Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wisps You are not close enough to gather that resorce

Default Wisps You are not close enough to gather that resorce

*beware large rant*

DOH i missed spelled resource.. shoot

I am tired of chasing down gnomes i mean WISPS. I select them and I am close enough to them. I start to gather and they don't stop moving... this happened repeatedly to me today out side Drift Point at the Glowing Wisps, they wouldn't stop running floating what ever it is they do. I had to gather on the run and even then they would be right next to me and out of range... I was and still am not a happy camper... when you gather they should freeze, maybe they are bugged but they used to stop.

*end rant*

Default Re: Wisps You are not close enough to gather that resorce

Possibly lag... that's happened to me before. Even if the wisps continue to move however, if you are still gathering then you don't need to chase them. As soon as you get one successful gather, everything should work fine after that.
    Want to know more? Visit the Istaria Wiki!

radiants are fast bastards^^
    Even with one or two succsessful gather, they run out of range.
    Its without dignity to lollop through Feladan forest like a rabbit,
    in order to catch them. Which is impossible anyway with craft scales and a disc equipped
    *hears the deers giggle*
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Greetings

Aqua, you are absolutely right. I constantly movegather those wisps and as Lovwyrm wrote its just painful with a disc attached. The gather-motion takes to long and the wips isnt grounded so it still can move.
    Some of the wisps even never stop to move and vanish at the end of the wipsfield and after a few sec. they appear again only to follow the same path.

Normally I can harvest them, if the wips is right under the end of my dragons neck, if its under the belly its already to far away.
    With metal or stone ressources the area is way bigger, those I still can harvest even if they are under/behind my hindlegs.

Its very annoying to harvest essence and I am very happy each time I found an ressidence.

I guess, those wips need someone to look after them and care.

Xz

This is indeed the biggest annoyance I have about wisps, it rates even higher then that annoying scream. Most of the time I try to gather 5 times and if they don't do what I want at that time they get a Dragon's Reach up their ... . Haven't had the pleasure of T6 wisps yet, but am gonna have to try and controle myself among them.
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

I would run too if someone was after my essence

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

I usually set my disk down (on the road if I'm chasing radiants, under the tree for glowing) if I'm having trouble. I put my armor scales back on and grab pack fulls then dump in nearby disk. Not as fast, but it sometimes works :/
    I also find that a client restart helps with immediate lag, but that's not a pretty band aid.

Thanks for all the responses. I turn the sound off so I don't listen to the screaming, and I am normally inrange when I start but they just dont stop. I will definately try the suggestions given thanks

As a dragon you have really to "sit" on the whisps, because the center of the dragons is kind of under the chest, near the belly. So if you gather like you should, with your frontpaws, you get often a "too far away" <_<

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •Â«

I thought it was near our butt or has that changed?

I usually gather with my hind legs and chase wisps by walking backwards

We're going to try a solution to this with the next patch. Wisps will no longer move at all. Heheh.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    We're going to try a solution to this with the next patch. Wisps will no longer move at all. Heheh.
    That would actually help a lot.

At least the stupid things wouldn't move around, and you could more easily remember which wisps you harvested from recently and which you didn't.

Aww.. I know the issue can be annoying at times, but I personally am going to be sad to see the wisps become static. Silly RPer who enjoys immersion over mechanics, I guess. Oh well.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

Quote Originally Posted by Raptress View Post
    Aww.. I know the issue can be annoying at times, but I personally am going to be sad to see the wisps become static. Silly RPer who enjoys immersion over mechanics, I guess. Oh well.
    Honestly, I prefer them moving. But the only way we've found to fix the issue is to make them stop moving around. Sadly.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Would like to see them moving too but if decreasing their speed they move at doesnt help then removing the ability to move is the best way I suppose.
    Dakoren Ironhand - Multiclassed Half-Giant
    Krondel Bloodclaw - Ancient Dragon

Is it technically possible to make them stunnable?

Or another patch note could be:
    "- Essence Siphons are now known as Javelins and can pin wisps on the ground."
    Firebrandcrest Arma: Ancient Helian Dragon | Dragon 100 / Dragon Crafter 100 / Dragon Lairshaper 100 / Dragon Crystalshaper 100 (Order) | My MODs: Zexoin's and Firebrand's Sound Emotes Pack v2.5.4.0, Alternate Dragon Bolt Casting v1.4, Old Istarian Ambiance v1.0.8.

i tried to stun them with dragon fear and other spells with no luck. a stun work able on them would be very good.

How about a "Whistle of Wisp Stun" or something like that? Keep the little blighters from being so mobile

On a more serious note - can their speed be dropped to "extremely slow"? If they moved at "1" rate instead of their current rate, would that help?
    Want to know more? Visit the Istaria Wiki!

lol- Istarians are strange people
    poor Amon^^
    On one side we complain, that wisps are so fast,
    on the other side we panic when they will be fixed on the ground.

Honestly- I shall miss that Speedy- Gonzales- Wisp on Sakon.
    And where is the fun in Fela when radiants do not move? How to use the time, when they are reloading?
    Eat the deers to punish them for their taunting grin?

hmm I do not know what I want- pls forget, that I`ve said something
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by StalePopcorn View Post
    On a more serious note - can their speed be dropped to "extremely slow"? If they moved at "1" rate instead of their current rate, would that help?
    i really like the idea of the wisps wafting more slowly

Thread Information