Thread: Baubles

Default Baubles

Is there an actual reason these things exist in the game?

Yes, I know they give a Random buff when used, but there are some stupidly overpowered (on the bad side) ones that do something crazy like reduce your Max HP to 1 for an hour or some-crap.

Some of the buffs can be good, some of them are bad...

But all-in-all, I never bother with the stupid things.

BUT, when I'm in the thick of combat and I'm trying to loot a corpse before I lose track of which corpse it was, sometimes I have to click "Loot All" and I end up getting the stupid thing anyways.

So here's the suggestion:

Allow us to pawn baubles, even if it is only 10c. Surely those little shiny pieces of glass have SOME kind of value..

It would make them a lot less annoying if I could just dump them on the PB along with all of those stupid backpack pouches....

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

Default Re: Baubles

making money off them would be alright - i hate em too and mostly save them for when i am crafting.....some of the buffs can be amusing in a non lethal atmosphere......
    but mostly i just delete them - so far they are an annoyance more than anything and i wouldn't be sad to never see one again at this point....
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

I enjoy the hints of lore they give when read/used.

I've seen worse loot drops in this game. They're slightly more useful than looted rock salt for example.

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

heehee i don't know about that, shi - at least you can use rock salt and process it into other things.......

GAH!

This was meant to be posted in Suggestions... I dunno how it ended up in Rants.

*checks*

Why the heck did a moderator move this into Rants, when it was a Suggestion?

Move it back, please.

I do not agree with removing them for the reason Shian mentioned, but I do agree with giving them a pawnbroker value. That might discourage people from selling them at exorbitant rates in New Trismus, luring new players to kill themselves and their wallets out of curiosity...
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

no way! do peeps really do that???? that is so low, i can't even find a good analogy for it.....

Quote Originally Posted by velveeta View Post
    no way! do peeps really do that???? that is so low, i can't even find a good analogy for it.....
    Not that I have ever done it, but we are all Humans in nature... I hope.
    Many humans in RL also care about nothing when trying to make money so why not in this fashion in a game?
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

right Rv, and yes Vel- they do:-(
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

They are quite amusing when you want to play with them russian roulette. Or with friends, to find out who dies first of the bad buffs.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •Â«

Quote Originally Posted by Dhalin View Post
    GAH!

This was meant to be posted in Suggestions... I dunno how it ended up in Rants.

*checks*

Why the heck did a moderator move this into Rants, when it was a Suggestion?

Move it back, please.
    It was moved because it sounds very much like a rant.

However, the point you were making is valid and after doing some thinking the following changes will be made with the next patch to Blight (with more potentially forth-coming):

1. The odds of getting beneficial buffs from consuming Trinkets is increased for all types of Tier 1 trinkets. The other tiers will be adjusted later once these have been tested.

2. Coin and hoard values have been assigned to Tier 1 trinkets. Again, the other tiers will be done later once testing has been completed.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Very responsive. Thank you.
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    It was moved because it sounds very much like a rant.

However, the point you were making is valid and after doing some thinking the following changes will be made with the next patch to Blight (with more potentially forth-coming):

1. The odds of getting beneficial buffs from consuming Trinkets is increased for all types of Tier 1 trinkets. The other tiers will be adjusted later once these have been tested.

2. Coin and hoard values have been assigned to Tier 1 trinkets. Again, the other tiers will be done later once testing has been completed.
    Ahh, okay hehe.

Thanks for considering this!

This will muchly help.

you rule , Amon- thy
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Very kind of you Amon.
    You have my appreciation!

Big crunchy ancient dragoness of Order

Thread Information