Thread: PVP island

Rhaiannon

Default PVP island

Lets start this off by saying I fall somewhere in the middle with PVP.

Yes, I think it should exist here
    No I don?t think it should be everywhere

There should be an island, accessible through portals with all kinds of terrain from mountains to valleys, rivers, lakes etc, places where you can set up an ambush even.It should incorporate some terrain from every part of istaria, save the blight. For example, the valleys would have dense forests that are so thick you would have a hard time seeing more than a few hundred feet ahead of you, mountains covered in ice and snow with waterfalls coming down, first frozen higher up, but merging into liquid ones beneath the snowline, as well as rivers leading to lakes and oceans. Bridges would be needed and able to be defended crossing the rivers, they should be deep enough and wide enough to not permit travel across except by dragons or other flying creatures until they get swimming in. there should be canyons that you can perch on the sides of, and barely reach the bottom in some areas, as well as have locations that you can hide in and then attack from if you were an archer.

This island alone, would be a PVP haven. Then only way to get to this island is through the portals that would be set up in the arena in tazoon.

This island would be about twice the size of lesser aradoth, with two minor towns on either end. much like lesser aradoth, OR multiple towns, with multiple portals set up in tazoon?s arena for more interesting combat.

On this island, you could PVP to your hearts content, however, there can be no way to get to this island otherwise. Make it a plateau higher than a dragon can fly, or place a red barrier around it. No one can get there or escape except through the portals and recall.

On this island, you could not loot the other player, but you get points per kill you get IF the kill's rating is within 5 of your rating. This would prevent someone from logging in with a noob and killing him over and over. Each point gains your choice of encampment the point, and after enough points are gathered, the bases usability gets increased. a guard tower for 100 points, a moat for 500, things like that that would happen automatically. After a month, each of these places would be returned to their wooden palisades and no towers setup and the games begin again with a fresh start.

there would be an exit portal near each of the bases, and a bind shrine beside it. These two would be at least 100 meters from the pvp area as they would be where players spawn and to avoid griefing and spawncamping, would have to be protected from it. If the portal and shrine are placed in a temple structure behind each of the bases with a bridge leading to it, it would be simple to section it off.. These bases would be walled off so that there is only 1 or 2 ways in that can be defended. You could even have a capture the flag type thing going here if you can figure out how to code it. or you could have it going to where you destroy the opposing Crystal of Power that holds their collective points from the war (which would respawn in 20 minutes) for a thousand or so points each. However, if the crystal is destroyed, that encampment would revert to its original configuration with no extras from previously earned points. To separate the players, there would be a quest giver that grants access to the portal beside said quest giver in the arena in tazoon. This quest giver would provide a quest, which would serve as a marker for PVP. Only those of opposing quests would be able to attack each other. There would be no infighting among the players of the same base, so no chance of griefing there. Any who remove or cancel the quest when they reach the island will not be able to attack anyone else, nor be attacked by anyone else, so the ability of spying is a possibility, but they could do nothing else, so no chance of griefing here. The players would be able to attack the opposing team players IF those players are withing a rating of 20. so for example a lvl 1 could get killed by a rating 20 player, but a rating 100 player couldn?t get touched by a rating 79 or 121 rating. This would prevent any griefing on that part. As a side note, you shouldn?t be able to earn exp from this at all, it is just to serve the human primal need for bloodshed against a worthy opponent.

Enjoy, flame to your hearts content, this would be a place to relax for those that enjoy pvp.

Default Re: PVP island

the idea in general aint bad but u would need at least a small area around those portals that are no pvp...or yer gonna get alot of portal camping. same with the bind areas.
    Soaring the skies of Istaria every day.

This is prolly the best idea for PvP implementation I have seen yet.

One point I do not get is that people should gain any exp whatsoever when killing other players. This would allow somebody to start off 2 new characters and they would never have to quest or killspecific mobs, only themselves.

Hz is my first MMORPG, so I do not know how other games have designed their PvP system, but imo PvP is purely for fun and gratification that you are 'better' or 'luckier' then another player.

R`aven, good point. The town locations should be immune to the PvP.

I have something of my own to add:
    - You could form alliances with other players and once they're in your group, the 'select nearest enemy' button would be disabled to those players in your group.
    - For example, players of rating 80 - 100 could only attack other players within that same rating range. This would provide the lower-end adv'ers the safety of not being killed one hit. There's no fun in that.

Rating ranges could go as per tier, until it reached 100. Once you are over 100 rating, you must hunt down other players of 100+ rating.

So yes, people of 150+ adv rating (there are people who have acquired this rating..)would have the same equality as those with 101 rating. Fair? No. Reasonable? Yes. After all, it is PvP, the best man (or woman) wins.
    Truth is absolution - Killswitch Engage
    Gusi: 100 lvls of ELAR deleted and crafting forte.
    Aquzon: 0/100 Draconic Crafter achieved in under 100 hours gameplay.
    Yuthakon: 31 Berserker and aspiring Constructor.
    Proud member of Strata on Order Realm

Rhaiannon

Ok, reworked some of it to make it more fluid with game mechanics and removed some griefingposibilities that were pointed out. read over it again and let me know. I would really like to see something very similar to this in horizons.

Thread Information