Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Experimentor / Neo-Monk

Default Experimentor / Neo-Monk

Anyone still around that remembers testing this school out? Remember if it was any good? Interested in trying it out again?
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Default Re: Experimentor / Neo-Monk

i would test it out for ya amon can you give me details about this school i will have my ped take it for a test drive
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

Was this the school that was tinkering with the idea Mana/Stamina? I recall it but never knew we could test it. This was in 2004 right before the first big wave of layoffs at artifact right?

Hmm thinking about this school, I keep picturing the Dalimond Docks.. was there a trainer for this school there?

I think you're right Guaran. One of the devs set up the trainer out by the NPC that starts the "school forgetting" biped quests.

And yes, it was toying with the idea of mana/stamina and if I remember right was going to be the first step in class balancing.
    Cauri BloodBane - Order
    100 DADV / 100 D C R A

Hmm thought old mana toons be mages not monks.

Knossos

"Mana" was a poor choice of names - it's not like anything that normally comes to mind when you hear that word.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

In Beta of this game were mentioned Animage and Mana Kinght - both with mana facets.

Knossos

Yes, but both were just ideas.

Neo-Monk did use mana, but not in the traditional sense for casting spells. But primarily it dealt with combos... you had Opener abilities, follow-up abilities, closer abilities and so forth. You had to use an opener to do a follow-up to do a closer.

Anyway, was just wondering if anyone remembered testing them on Blight all those years ago (and yes it was spring of 2004).
    Last edited by AmonGwareth; January 6th, 2010 at 12:44 PM.

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Yes if i can find time id like to play with it and see how it does either on Leksi or Leski if you want to .
    Andy...

Never tried, but if you need people to test it my level 6 scout named Banana would be happy to try it

Yes amon I am duckies here I was the highest level experimentor on blight before it was canceled (level 78) so I can answer any questions you might have and I would give anything....really I would give all my free time to retesting the experimentor class all over again. It was by far the best posible way in which monks could be played especially since all of the combos were great in making you feel so interactive with the class as well as having the brawler passives which really gave the experimentor damage to that of all the other melee classes.

Sounds similar to the monks they have in ddo. They were fun to play, so I think it would work.

Oh man if the experimentor class was put back on blight I will have to notify Zodias, Gremblthrg, HratLi, Tigris and Menkure all of the monk bigboys/girls.

Its not really called the Experimentor school, btw. Its neo-monk in the database. And there are others that weren't finished... neo-druid, neo-flamedisciple, neo-battlemage, neo-berserker and one i had started neo-spiritist.

None of them are complete though. And all of them use mana, which isn't currently enabled on server or client.

I know I was just using its former title. So Amon what will I have to bribe you with to get an opportunity to play the Neo-Monk again?

Quote Originally Posted by Duckies View Post
    I know I was just using its former title. So Amon what will I have to bribe you with to get an opportunity to play the Neo-Monk again?
    Mana isn't enabled in the client or server. So it won't work.

sorry double post

[QUOTE=Duckies;242414]Anyone still around that remembers testing this school out? Remember if it was any good? Interested in trying it out again?

What kind of ideas did you have for trying it out again?

Neo-<whatever>?

Can they see the Matrix?
    Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

There is no mixing spoon, Veruliyam.
    I just lost the game.

Thread Information