Thread: Energy beetles

Default Energy beetles

I know Istaria has fire beetles that do fire damage, and ice beetles that do ice damage, but where are the energy beetles that do energy damage and have a chance at stunning their opponent every time they hit them?
    I just lost the game.

Default Re: Energy beetles

Quote Originally Posted by jerk-o View Post
    I know Istaria has fire beetles that do fire damage, and ice beetles that do ice damage, but where are the energy beetles that do energy damage and have a chance at stunning their opponent every time they hit them?
    I'd be all for it.

Can give them wizard or chaos warrior abilities for kicks.
    Ignem Infernum - Abi in malum rem.
    Ixatchitxl the Defiler - Fafnir who? I was here first!
    Think! Its not illegal...yet.
    Adventuring: aka Genocide, Graverobbing, and Temple Desecration.

What ? Energy beetles . Naw. if VI is going to add more beetles it has to be Dung Beetles. There are piles of dung in the game already. I demand Dung Beetles.

or you can add both ^-^

Dung Beetles strike for Nature damage with a chance to poison and the Energy Beetles do as suggested! ^-^

Ri'ta'ra'thi Is'mi'nei: Season 100 ADV/100 CRA/100 BLK(former)/100 LSH/ 1.11 BILLION hoard
    Kytitia Pyrrithia: Unparalleled Rating 212 Saris Sorceror, Rating 234 Crafter

I was thinking about this again, and after talking to a friend about it for a while in-game, that just adding energy beetles and can stun the players probably wasn't the most balanced idea ever, since being perma stunned does kinda suck. So I came up with an improved idea for energy beetles:

Still add energy beetles that do energy damage and have a chance to stun players, but also add a tech for energy resist that lowers the time a stun lasts by a percentage, and also a tech for energy ward that has a chance to give a buff that will have a "negate next stun" effect.
    I just lost the game.

great idea jerko, another trophy mob to hunt it has my vote hehe, only downfall is , there are diff tiers for the other beetles, frost snow ice and in diff sizes, how would you set up spawn of energy beetles to follow the likes of the others that it would be associated to? seems it would be small, regular, large then giant, would have to start in the t4 range i would think. but the idea of a named giant energy beetle sounds like fun, make it over lvl 100 and the boss of all named beetles and what would we name him/her? fun idea

Gothos of Chaos, second Saris of Istaria to achieve adventure rating of 278

Put them in some desert regions.

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    Put them in some desert regions.
    Thank you for reawakening my nightmares about Diablo II: Act II. (Spam elemental shield harder, little druid!)

More seriously it would seem to be somewhat unwieldy to put in a pair of techs to address the evil behaviors of a single type of enemy. Not that I object to lightning beetles, I'm just unclear as to why you'd want a new subset of one of the less creative/interesting types of mobs that would be so absurd as to require specific techniques to counter it. New and evil technology like stun-happiness seems, from the POV of a widdle itty bitty hatchling, to be something the Aegis, if anybody, would do. Or something somewhat intelligent. But beetles? Shoot, oastics are more worthy than beetles.

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

ooooooo i love oastics......
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Where to put them? T3 ones could go east of Dryart, T4 ones could replace the ruxus betweek Daikana and Lerena, and also be put between Grayling and Lerena, and the T5 ones could maybe go in the area thats south of the dire wolves and between Selen and the Spiritous Swamp.
    I just lost the game.

Quote Originally Posted by velveeta View Post
    ooooooo i love oastics......
    Perhaps you will appreciate my avatar, then!

I was under the impression that every tier of beetle was a different "type": fire beetles are tier V, say, or ice as tier 3, or whatever. Perchance I am horribly, horribly wrong?

Funny you add this idea.

Why not add some super beetle which have skills of flame/ice/enery/summon. This beetle could have the capability to summon guards and in such be perfect as a T6 monster.

Of course the use of these skills would mean that there would be a new challenge in figuring out which attack to use.

If they then make the resistance and skill level more random then one beetle would be more resistant to one skill then the other

Quote Originally Posted by Thicklesip View Post
    Perhaps you will appreciate my avatar, then!

I was under the impression that every tier of beetle was a different "type": fire beetles are tier V, say, or ice as tier 3, or whatever. Perchance I am horribly, horribly wrong?
    There is some minor overlap of types to tiers, but on the whole your Beetle summary is correct

Nothing to say there can't be more of them though! I think it's a great suggestion. Particularly as most of the art assets are in-game anyway...
    Want to know more? Visit the Istaria Wiki!

Thread Information