Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: [Closed] Current bugs

Default [Closed] Current bugs

Hey folks, which of the really old bugs in this section of the forums still exists? Particularly those posted in 2008 and early 2009 is what I'm wondering about.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Default Re: Current bugs

I know its been talked about here but I couldn't find it on the search so I'll mention it again instead of bumping it. Two bugs that frustrate me the most are cog effects sticking on a tool after removal, and that some tools have to be in your vault to change cogs instead of inventory.

Well....you did ask for it:

Non deconnable items. Granted it a little later in 2009 but I still wanna point it out for the record- it still here and it still annoying. Fangs of Fury
    It broke, it got fixed, it broke again (and still broken). Same problem cept this post satisfies the 2008 requirement while the others don't. So in the list it goes!

Problems with music
    Please provide a location for where this is happening, as I've looked at the music in game where I thought this thread was talking about and it worked for me many times.
    (Note links deleted to the multiple topics on this one issue that were linked.

Issue with Gold Rage "sticking"
    Still does it.

Portal on Drakul Issue
    The magical portal that leads...... nowhere. Heh

Issue with Biped/dragon equipment window
    Well it is in the bug section right. It still around. And it from 2008 so there you go.

The dragon/biped equipment window issue has only ever come up for those who do not use the loading screen. Not using the load screen is not a supported modification of the game client files. If you experience that WITH the load screen, then I'll agree it is something that needs to be fixed. However, at the time it was reported, it was solidly established that it only happened to those who modified the game's client by setting the load screen to false.
    Last edited by Velea; January 26th, 2010 at 02:07 AM. Reason: Edits by Velea to give feedback and set up format

I lurk within the depths of your mind, for I am INSANITY!

I still experience mobs disappearing in the deadlands after I kill them, but before I can loot them. Unsure if they 'fall through' the map or just de-rez. I have experienced this nearly every time I've hunted in the deadlands, and just last night had two skeletons 'poof' when I killed them in the Western Deadlands.

Here are relavent threads I could find, one from 2008, another from 2006.
    http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=19422
    http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=14444

Also in regard to the post above mine, I still sometimes get the Biped equipment window issue (as a dragon player) and I have NEVER played with the loading screen 'off'.

Big crunchy ancient dragoness of Order

I hope that no one, Xanthia especially, is not offended that I formatted her post. And we should have thought to give more guidance when starting this thread on how it will be best to format posts to make it easier on everyone.

It is great to find the "old threads" and link them, but it would be helpful to everyone on the team is rather than just adding the link, you include information on what the issue is. For anyone who is not sure how to format the text in a post so that the links appear as they do now in Xanthia's post, here is the format:

[URL=" (Then insert the link here without and spaces after/before the quote) "]Brief Description [/url ] (again, without the space after the bracket).

Please note that I responded specifically to a couple of things posted here already, but not everything. If I didn't comment on something it doesn't mean I'm ignoring it.. just that I'm late for "Castle" already and trying to wrap this up quick cause my DvR is broken.

Nope not offended at all. But some of the links are either missing now or broken.....ironic

Here you go again:
    Can't Deconstuct Blighted Items (if you really need a description about what this is about- essentially some blighted armor/scale/weapons cannot be decon because the option is missing.
    Fangs of Fury (again,the +95% on the crystal is wrong/incorrect/not right/a mistake etc. etc. etc. It should be -5%. Simple as that. )

Female Satyr Model is Broken (Short version: the low resolution model of the female satyr does not load properly. Therefore OTHER players looking at it from a distance or with graphics set to absolute minimum see a satyr with missing body parts. Generally the only thing that is seen is a floating head. This only occurs to the FEMALE model)

Please provide a location for where this is happening, as I've looked at the music in game where I thought this thread was talking about and it worked for me many times.
    As for the music disappearing it is ALL areas with the lava ashy environment effect. This includes areas such as (but not limited to):
    Dralk(and all that lava land surrounding it)
    Island of Fire
    and whatever random lava, vulcanic area that comes to mind insert here.

You might get music the first time upon entering the area. However once you leave the area the music disappears until you relog.

If you need an example, port to Dralk from another location. Then fly/run outside the city to somewhere else, like Usak for example. Music should stop completely by now. (note music will stop but soundeffects still play) Run back to Dralk and the music will probably still be missing. Then randomly port to different cities where you know music should play (like kion or sslanis. whatever). It probably won't.
    Last edited by Xanthia; January 26th, 2010 at 03:31 AM.

I lurk within the depths of your mind, for I am INSANITY!

Balit's quest line is still bugged. The kill counter won't update, so I can't complete it. {

I agree with Xanthia, the music has been bugged for ages, and everyone who plays knows that. Fly over any lava area, including the Kion volcano and you lose your music until you relog. Ghorlakhan has formulated a fix for this which works, and is detailed in the thread he wrote about it on this forum. However it would be nice to see this officially fixed.

The Bard's tail scale has been bugged for a long time, and it's not nice for dragon casters. "Here, have a cool scale, but sorry, it doesn't work."

There is another bug where all the landscape disappears when you load. You can fix this by recalling, but it's a pain in the backside. I have only noticed this bug since the new content DD patch. However others have told me that they have seen this bug before that patch, so am not sure.

The cursor sometimes get stuck in the wrong form when opening windows. eg. inventory window. May get stuck as the little white hand, or resize cursor. Not sure what causes that. It does fix itself after some time however, and is still useable, so can live with it. Just annoying is all.

These are the ones that I can think of atm that bother me the most.

Quote Originally Posted by Fyrethorne View Post
    Balit's quest line is still bugged. The kill counter won't update, so I can't complete it.
    My apologies... This was actually fixed with one of the first deltas in this set of patches, but I must not have put it in the patch notes.

I'll add a note to this next set of delta notes, but the quest does work properly on Blight now. Not sure as of exactly which delta, though, because at this point they're all starting to blend together to me.

I do wish to point out that any bugs associated with loading (when you have your loading screen disabled) are not valid. Playing the game with the loading screen turned off is not supported.

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

A very annoying one that a LOT of folk seem to keep having is porting into the Doom, and not actually getting there. Entrance loads around you, except yourself and the actual landing pad. The green rune ring is there. Only fix is to recall and try again. Normally works the second time. Interestingly though, when I was having the problem, when I would recall, I would load, and the rest of the world would not for about 30 to 45 sec. Kinda surreal. heh

Along the same-ish lines... Ever since the Vista fix, my porting/log in times have gone up DRAMATICALLY (Am using XP). Like in the "I can get up and go to the fridge for a drink and meander back and not be finished porting" increased times. I've also had a pretty dramatic increase in general laggyness. I've heard tell this is generally being caused by the World Cashe being flushed EVERY time you log out, no matter what settings you have. I haven't done any significant testing, as I'm not sure the best way to go about testing this problem, but it'd be nice if something could be done. I've heard this same complaint from a LOT of XP users. And, before you ask, I'm using the loading screen, have never turned the loading screen off, and honestly, not even sure how, though I'm sure I could figger it out if I wanted to.
    SiLang Drag 100, Dcra 100, Dlsh 100 100M Hoard Ancient Dragon of Flight of the Order Shard
    Parcasta Storm Disciple 44, ARM 88, BLK 100, CRP 25, ENC 23, FIT 88, GTH 80, JWL 40, MIN 80, MSN 82, OUT 100, SCH 100, TLR 10, WPN 88, WVR 21

Often after emptying a cargo disk it refuses to be stowed in inventory. The work around is to place any iutem in the disk and having done so the disk will stow properly and the item then be removed.

This bug may or may not be related to one where a crystal refuses to be removed from an item to ge stowed in a plot structure. The work around for this is to attempt to place the item in the plot storage and given the server's refusal message, then the crystal can be removed.

Yet another possibly related bug is having removed a cog from a tool, for example to place the next higher level cog in that tool, the tool refuses to accept the replacement cog as if the removed one is considered to still be installed. There may be a workaround for this one short of relogging, I do not recall of one though.

Knossos

When proceeding to a tavern after recalling from battle zone and having died, the tavern trfuses to allow food to be consumed and gives message that "food cannnot be consumed in battle" The work around is to apply a buff e.g. Gift of Health, and then food may be consumed. It would be nice if the server could recognize that mob battles are infrequent in taverns.

Knossos

Quote Originally Posted by Knossos View Post
    Often after emptying a cargo disk it refuses to be stowed in inventory. The work around is to place any iutem in the disk and having done so the disk will stow properly and the item then be removed.
    I second this and have a variation.

I was working on lairshaping quite a bit this weekend and had many instances of trouble putting a cargo disc in my inventory.

My disc would have an item in it already, but nothing too heavy for me to carry. When attempting to place it in the inventory, I'd receive a message that told me the cargo disc was too far away to store, even when I was standing right on it. I could reattach it to myself, but not place it in my inventory.

The work around for that was to take the item out of the cargo disc and put it in my inventory. Only then would the disc allow me to place it in my inventory as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Velea View Post
    My apologies... This was actually fixed with one of the first deltas in this set of patches, but I must not have put it in the patch notes.

I'll add a note to this next set of delta notes, but the quest does work properly on Blight now. Not sure as of exactly which delta, though, because at this point they're all starting to blend together to me.
    Oh, so the quest works on blight, but not on the live servers atm? Did I understand that correctly? In which case, it should be fixed on the live servers with the next patch?

1)
    When completing a trade while having structure containers open the items get messed up. It happens as soon as the trade window closes.

2)
    When you open a pouch in a structure container for the second time after having it closed the first time it shows up blank, giving the suggestion there are no items in it.
    Dakoren Ironhand - Multiclassed Half-Giant
    Krondel Bloodclaw - Ancient Dragon

Speaking of pouches in storage containers....

I've noticed that, when I close a pouch containing a stack of items, the stack count goes down by the number of things in the pouch. Sometimes it fixes itself, sometimes now.

For example (Am making up numbers, as I don't have the game open in front of me right now). I have a pouch with 15 forms in a Hall storage. There are other items in the Hall storage giving another 35 stacks. That's 50 stacks used in the Hall. I open the pouch, but do not change the contents. I then close the pouch window, with the Hall window still open. The Hall stack counter now suddenly drops by 15 stacks, now showing that there are only 35 stacks in the Hall. Sometimes, the counter will slowly tick back up till it reads 50 again. Most times, it will stay at only 35.

Further complicating things... the Hall still knows that you have the correct number of stacks in it, so you might think you have a bunch of open room, just looking at the stack counter, but in fact, you do not have that much space.

Not a huge game breaker, but a bit annoying.
    SiLang Drag 100, Dcra 100, Dlsh 100 100M Hoard Ancient Dragon of Flight of the Order Shard
    Parcasta Storm Disciple 44, ARM 88, BLK 100, CRP 25, ENC 23, FIT 88, GTH 80, JWL 40, MIN 80, MSN 82, OUT 100, SCH 100, TLR 10, WPN 88, WVR 21

Another non-game breaker...

If the bulk level is higher up the bar than the stack counter, the stack count stops displaying. Has been that way for as long as I can remember. Only really annoying when you are hunting and gathering at the same time, and you're getting close to your stack limit, but can't see it cuz you're also close to your bulk limit.

Last one for now, I promise... this one is really annoying.

Randomly, and I've never figgered out how to replicate this, or fix it short of a relog,

The money display at the bottom of the Inventory window. Where it shows how much money you have, will go blank. No little coin icons, no numbers, nothing. I believe coin is also supposed to show at the bottom of the vault window, and this stops working as well, normally at the same time, but not always. Sometimes one will work, and not the other.

Nambanora in Feladan wont accept trades which is odd as shes the towns consigner.
    Dakoren Ironhand - Multiclassed Half-Giant
    Krondel Bloodclaw - Ancient Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Dakoren Ironhand View Post
    Nambanora in Feladan wont accept trades which is odd as shes the towns consigner.
    No, there are only three Consigners anymore. New Trismus, Bristugo and Aughundell. She just needs her tag removed.

Thread Information