Thread: Narrah's Map Pack has been reborn!

Thumbs up Narrah's Map Pack has been reborn!

As there are issues with other people's map packs, and I have always wanted to do my own map pack, i'm bringing back my map pack, this time I won't use Image's map pack though. I will start development on it when I get the ability to fly in the game, and the reason I started this map pack was because I wanted to make a map pack that always worked, was easy to install, used the game's default systems, and because other map packs sometimes had problems. Now, if you were to have a problem with the map pack, you would already have been having problems with the original game's maps, except maybe any new maps I add, which is the only other thing i'm doing besides using the game's default markers to mark things. By the way, v0.1 will have one half of istaria marked, and v0.2 will have the other half of istaria marked, and also, you may have noticed that i'm using versions that were already used... Well, it turns out that my files are no longer on that old website anymore, so i'm starting from v0.1 again. Any new maps I add will be there a long time from now. Also, I plan to make updates VERY quickly. I hope this map pack will do really well. Thank you. That is all I wanted to say.
    Last edited by Narrah; December 26th, 2009 at 05:54 PM.

Default Re: Narrah's Map Pack has been reborn!

I would like to check out this manp pack. From where is it obtained?
    "I said I was casting. You should have ducked!"

Wink Re: Narrah's Map Pack has been reborn!

Sorry, but the first release hasn't been made yet. I will put a link on a thread with the title "Narrah's Map Pack v0.1" or whatever version it is. The link will take you to the download page on the speedy share website. See, I have to mark the stuff in-game first, using the game's marking system. The markers will be stored automatically in a file called "UIMapMarkers". I can then upload that file to speedy share as a copy, and have people download it to get the markers that I put on the map myself. It's pretty simple, and makes the map pack work really well. Also, I might add maps to the map pack, and have markers for those too. But, no, the map pack isn't obtainable, YET. It will be obtainable when i'm finished marking everything on the map for the first half of the map which is all that is included in v0.1, while v0.2 will have the other half marked. Be patient, and there will be a new thread popping up sometime in the future with the first release. It will also have a link to the download page in that thread on the first post.

Sweet. I look forward to it.
    "I said I was casting. You should have ducked!"

Unhappy Re: Narrah's Map Pack development has been canceled!

I'm sorry, but not only is this too much work for me, but I can't figure out how to make some of the stuff work. I had to change everything I was doing after something someone told me. I will now cancel the development of this map pack. I'm sorry, I really wish I could've done this map pack...

Cool Re: Narrah's Map Pack development is being brought back!

I was planning to put the UIMapMarkers file into the prefs folder, but maybe it will work with resources_override? We'll have to see... because if this works, then I might be able to make development of the map pack work, i'll test this out really quick.. and i'll let you know whether it works, thank you.

Default Re: Narrah's Map Pack development is being brought back!

Quote Originally Posted by Narrah View Post
    I was planning to put the UIMapMarkers file into the prefs folder, but maybe it will work with resources_override? We'll have to see... because if this works, then I might be able to make development of the map pack work, i'll test this out really quick.. and i'll let you know whether it works, thank you.
    Perhaps it's an idea to say something about your map pack at the moment you have something substantial to show?
    Till now it's I;ve got one, oh no I don't, I'm working on it, oh wait I'm not, I started again, sorry it doesn't work and so on and so on ...

In the mean time, we have a very good map pack for people who are looking for one.

http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...highlight=pack

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

Default Re: Narrah's Map Pack development is being brought back!

Quote Originally Posted by Sigi View Post
    Perhaps it's an idea to say something about your map pack at the moment you have something substantial to show?
    Till now it's I;ve got one, oh no I don't, I'm working on it, oh wait I'm not, I started again, sorry it doesn't work and so on and so on ...

In the mean time, we have a very good map pack for people who are looking for one.

http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...highlight=pack
    Well, i'm gonna be working on the map pack now... and this time i'll get it done right! And i'm sorry if it's getting a little annoying... very sorry... but this time i'll be making sure the map pack gets done. Other than that, I did figure out how to make it work, by going back to my original plan, but adding some extra installation instructions to make sure the original UIMapMarkers file gets backed up or saved in a safe location. Finally, I got it to work... my first update will be for lesser aradoth... it'll soon be ready. Promise.

Thumbs up Re: Narrah's Map Pack has been reborn!

Narrah's Map Pack v0.1 Release Date

I will be releasing the map pack somewhere in january probably. Remember, the first version will only have lesser aradoth in it, at least, only lesser aradoth covered with markers. I also have come up with a readme, and have a prepared UIMapMarkers file, but i'm still continuously updating it by replacing it over and over again. v0.2 will have the area from bristugo, to chiconis and to the shore in the south. it will be that square of the map that will be covered with markers in v0.2. Now, I will probably not finish it without flight, help, and a higher level. I'm looking to gain those things. Also, I will not start working on v0.2 until after the revamp. Also, when you install this

Do NOT forget to backup your current UIMapMarkers file or save it to a safe location before downloading the map pack, for if you need to uninstall the map pack, you will need that to get your old markers back that YOU put there before!

That is all, I hope to have this released soon, thank you.

Wink Re: Narrah's Map Pack has been reborn!

Okay, I thought I might make a list of additions to the map pack that will be added in the future for being other than just markers... but they will be seperated from the UIMapMarkers file incase something should go wrong.

List of changes being made in the future!

1. New maps using textures from the game's original maps.

2. More specific markers, still using the game's default systems, but just making them more specific.

3. Blend of the UIMapMarkers file and the new markers.

4. New way to add maps to the map pack.

5. Having the UIMapMarkers file in a seperate download from the maps and the specific markers, incase something should go wrong with one of them.

6. and more...

Now.. I hope you will like this map pack, and as always, I will try my best to use the game's default files, default systems and whatever to make sure there are minimal bugs. Also, I am still working on lesser aradoth, so be patient, I hope to have the first release out soon! Thank you, that is all I had to say.

Hey, I have a question now... and it has to do with coding... I need to know how to make new maps and more specific markers and still use the game's default systems... I really don't know how to do anything but placing the markers. Making new maps has to do with something about coordinates right?. Well, i'm clueless on how to make more specific markers to make finding stuff easier for people. Please help.
    Last edited by Narrah; December 30th, 2009 at 06:27 PM.

Unhappy Re: Narrah's Map Pack has been reborn!

Okay, I've been trying and trying to continue development of the map pack and figure everything out, but I can't... it's way too confusing... Maybe many years later I might be able to do coding but not right now... well, i'm canceling development of the map pack permenantly... I wish I could've continued this... sorry... Maybe if I get better at coding in the future I might bring it back, but for now... it's canceled...

Thread Information