe inspiring. The story is...uninspired.

And yea, walked out "Dances with wolves IN SPACE" (think PIGS IN SPACE Voice) , having never watched all of Pocahontas I could only compare with what I knew lol.

P.s. Rakku Cameron never did Alien. He only ever did Aliens (Alien II). Alien I was Ridley Scott (Of Labryinth, Gladiator, and now Robin Hood fame).

As for me - I'm waiting for enough money to upgrade with 2nd or 3rd gen 3D TV/Blue Ray/glasses and THEN I'll buy Avatar....
    Huh! Learn something new every day! I assumed Cameron had done the first as Aliens fits so well after Alien in terms of how the films work out.

I like the idea of 3dtv, but I'll be waiting for the technology to sort itself out and prices to become sensible. I have a set for the pc, but having problems using my older set (that works with vga) with an ati card. I wonder if it's possible to buy just the newer sensor, which uses usb...

Rakku

I'm just ticked off cause I have a TV that is 3D capable, has the port on it for the emitter and will run at the minimum 120 hz, but Samsung is not going to support my model. Seems like all it would need is a firmware upgrade but they want me to buy a new set. They claim that it is "3D game capable" but that is not how it was advertised when I got it. Of course, 3D was not my reason for getting this TV though I'm not happy about Samsung's behavior towards supporting a model that is just 2 years old. So I won't be seeing 3D in my home for a while unless a workaround can be discovered.

aww that is sucky Solitaire - I agree - sucky of Samsung. I'll avoid'em when I go shoppin in a few years .
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Maybe it was just me, but I finally saw this movie and I wasn't impressed. Well, let me clarify. I was impressed with the effects, they are amazing. But the story and the acting weren't very good in my opinion.
    o thanx god, i thought i was the only one....
    don't get me wrong, it was a good flick and all, very lovely, but was it the big freakin deal i was led to believe? no not at all. as for the storyline, i have certainly seen better movies with the same theme.....

but the spfx were totally mindblowing, for sure. very beautiful world, absolutely no question.
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Frith-Rae View Post
    aww that is sucky Solitaire - I agree - sucky of Samsung. I'll avoid'em when I go shoppin in a few years .
    I like the idea of 3dtv, but I think I'll be waiting until the technology has stabilised... the exception is I may try and get a new usb I/R emitter for my older glasses, since the current vga one (edimensional) just will not work.

Rakku

Thread Information