Thread: The Lengthy Guide to the Lunus ROP

Default The Lengthy Guide to the Lunus ROP

Sparked from the eternal debate of ascending at 30 vs. ascending at 50, I decided to compile this guide to better educate young hatchlings on their choice. I also noticed that as the game evolved, other guides could use an update. Most pointed to things that are no longer in game, so here is an updated guide. I also tried to cover ‘the little things’ other guides leave out, but are handy to know.

As you also may notice, this guide does not do the quests in order. Following this guide, you will have fewer trips to the Hermit and Valkoth etc. by doing all the quests at the same time instead of each individually.

Okay, brutal honesty time. Yes, you can start your ROP at the min requirements of 30/30 and 250k hoard, but trust me when I say you will not be able to hit most of the level 45-70 mobs you will meet on this quest, turning your own ROP into more of a spectator's sport where you watch a high level biped or an adult dragon carry out your kills for you.

The exception to this is if you have 4 or 5 level 30 hatchlings that are doing their ROP all at the same time. If you have friends nearing their ROP, I suggest you wait or craft until they can catch up. Running an ROP with friends at your level is great fun!

At 30 craft, you will need scales and a T6 machine for nearly everything. This includes T2 transmutation scales.

You only get one shot at this! This is the most epic, gut-wrenching quest in the game. Yes, there is an AROP afterwards, but trust me when I say this is nothing close to the emotion of having your friends and family, those who have helped you grow up, there when you first earn your wings and take to the sky for the first time.

Make a decision whether you want your hatchling scales or not. Once you're an adult, these cannot be obtained.
    What's a hatchling scale? Well, remember Helena and Avatarius back in NT? follow that quest line of teching a claw, socketing a scale and eventually, Avatarius will give you a quest to get your Scale of the Prime, Scale of the Lunus.
    As long as you do not close the window where he gives you the quest, you can scroll up and click on the other quest to get both scales at the same time. You can do this for each set.
    There are 3 sets, one you get in NT at level 1, the other two you get at combat level 25 and level 50. These scales are quite good for their level and the level 50 scale will carry to level 80 in efficiency.
    To get the 25 and 50 scales, speak with Vladtmordt at 21315 27040 You can get there by gliding from the floating isle, port from West of Tazoon.

Make sure your quests are up to date! Unlike bipeds, dragons must quest for over 60% of their abilities. You get adventure quests every 10 levels starting with Gerix in Kion, sitting above the vault at who will introduce you to all your trainers that are littered about Chiconis and Dralk.

But I'm bored! It took me forever to get to 30!
    Not to worry, there are things you can do in preparation. For starters, you will need 25 silver golem fragments. Now is a good time to collect those.

Selen
    South Gate
    Dryart
    Morning Light
    Grayling
    Lerena
    Harro
    Draak

What's the difference between Lunus and Helian anyways? Well, if you've been paying attention, the choice is for the most part, political. Both factions can now get all breath quests, so that is no longer a factor.
    What is an actual factor is, Lunus cannot sponsor bipeds in the Draak attunement quest. Helians can. The other difference is stats,
    Lunus receive +40 to flame resistance and +20 to Tooth and Claw
    Helians receive +20 to spirit resistance +20 to ice resistance and +20 to primal.

Okay, you've made a decision that you are ready. Relax! Enjoy the ride! This ROP is something to be experienced, so take in whatever lore the quest givers give you.

To start, visit Karane The Historian at 24380 22944
    From the pad of Chic, run north along the dirt path until you see the blue flames of her lair.
    Talk to Valkoth at 22687 28929
    From the pad at Dralk, run towards the portal. Keep this angle and run past the portal along the edge of the ashy ground. His lair is slightly hidden behind a lava pool at the top of this hill, to the right.
    Talk to Semeneth at
    From the Pad at Chiconis, face northeast. See that lair? That's Semeneth's.
    Return to Karane the Historian at 24380 22944

Talk to Valkoth at 22687 28929 and click everything in blue.

You should now have the following quests:
    Become A True Lunus (actually comprised of four sub quests)
    Create a Statue of Your Adult Self
    Acquire an Imbued Silver Claw
    Acquire An Orb Of Pure Crystal

You can do these quests in any order, but this walkthrough is designed so that the quests overlap and you have fewer trips to the Hermit and Valkoth.

Gather 25 Silver Golem Fragments and show them to Valkoth. He will give you a formula. If you do not have 300 smelting, sit at a master smelting shop or T5-T6 dragon smelter and open a crafting window using something that requires smelting. The bronze bar formula should work nicely. The shops bonus (+90 for an Expert shop, +76-80 for a T5-T6 dragon shop) will be added and you can now scribe the formula.
    Show the claw to Valkoth and it's time to head for Draak! Might as well get your adult dragon eye and the Entombed in one go.

Okay, everyone has their own way of getting to Draak. Some use Harro, I think even the modern map packs use the route of Harro.
    Me? I prefer a swamp run.
    Start in Lerena. If you're not attuned to Lerena yet, head to Mia's Edge and run north to attune to Lerena. Attune to Grayling also while you're at it.
    Run north on the bridges until you get to the edge of the swamp. Now look at your map. See the lakes in the swamp to the east? See the little mountain range west of those lakes? You're going to be running on the east side of that mountain range, right up against that larger lake. That is your safe zone. Got it? Okay,
    Put your paws in the water. Run east along the edge of the swamp, keeping your feet wet. Use a heal if a spider gets a bite, but make sure you do not dally while doing so! A quick step potion or speed scales will be good at keeping you ahead of the spawn of most mobs here. Make sure to save your sprint.
    Start running north as soon as you see the larger lake and hug the 'mountain range'. It's nice here.
    Where the mountain range ends will be your most dangerous spot. This is what you were saving your sprint for as you may need it here. Blood skulk fishermen and blood mages stand between you and the ED, so make a break for it and head to the safety of the ED. Your target is the beach again. Follow the beach and you should run into little trouble save for an errant Enraged Radiant Wisp.
    Cross at the tiny island and head into Draak.

Alternatively, you can talk to the big yellow dragon at 22476 29298 outside of Dralk for an attunement quest.

Run to the general safety of the Entombed. He lies at 29891 21392
    Talk to him to receive your next quest. As you are catching your breath, watch the road. Sometimes an adult dragon will casually pass by. Try to nab him if he doesn’t have many friends. You will need help with the adult. Unlike the Pale Hatchlings, the adult likes to throw debuffs on you that even at 50, can get you in trouble. The eye you are looking for will automatically show up in your inventory upon it’s death. It is not looted.

Enslaver of Mind, you should have passed on the way in. He hangs around the road at 3031421379
    Enslaver of Will hangs out near the Entombed at 29850 21298
    Enslaver of Spirit is near 30139 21141
    If you are 50, you will be able to solo these. They do not hit hard, but have a lot of HP, so try to get somewhere where you will not attract attention from Pale Hatchlings or other irritating adds. If you are 30, you will need a biped with you that can cast Mark, Withered State so you will have the ability to hit them. A Cloak Of Thorns is always nice too.

Once these three are dead, you can kill Entombed Will. Make sure you bring friends for this fight as it is not easy. If you are low level, prepare for a number of DPs due to the Entombed being able to do enough damage to kill you in two shots. He is level 72 and has 51k hit points.

After he is dead, make sure you have your adult dragon eye and that you have talked to him to receive your hardened silver talons before recalling.

Return to Valkoth and speak to him. This will tick off two quests at once. Now you need to craft a mirror.

If you are 30 crafter, you –can- use an expert cauldron to increase your transmutation skill to above 300, just as before to scribe the mirror’s formula, but you will not be able to craft it as before because a stoneworking table does not give a bonus to transmutation. Instead, you will need transmutation scales and a T6 dragon Stoneworker to just barely hit 300, depends on your TP allocation.

After showing Valkoth the mirror, grab 30 Granite bricks. It’s time to head out to to the Hermit at 21711 27812 to check off boxes in all current stages!

Touch the lava pool for your claws. Revel in this. This is probably the only time the cranky old dragon will let you.

Talk to the Hermit, then enter the portal behind him to reach the Pool Of Teeth. Beware, the enemies here are 35-40, so if you are low level, bring another dragon friend or try to outrun the spawns. You only need to touch the pool at the top of the road before recalling.

For now it is time to head to the Meteor Crater in Grayling to kill and loot 5 Shards of Faces. If you have multiple hatchlings running this quest, make sure everyone has all 5 ticked off in their quest log before recalling.

Craft your statue. If you are low level, you will need stone working scales and a T6 machine.

Return to the Hermit to get your Focused Buff and listen to him on how to use the statue mold.

Because the buff to make the crystal golem appear is timed, it’s better you do this now. The Crystal Golem is tougher than the Guardian of Faces, so bring help to get rid of any Guardian of Faces while you face off against the golem. If you are low level, you may need that biped again to debuff the creature so you can hit it properly.

With the Crystal Golem dead, it’s time to finish your statue. Visit the two shrines in Dralk and Chiconis, respectively.

Talk to Valkoth this time and you should get a new quest.

This part of the quest is quite long. Didn’t you know that ROP stood for Run all Over the Place?

Start by talking to Elissana in Bristugo 22129 22562
    Then Sheila 22138 22635
    The cleric Tower outside Slate Crest at 23825 20389. Talk to Saint Thomas Aqua standing outside the tower.
    Then to 24596 21203 to find Seril The Empty
    Then to Selen to talk to it’s gatekeeper
    Run north from Selen or recall and port to South Gate if you have attuned already, to talk to South Gate’s Gatekeeper, Barmos. He is at 25843 24269
    Then to Morning Light or Aiya if you have not attuned yet. Run west, then north along the path. Your goal is at 26684 29115. Be wary walking up the hill from the south, there are level 80 wolves. If you wish to avoid the wolves, you can walk around the mountain and run up the north end to reach the top. You can sprint past them though.
    Talk to Eilen, then climb up the tower.
    Once you reach the top (there is one, I promise), face east and glide to 27656 29103 to talk to Talon the Possessed to receive his mini-quest

If you have not attuned to Dryart, run south from Heather to find Lem the Idealist at 21342 25218
    Head to Morning Light and run east along the beach. You are headed towards Kaa the Peaceful at the eastern tip of the island around 29900 27878. When you reach the stupid wall, you will have to swim around it. The sand crabs, thankfully seemed to have little interest in me, but just in case, it’s best to keep moving.

With the messages delivered, it’s time to head back to Talon

When he agrees to fight you, Esh will spawn in the frozen lakes behind Talon. Esh is level 70 with 35k hitpoints.

Return To Valkoth to get the next part of the quest

Visit the Tower of Healing outside of New Rachival 22316 24603, the entrance to the tower is on the east side. You –may- run into Desert Wolves or Citrine Golems on the way, but it’s nothing new to you. Keep moving and you can outrun them.
    Inside, a smidge of a way up the tower, you can find an NPC named Harle Aela the Pure.
    Wait 5 minutes for the biped to purify your orb
    Return to Valkoth who will give you a Lunus Phylactery formula. It requires a scalecraft of 300, which you can get thankfully just by standing at a T4 or higher scaleforge. (again, this depends on your TP allocation)
    Your quest log under Become a True Lunus will still say ‘Create a phylactery of Shadows” 0/1
    Head to Valkoth to figure out what to do next.

You will get a new subquest, “Create a Phylactery of Shadows”
    First, place your phylactery on a key in your hot bar.
    Kaa will be our first step as he is rather easy. Port to Floating Isle via Tazoon 23547 25454.
    You want to approach the Western Deadlands from the north. Kaa is at the center of the spiral at approximately 19946 26760.
    If you wish to attempt this solo, climb the northern mountain at 20019 26920 and glide into the center of the spiral. If you’re lucky, you will land on a branch so you can safely dive-bomb your target when he has wandered well away from the level 70 Aregor. I’m not going to bother listing Kaa’s stats as he usually goes down in 1-2 hits of your phylactery.
    At level 30 it may take up to 4 hits to kill him, so I don’t recommend this method as the other mobs can kill you in one hit. If you wish to have it done the old fashioned way, have an adult pull Kaa out of his spiral to a safe spot.

Lem the Cold is a little more tricky. He lies in the eastern deadlands (around 29524 24209) and he is surrounded by high level mobs. Even with level 80 scales, this will be a tough fight if you try to take him head on.
    Best to wait above the trenches and have a friend pull him to you. He goes down easy without his friends.

Congratulations! Only one more step left to go!

Talk to Valkoth to receive the quest to craft a Shimmering Scale.
    This requires:
    5-10 iron
    5-10 Lapis Lazuli
    5-10 Amethyst
    5-10 slate bricks
    Traditionally, these sales are given to parents or close friends of the hatchling ascending as a memoir or a token of thanks for the help on your journey, so you may or may not want to make more than one. Any dragon helping you during the fight with the Shadow Dragon will also need one.

Shadow is located at 29809 21053 in Draak. This will be a tough fight no matter your level. Shadow has a little over 70k hitpoints He has hatchlings and a few ghosts with him, so take care of these creatures first. Your phylactery will do around 10k damage each hit, so whittle him down with it and eventually you will triumph and the great Shadow will fall.

First, check your key binds! Make sure you know what your ascent and descent keys are set at. It can be embarrassing if you don't know how to get down from your first flight. The default keys are Q and Z, but if you want something more comfortable, remember to set these before you set out.

Yes, you -can- get a choice. By traveling to the Peak of Storms, you can pick up the buff and travel to the place you would rather ascend at. However, I have noticed that the hatchlings that wanted to ascend elsewhere, ended up ascending on the peak after all. Lore-wise the spot is very special. In game is no exception.

As tempting as it is to run straight for the peak and hit that button, it is probably better that you give others proper notice. As the ROP and the ascension is a very social event, it is recommended that you notify players that helped you or close friends to attend the event. Some players may be disappointed or even offended that they did not get to see you shed your hatchling form.

When you are ready, head to the hermit and use his portal to travel to the Peak of Storms. The peak has mobs around level 30. They can generally be ignored and one can run straight to the top. If you have small hatchlings with you, it is advisable to fight your way up so everybody makes it.
    Talk to the Ghost dragon when you get up there to recieve the "Time's Ripple" buff effect. Now take your spot on the pedestal and enjoy your hatchling hop one last time. Say a few words to those attending and hit your phylactery to take your adult form.

When the dome of light disappears, hit the forward and back key a smidge. Other players attending your ROP will not be able to see you until you move a couple steps.

Also, keep in mind that other players see you as your new body merged with the default dragon, a brown dragon with the fin-head. If you are a white hatchie, let someone take a few giggle pics to show you then fly well out of range of everybody, then return to get rid of the default dragon body you carry.

There is a dragon just nearby at the peak of storms that can start you on your khutit quest at 14804 19606

If you are 50, you can check in with Valkoth,(not 100% sure you still need to do this as we no longer have faction breaths) then visit Kelakhan at 27176 22546 out of Selen or Lerena to start your breath quests.

Hatchlings used during the creation of this guide for insight and observation:
    Tenkako, Start 30/80. Finish 40/80
    Hitori, Start 30/30, Finish 30/30
    Ricar, Start 50/30, Finish 50/30

I doubt I will make a Helian version. Tenkako was supposed to be a caster, but I found her getting stuck on animations, not firing spells, and too little damage. Thus, back to Lunus she went. Perhaps if someone else who might have a fondness for casting could alter this guide for the Helian version, but it seems I have run out of hatchies to test on.
    Last edited by Shian; January 7th, 2010 at 02:38 AM.

Default Re: The Lengthy Guide to the Lunus ROP

oohhhh..... nice guide.

There is a helian guide floating around here (web version) and there (.zip) but I should take some of your ideas (eg places to attune to) and incorporate them.

On another topic... will we have to change guides due to the T2 revamp?

Lovely, lovely guide! Neat and informal - very useful for the community - Thank you for sharing!

Can we replace the old Lunus guid sticky with this one? New players (and some old) may not realize the old one is out of date now.

Great guide The only thing I think I would add is in the What Your Choice Affects section maybe have something further in the future is the difference between the 2 ancient crystals as this early choice affects this much later down the line
    "Close your mind to stress and pain, fight till you're no longer sane. Let not one **** cur pass by, How many of them can we make die!!"
    "March of Cambreadth" by Heather Alexander
    Drakarr Lunus dragon, Chaos 100 ADV 100 DCRA 80 LSH

Quote Originally Posted by Shian View Post

Selen
    South Gate
    Dryart
    Morning Light
    Grayling
    Lerena
    Harro
    Draak
    While I like the guide from what I have seen, but I doubt many people will be doing the Draak attunement as hatchling.

How many hatchlings have you seen that actually want to grind:
    Adventuring to 30
    Crafting to 30
    Lairshaping to 30-35 (300 skill crystalshaping)
    While I was a fool that wanted to do it, even at lvl 18 adv, but appearently the minimal req for the quest was lvl 30.

Nonetheless the quest walkthrough seems well writen and understandable and should indeed replace the stickied post if that is out of date.
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Definately will be reading more on this when i get closer to the requirements
    Tarskin Ranawen <Scions>
    Male dragon of the 28th season, Order Shard

You can get attuned to Draak by having a Helian sponsor you and get you a key.
    "Close your mind to stress and pain, fight till you're no longer sane. Let not one **** cur pass by, How many of them can we make die!!"
    "March of Cambreadth" by Heather Alexander
    Drakarr Lunus dragon, Chaos 100 ADV 100 DCRA 80 LSH

Quote Originally Posted by Drakarr View Post
    You can get attuned to Draak by having a Helian sponsor you and get you a key.
    That also works for hatchlings?
    It makes a hatchlings life easier while doing RoP. but it still doesn't seem right somehow.
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Dragons, whether hatchies or otherwise, have to make their own key, a Helian can sponsor a biped but not another dragon. My husband tried this with his dragon and it wouldn't work, he had to level up lairshaping.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonboy View Post
    While I like the guide from what I have seen, but I doubt many people will be doing the Draak attunement as hatchling.

How many hatchlings have you seen that actually want to grind:
    Adventuring to 30
    Crafting to 30
    Lairshaping to 30-35 (300 skill crystalshaping)
    ::raises a scaled eye ridge pondering this:: seems I must be one of those darned hatchlings... I've read this guide and am working at raising my lvls to meet those requirements. so I can proudly say that my adv is 42, crafting is 35 and am concentrating on raising my lairshaping lvl, in particular for the crystal shaping requirement. ::wanders off to do some more lair crafting and regular crafting::
    Chaos - Kinrath - Ancient, Crafter, Lairshaper,
    Ashlind - hatchling, Corinnia - training biped
    Sparkled Sunbeam - hatchling

Quote Originally Posted by Ladydragon View Post
    ::raises a scaled eye ridge pondering this:: seems I must be one of those darned hatchlings... I've read this guide and am working at raising my lvls to meet those requirements. so I can proudly say that my adv is 42, crafting is 35 and am concentrating on raising my lairshaping lvl, in particular for the crystal shaping requirement. ::wanders off to do some more lair crafting and regular crafting::
    Nice... If you dont have a lair yet you can do T1 work in my lair if you are interested. I will pay you well. Contact any of the characters in my signature ingame if you are interested. Still got plenty to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonboy View Post
    Nice... If you dont have a lair yet you can do T1 work in my lair if you are interested. I will pay you well. Contact any of the characters in my signature ingame if you are interested. Still got plenty to do.
    I do have a lair, in Aurken, the entrance is right by the fabric station before the silver golems. But if I get a chance or am near the area I'll gladly help out in your lair. xp is always worthy of gaining, as is coinage and hoard. ::grins a toothy grin::
    Chaos - Kinrath - Ancient, Crafter, Lairshaper,
    Ashlind - hatchling, Corinnia - training biped
    Sparkled Sunbeam - hatchling

Seril The Empty has been moved to just west of the Selen Bridge with the latest RoP changes. New coordinates are 2554,22314. She's up on the ridge.

I'll in the process of re-doing this guide entirely because of the changes, but thanks for the update.

Thread Information