View Poll Results: Combine Order and Chaos?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

2 8.33%
  • No

20 83.33%
  • On the fence/don't care.

2 8.33%

Thread: Indecent Proposal

Wink Indecent Proposal

I have another suggestion, but it would require a bit of work and probably a lot of hassle for all involved. Some of you may be all for it, and some will undoubtedly hate it. Perhaps this has been mentioned before, or the devs have been planning something like this? I don't know but if so, ignore this post. If not, here it is:

I've been considering the lack of population, and since each server has fairly low number of players on it's own, it may be beneficial to combine both Chaos and Order into a single server. Now I know one is officially roleplay while the other isn't. There are however, lots of RP that happens on Chaos and plenty of non-RP gameplay on Order. To combine them would increase the populations, and make the game much busier and possibly more welcoming to new players (maybe encourage them to stay and subscribe! ).

To make things simpler for everyone, the chat channals should be clearly separated into OOC and RP, so that random questions and chat don't interrupt anyone's roleplaying. Perhaps also a main chat, such as General, or World/Istaria Chat, where everyone joins automatically unless set not to/hidden in options. This would be an active channel where everyone can speak to everyone and would be a meeting place for people looking to join a group for quests, help, roleplaying partners, etc.

I do realise this would require some work, as guild owned land, plots and lairs, etc. would need to be carried over and/or given up to make way for the increased number of guilds and players. Not sure how exactly this would be carried out, but I'm sure it's been done before as other servers were taken down. While this may cause some confusion and/or ruffled scales at first, I honestly believe it would help improve the game and community overall to have everyone in the same place at this point.

Thoughts? Opinions? Please don't chew my head off.

Default Re: Indecent Proposal

I voted "NO" cause I want to keep the 3 different worlds as long as possible.
    Making one shard will cost the game lots of its individuality and options.
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Aside from the obvious fact that I'm here largely due to the quality of roleplay on Order, which I highly, highly doubt would carry over well to a combined RP/OOC server, there are not that many (decent) plots to go around. Even on Order, almost all of the 'prime' plots are probably taken. Combining the two servers would mean at least half the players that own these plots between servers will be incredibly disappointed when they have to settle for a lesser plot than they had. E.g., I have my dream lair at the moment. If I lost it, I'm really not sure I'd keep playing, out of frustration.

We might lose more than we gain from newer players being able to see higher server numbers. I'm not sure how true it is, but I've always heard that Istaria gets by more on old players who stay, rather than new players who join. Potentially, we lose a lot of old players who lost their prime plots as well as roleplayers who can't find the quality of roleplay they had on Order.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

While I can understand that from a certain point of view it would be an interesting idea.

I however am not interested in the annoyance of losing my lair due to a merger. I simply don’t have the coin nor do I have the motivation to mass collect coin to being outbid by someone who has been collecting and saving it for years.
    For the above reason I reckon that many will agree with me, apart from the fact that RP is never going to stay within the proper channels and I refuse to use brackets when I chat in a regular channel. This is why I chose a regular server not RP server.
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Quote Originally Posted by Raptress View Post
    there are not that many (decent) plots to go around.
    Really? Because I've been wandering around (on Chaos) and there are many plots and lairs that're deserted/for sale/not in use and it really does make for depressing walks.

Also as I said, there are many people on Chaos that enjoy roleplaying, and one would think having more people to RP with would be desirable (considering all the complaints of the lack of RP - or rather the much less frequent roleplay I should say - on Order)

The transition would be a little rocky, and perhaps some discussion between devs and plot/lair owners on both servers might need to take place to lessen the losses, but it could be a change for the better. You never know, a lot of you might get to keep your dream lairs?

RP server for RP and regular server for non-RP (or light RP), otherwise there will be dramas, etc that will put people off playing. Regarding plots, it would be a nightmare, with 2 people wanting to own/keep the same plot!!

I chose Chaos specifically because it is non-RP and I'm sure most people chose based on their desire/dislike/apathy for RP.

Quote Originally Posted by Charys Stormchild View Post
    RP server for RP and regular server for non-RP (or light RP), otherwise there will be dramas, etc that will put people off playing. Regarding plots, it would be a nightmare, with 2 people wanting to own/keep the same plot!!

I chose Chaos specifically because it is non-RP and I'm sure most people chose based on their desire/dislike/apathy for RP.

I totally agree, although I think the (ideal) world should be big enough for all of us I forsee great drama and lots of unhappy people when Chaos and Order should combine.

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

No thank you, I wish not to play Chaos. I wish NOT to lose my plots and my friends that would surely quit if this happened! I vote for NO on server merge!

Rest assured that there are no plans to merge any servers, nor is there a need to merge servers. Istaria is growing! We see new and old players entering the game on a regular basis.

Closing this thread.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Thread Information